Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

A little west of Budapest?

June 21, 2010

new queen this 490

Yo Blog Guy? You know how you crowned a new Queen of the Entire World about a month ago? Is she still the Queen?

nostradamus book 260Of course. She has done a wonderful job, considering virtually nothing is expected of her. Why do you ask?

Because I’ve been reading the works of Nostradamus, that 16th century seer who could predict the future, and according to him, there will be a new Queen of the Entire World.

Oh yeah? And just where are we supposed to find this new so-called Queen.

Nostradamus says she will be found “a little west of Budapest.”

nostradamus 220Did he give any other clues?

Yes. She will be wearing “a very tight gold lamé swimsuit with a big zipper and gold stilettos with ankle straps.”

Big deal. That’s standard Queen attire. He say anything else?

“You shall find her seated on a honking huge Harley-Davidson throne.”

Nostradamus specifically mentioned Harley-Davidson? And gold lamé ?

Sure. He didn’t become famous for nothing.

Well it sounds like a big scam to me, but I’ll head over there for a look-see, just to prove you wrong. You’ll soon learn that….WHOA! All hail the new Queen of the Entire World!

A woman poses on a motorcycle during the International Harley-Davidson festival in Alsoors, some 68 miles west of Budapest, June 19, 2010. REUTERS/Karoly Arvai

A 16th-century edition of predictions by Nostradamus, the first book to be digitized by Google from a collection of 500,000 at the Municipal Library of Lyon, is displayed by a librarian in this January 15, 2010 file picture. REUTERS/Robert Pratta/Files

Portrait of Nostradamus

Comments

I dont like gold lame…. They are soooo lame!

Good one, Shra. Looks like she feels your pain – or will when she tries to stand up. Think the stiletto heels are planted like tent stakes in the ground.

It is a scam: you will find the next Queen of the Entire World in a cuter suit, on a Harley in Sturgis. She might even be smiling!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

A Queen of the Entire World in Sturgis? That’ll be the day.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

One… as i am curious of all things pretty… what kinda shoes would the Sturgis Queen of the Entire World have?
Please dont say gold lame…

Not to worry, Shra. In Sturgis she’d be wearing winter galoshes….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

W00t!!!! Way to go BG, I take back all (almost) the bad things I said about you. Have a donut, on me. Wait, not really “on” me, I mean I’ll buy it for you. Next stop, Alsoors.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Ahhh, BG, have you been to the Sturgis rally? I’ll send you some pictures of the “wildlife”.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Thanks for the pix, Dave. I see in the one photo I was right about the winter galoshes…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

That’s a touring bike she’s sitting on. I’m a sportster man, myself. Ah, 1200 ccs, the road, the bike, me. Nobody else, no Queen of the World…. ~poof!~

– Uh, yes Dear? Yes, Dear. I’ll slow down, even in my fantasies. Yes, Dear. I’ll drive a very safe car in my fantasies.

~sigh~

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

One day, she hopes to be a real girl, and not just a blow-up doll.

Posted by zeitgeist | Report as abusive

Lovely pic Baz! Nice to see a woman with some meat on her bones! Definitely preferred in this corner!! :P

I wonder what Nostradamus predicted for us OE’ers? Will we find ourselves partying on an island paradise like we’ve already talked about? I’m gonna check out Wikipedia and find out!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E:

Blog Guy will want to enter the new ages,
Through the Onion they will come to subdue it
Bloggers liberated to speak and act oddly,
Donut will be King; keep far from the sprinkleless bagel.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

All hail the new queen of the world indeed! :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Nostradamus: An Interpretation
By Dr. P. Shuck

Nostradamus’s most famous doomsday prediction warns future bloggers of a terror descending from the “Onion.” This holy terror could be linked to the Third Antichrist, which appears to arrive in an age devoid of “sprinkles.” “Blog Guy” may be the fearsome “Bob” of the Land of OE. “Bob” was also called “Baz,” a name that can mean “Lord of the Sprinkles,” although, in OE vernacular, “Bob is the Lord of Photos, and “Nursie” is the “Sprinklemaster.”

