…so help me God. Hey, where are my cookies?

June 21, 2010

USA-AFGHANISTAN/

Why are you looking so happy today, Blog Guy?

USA-AFGHANISTAN/Thanks for asking. Because I’m going to testify before the U.S. Senate. I volunteered when I saw that they gave chocolate chip cookies to General Petraeus when he testified.

Okay, wait a minute, Blog Guy. What are you going to testify about?

Huh? I didn’t know it involved actually knowing something. I figured they would ask me how my weekend was and stuff. Look, that guy from BP testified before Congress and claimed he didn’t know anything at all. Can’t I just do that?

Actually, you’ve already convinced your blog readers that you know nothing, so Congress should be easy. But look here, Blog Guy, people don’t go testify before Congress just for free chocolate chip cookies!

INDIA-ECONOMY/INFLATIONYou think they’ll let me have all I want? Do they have different kinds, like chocolate chunk macadamia and stuff? I mean, from the looks of this photo of cookie bakers in the Congressional Bakery, I bet they…

Focus, Blog Guy! Those are cookie bakers over in India. They don’t work for Congress. You’re blowing this snack thing out of proportion.

Will they have milk? Can I testify with my mouth full?

What are you lookin’ at? Join the Oddly Enough blog network

For sustenance, chocolate chip cookies are provided for Commander of the U.S. Central Command, Army General David Petraeus, during his hearing on the situation in Afghanistan held by the Senate Armed Services Committee on Capitol Hill in Washington June 16, 2010. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

Workers make cookies at a bakery in the northern Indian city of Amritsar June 17, 2010. REUTERS/Yasir Iqbal

I am sure they are making Indian sweets and not cookies…
And I am not a big fan, to be honest…

Wow…the Keebler Elf factory looks nothing like they show on tv.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Chocolate chip cookies got nuthin’ on my homemade double chocolate brownies :P Take that for sustenance Congress!!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I would do just about anything for a free cookie. Even a crappy cookie. As long as it’s free.

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Judging from his smile, those must be medi-cookies®.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Sarabelle! Welcome back!

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Really sarabelle? What would you do then for a free Klondike Bar?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Hey Sarabelle; only snacky good cookies for you. :)

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Ooh… I know the answer to that… read the Oddly Enough Blog!

Posted by DKuntz | Report as abusive

Yes….yes I did.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

It’s too hot to bake, and now I want cookies or brownies!Oooh, I think there is still a piece of dark chocolate chili candy bar in my fridge. Though it is about to get smaller. Muat go now!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Decided to wash down the chocolate chili piece with a glass of red wine. No longer want to taze Baz…
…but that could change. Love ya, BG!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Jeez, I’m in danger all the time….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@Shra: They are cookies, not sweets.

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Unca! Guess what… I may just try and bake a chocolate cake this weekend… just to celebrate leaving my old job… he he he… I am still at it and its already old… :D
lets see if I cant win the people at teh new office over with the cake… :D
Gooooey chocolate cake….. anyone want?

Oh and E, I dont doubt your homemade double chocolate brownies are the bestest…
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Ireland’s bestest baker, Egeria!!!

Fwd, I think they are more likely to be making sweets than cookies… but I could be wrong…

Are they cookies or are they sweets? Find out the compelling results as two OE commenters, fwd079 and Shra, battle it out to see who will win the “Confection Crumble Rumble”!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Regarding cookie vs. sweets, I have to defer to the original photo caption, which appears at the bottom of the post, in which our photographer says they are cookies.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

And your photographers dont ever get it wrong, BG?? Like EVER??

Sure, Shra, sometimes. I just figured they knew what a cookie was. Then again, maybe it’s the fault of the British influence over there, since a cookie is a biscuit and a potato chip is a crisp and a french fry is a chip.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

It could also be that the photographers completely messed up and reported an Indian sweet to be a cookie?
That IS possible now, aint it? Maybe like a tiny possibility?

Sure, Shra. We have another photo from the same shoot, showing the stuff after it’s baked. I blew up a portion of it and sent it to you on Facebook….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Ok… I could fall flat on my face with that one… but I still put my point across… Now, thats what counts, doesnt it?
Say, fwd, you aint saying anything… did BG tie and gag u?

Since when is a chocolate chip cookie considered “sustenance”? Snack not sustenance.

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive

We may call cookies biscuits, but you call scones biscuits, and that’s way more wrong. And as for eating them with gravy rather than jam and cream…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

How ironic…I hadn’t read this blog until just now but a half hour ago I had a craving for chips so went out and got some! And that’s ‘chips’ as in deep fried potatoes :D (Took me ages to call a chip a crisp though, and I’m really homesick for proper biscuits now! The savoury kind, not the scone kind).

Baz, why is it that nearly every blog you post has me craving food?

:?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I’m sure I don’t know, E, but I can tell you it’s not a good thing that I even had you craving poutine at one point.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@Shra: You’re correct, but this time its cookies trust me on this :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Who has scones with gravy?????????

Oh, unca, I’m not in the best shape, jeez louise! Although I’m also watching my carbon footprint and I walk everywhere I go, it’s obvious to most people I’m a proper foodie.

But thanks, you’ve really made my day!! I’m about to walk into town now to get some shopping done. And no, not the boring kind of shopping that involves clothes, I mean the fun shopping that involves the grocery store :D

Did I mention I’m making brownies tonight?

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, you are absolutely killing me!! Thats it, its definitely chocolate gooey cake this weekend!

Ooohhh and fwd079 uses the “Trust me on this one” offense!! Perfect delivery, a precision tactic if there ever was one! This might be hard for Shra to counter but one can never underestimate her lethal arsenal of wittyness.

Can she pull off a convincing rebuttal to the cookies vs. sweets debate

Find out as the “Confection Crumble Rumble” heats up!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Fwd, if I knew you on FB, I would have shown you the pic that Basler sent me… and I told him that they are DEFINITELY not cookies… what they were, I cant tell you.. coz that would be giving out facts which we dont do here…
So, you trust me on this one… they are NOT cookies…

OMG who saw that coming? Shra comes roaring back with the FB reference!! And you know she means business cause she is starting to employ caps lock to choice words. Things are starting to get crazy. This puts fwd079 in a tight spot here. Does he bring the battle to FB and risk a huge hit to his side if the Basler pics prove to be real, or does he risk calling BS on Shra? Either way it’s risky for fwd079! He has definitely got to plan his next move carefully.

Stick around, it’s no holds barred now!

Really, stick around.

Please?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@uncarastus Just moved in.

I love me some chocolate chip cookies, but let’s be real here. Perhaps they needed some medidonuts instead. Where’s Michelle Obama swooping in to give the employees “healthy” snacks, like fennel?

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive