Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Let’s meet some World Cup fans!

June 20, 2010

SOCCER-WORLD/

Blog Guy, you haven’t had much to say about the World Cup. Why didn’t you go to it and blog from there?

SOCCER-WORLD/Are you kidding me? I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that my seat would have been right between these two imbeciles.

How could you possibly know that?

Because I’ve had to sit between those same guys at movies, on airplanes, even in church. Why would the World Cup be any different?

Well, maybe they’re not as bad as they look. Perhaps they’re really quite interesting. In fact, I believe one of them may be a Nobel Prize winner in literature.

Which one, the dumbass in the loin cloth?

Look, have you considered maybe terrorists are holding their families captive and forcing these guys to act like this?

Of course I’ve thought of that. I just don’t think it’s a good enough excuse.

Understand the universe. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Top: A soccer fan dressed as a sumo wrestler poses before the 2010 World Cup Group E soccer match between the Netherlands and Japan at Moses Mabhida stadium in Durban, June 19, 2010.

Left: Fans cheer from the grandstand.

REUTERS photos by Rogan Ward

Comments

These are the fans who would definitely enjoy watching grown men juggle a polka dot ball with their knees.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Geez, Blog Guy. While it does give a new meaning to World Cup and the song “He’s got the whole world in His hands”, my eyes hurt.
Wonder if he remembered to use sunblock?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Laughing out loud. Hope y’all ladies enjoy the abs shot…

Nice payback for the shoes the other day BG, good work.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

From the neck up (and from the neck down, too, for all I know), the one with the loin cloth looks just like one of my business partners. I suspect we can work out some sort of arrangment. If I had a body like Mr. Loin Cloth, I’d hide it under a tarp!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Lamar and Eugene are off their meds again.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Speaking for myself, or at least one of my personalities, a guy in a nice pair of jeans and a smile on his face does soooo much more for me. But the young gals may have liked it if they had a donut this morning…

Then there is that darn red spot on his loin cloth dangly thingy and another song came to mind – “It’s a Small World After All”. I really must go now.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Dave…. I could zap you… just coz I am so mad at BG right now….
Yeah, I would zap you coz I am mad at BG…

Does anyone recognise who Loin Cloth Bloke’s tattoo is of? I’m curious as to whom a man of this calibre would choose to immortalise…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Hey now! If you’re mad at the Baz, zap the Baz. I’m willing to share sprinkled donuts with you in my cave. I would never torture you with scrawny-Sumo dude pictures. Not me. No way. No how.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

no matter what you say RB. World cup football is the best festival ever. :-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

You would do that Dave? Really? Share your donut with me…
Aww, arent you the sweetest caveman ever? :)
In that case, i wouldnt zap you at all Dave…
Oh and I would zap BG when he really really really really disappoints me….

And another one, very strangely, says “television repair.”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Spin, I wont zap you or Doc… In fact, thanks to him, I got my tattoo done… :)

hahahahhahaha

Posted by sasasasa | Report as abusive

Its a Japanese Kanji which says “Traveller”…. I love it so much that I am actually fiddling with the idea of getting another done… but I havent decided yet on what or where…. I want suggestions on “what”… :D