Many interpreters have tried to understand the prophetic significance of Nostradamus referring to the Onion in the context of the “sprinkleless bagel.” To non-bloggers, this most famous Quatrain is an enigma inside a mystery wrapped in an enigma. But, to the Oddly Elect, the meaning is clear: Eat the sprinkled donuts and avoid onion bagels.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Whoot! I’m gonna be at Sturgis this year! See y’all there!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

I finished rebuilding my ’80 FLX over the winter. The Sturgis is going back to Sturgis!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Unca, a sportster is just the way I like to sit. Don’t think much of bikers’ clubs, or most of the Californians I’ve met.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

You guys can talk about motorcycles amongst yourself all you want. Imma go say hi to the Queen of the Entire World there. :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I’m more of a dirt bike girl myself. Nice to see a scantily clad lady with a recognisably human body though.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Unca, Gosh, to think what biker club members would say about my pink dress shirt! And, exactly, I find myself too unconventional and too independent to be a member of a biker club. I’ve always thought they really must be insecure in their manhood to need what they consider to be “manly” crotch rockets.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Her ankles might be a bit scrawny Unca, but at least she’s got thighs. Though probably not the strength to pick her bike up if it fell over.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Hmm..she looks pretty good to me Unca.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Shra, is Baz up for a tazing??? I go away and it gets too crazy! I just thought a Queen from the U.S. would be nice!

Shoes? Some wicked black heels or some healed boots. Lots of boots.

Baz, insulated boots for motorcycle ice racing. Nicer than galoshes, and needed only in winter, at least in MI.

Got to ride as passenger on Sporty turned drag bike turned street bike. Hit 100 and just hung on!

’47 Indians classy, Doc. Got to see some old Indians hill climb and that was a treat. Don’t need clubs to enjoy life. Although the OE spot is a nice place to be.

Taze, Baz…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

She’s sooo gonna get a ride ;-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

One, nah, like I said, I will tase Baz when he really really really really disappoints me….
Mr.Pilot, are you flying to Budapest then??

Okey dokey, Shra! No targets on Baz today. Your cake sounds wonderful!!!!!!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Nope Shra, if I were gonna be flying anywhere you know where it would be to. ;)

That is not proper grammer at all but I am totally ok with it.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

You are alright then, Mr.Pilot.. ;)

One, I got to ride on a Yamaha when I was in Barcelona..
My friend was dropping to the airport and I think he really wanted to get rid of me (permananetly? Nah!! I aint that bad!) coz he was driving at 145km/hr….
But man, was that sweeeeeet or what!!!
I cant wait to ride my sister’s 71 cc scooter!!

The reason she’s not smiling is that she’s handcuffed to the gas tank.

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive

Every feminist in the world just felt a disturbance in the force with that comment Unca. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

LOL…. its ok, Unca… I am not a hard core feminist… so, here’s your beer….

I was running to get more beer! That one was the last one and there is no way that the day was gonna pass without any more beer.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

If Shra says it is so, then so shall it be!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Hail ho, hail ho, THE Shra of the Whole World!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

One of my first cousins married a guy in a biker club last summer. The wedding was surreal. It was in an old abandoned Lutheran Church, which the club had taken up as a clubhouse. The alter and stained glass remained in the church. Most wore their colors. The maid of honor wore a leather vest, which said “Bitch Secretary,” among other things. My cousin wore a white wedding gown, and the groom wore a white tuxedo. It was, as I said, surreal.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Biker weddings are odd Doc; I went to one on the Millennium New Year’s Day – fancy dress, in church. Groom in colours, bride in an ice queen outfit. I was dressed as a lion. Most people had come straight from the pub to the wedding. One of my friends propositioned me and I panicked and moved to Wales. Weird, WEIRD day.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive