Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Those photographers just Horst around!

June 22, 2010

horst combo 490

Johnson! Get your butt in here! You call yourself a photojournalist?

What’s wrong, Boss?

GERMANY/I sent you out to get photos of Bavarian State Premier Horst Seehofer, right?

And you come back with one shot of him blocked by somebody else, and another snap that looks like his fricking finger is jammed up his nose!

Oh, sorry Boss, we all had a bet about who could come up with the goofiest shots of the guy. I won.

Well congratulations, Slick! Now look through your images and give me a shot where I can actually see Horst from the front, from his hair to his chin.  Can you do that for me?

Sure Boss, here you go, on the right…

Johnson!

Sorry, Boss, I’ve got the other side of his face here someplace, I know I do!

Bavarian state premier and leader of the Christian Social Union Horst Seehofer arrives for party’s board meeting in Munich, June 21, 2010. REUTERS/Michaela Rehle

Comments

Good old Hors D’Oeuvres, I mean Horst Seahorses, I mean…

Well, crap, I mean the main man in Bavaria! Thanks, Blog Guy, for taking the time to cover someone in my locale! :-)

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

It was no problem, Jib. I had to send the photographer over there to get me pretzels, anyhow.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Pretzels with no beer?

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

Well, we know why Johnson was looking for the goofiest photo – to enter his photo in the Goofy Face Museum and get a free donut.

“Laugh half your face off. Join the OE blog!”

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

“Johnson! Get your butt in here! You call yourself a photojournalist?”

Well, when you give such assignments to Johnsons butt you should expect sh*tty results!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Germans have finally taken this “rechts” thing (as in rechtsfahren — to drive on the right) too far. Now, it’s rechtslächeln. To smile on the right.

“Have half a smile? Have half a mind to smile? Have half a mind? Join the OE Blog Network and never be of two minds about smiling again!”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Here, we have a German woman in clear violation of rechtslächeln. You can clearly see that she tries to smile on the left (linkslächeln), and then when she tries to smile on the right, she smiles on the left, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldHAkwuo_ xE

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Dunno about Pretzels but the astronaut ice-cream, with its patented styrofoam texture, is out of this world!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

hehe :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I had icecream yesterday… not the astronaut kind, but the the earthly kind… raspberry cream…. yummmmmmmm!