Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Happy Father’s Day to dads everywhere!

June 17, 2010

PAKISTAN/

Welcome back to a regular feature we like to call, “What Year is this Again?” in in which we offer up news items which cause us to question whether we may have gone back in time.

PEOPLE-JACKSON/Here, in a photo I had figured for about 400 BC but which turns out to have been taken just four days ago, this guy is holding his FIVE-MONTH-OLD SON over a crocodile.

Uh-huh, he really is.

I don’t want to spoil any surprises, but the dude is probably a shoo-in for this year’s “Michael Jackson Memorial What were you Thinking, Dad?” award from this blog.

Meanwhile, the caption tells us the man is seeking “blessings” for the baby.

You know, one blessing might be not to have a father who holds him over big-ass reptiles. I’m just saying…

Impress your proctologist. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

A Sheedi devotee seeks blessings for his five-month-old son while holding him over a crocodile during the crocodile festival at the Manghopir shrine in Karachi, Pakistan, June 13, 2010. REUTERS/Athar Hussain

Singer Michael Jackson holds a child out of a window as he looks at fans after arriving at a Berlin hotel, in a 2002 file photo. REUTERS/Tobias Schwarz/Files

Comments

Sum Dum Guy’s dinner turned out spendidly. The Szechuan turned out a little hot, but we like it that way. Hmmm. Felix! Oscar! Want to try some Chinese?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

3 days to go, wooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!  !!!

Off to the farm and then the Lake today. The Lads are excited to be packing for a trip to the Hinterlands. For the record, they are wonderful dogs. I gave them ice cream last night, and back, tummy, and ear scratches this morning. In return, they keep giving me a ball.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Yes Unca, I prefer things to go boom over things to go crunch.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I do like the things to go boom. But not as much as I like the “schkiff schkiff schkiff” of sharpening knives…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

CrowGirl, Jeez Louise, um, so to speak….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Knives are good. Nice and quiet. ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

You’re not going to deny that’s a nice noise ?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I believe a quote from “Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels” said it best…

“Guns for show, knives for a pro!” :)

Aside from my M134 BB gun and Uncas Mr. Shooty of course.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

A sharp knife is a wonderful thing, you get far worse injuries from cutting yourself with blunt ones. Trust me on this, I’ve done the research.

Ifly – to quote a former para friend “The scythe; too bulky for covert killing”.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Does cutting yourself deep with kitchen knives count here?

Yep Shra, join the club. I have marginally more burns than cuts, but cheffing for the win on the injury front…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

If someone is coming at you with a scythe I am sure being covert is not really on the agenda. And if that person is wearing a black cloak and has bony finges yer screwed either way.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I am gonna but a comment here just so it has one more than David “Even he couldn’t make soccer popular in the U.S.” Beckham.

So um…yeah… I have too much time on my hands right now.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

It wasn’t Unca, Spin. C’est moi. And I am not giving you David Beck”Canadian”ham until I get another VS blog!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

So let’s just call it a tie them shall we? Until the next VS blog comes about then Beck”Glazed”ham can battle it out with the VS models.

How’s aboot that eh?