Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Hey! You’re that guy from Uruguay!

June 23, 2010

twins combo 490

Blog Guy, you seem to have the best sources of anybody covering entertainment these days.

twins combo vertical 200I was wondering what happened to that actor who played Detective Sipowicz on the series NYPD Blue? You remember, he won lots of Emmy Awards and the show ran for years, but then it ended and I haven’t see him since.

Sure, you’re talking about the great actor, Dennis Franz. There were rumors a few years ago that he was going to marry Paris Hilton.

Well, did he marry her?

Nope, they realized just in time that that would make her Paris Franz.  So instead, Dennis moved to Uruguay and became a successful musician.

He did what?

Yeah, kind of a midlife career change sort of thing, you know? As you can see here, we caught up with him just this week at the World Cup in South Africa.

So Blog Guy, where IS this Uruguay, anyhow?

Hey, keep movin’, Pal. What do I look like, Wikipedia?

Refuse to learn anything. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Top combo, left: Uruguayan musician Jaime Roos speaks during an interview with Reuters in Rustenburg, June 21, 2010.  REUTERS/Marcos Brindicci

Top combo right: Actor Dennis Franz slaps his head after mispronouncing the name of ‘NYPD Blue’ co-star Jimmy-Smits while receiving an Emmy Award in Pasadena, California, September 8, 1996. REUTERS/Sam Mircovich

Vertical combo, top: Jaime Roos. REUTERS/Marcos Brindicci

Vertical combo, bottom: Dennis Franz arrives at the Arlington theater  in Santa Barbara, California, February 6, 2005. REUTERS/Phil Klein.

Comments

I see London,
I see Franz,
I see Paris’
Whoops…
Nevermind.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

That was funny, @Onedoor!

I think Uruguay is near Uzbekistan! ;-)

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

It refuses to learn anything or it gets the taser again.

It applies the taser to the skin then it puts the taser in the basket.

Put the taser back in the f*ckin basket!!!

Chianti anyone?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Aye caramba!!!
Jibberish… your geography is worse than mine….
but mine is verrrrrrrrry good….
but then… if I tell you where Uruguay actually is… someone else may actually think of zapping me…..

So,I cant tell you… but I know more than you!!!(saying this in a playground sing-song manner and poking my tongue out at you!)

Hey @onedoor, you don’t have to look very hard to see a whole lot more than that of the young Heiress.

Nice Shra, you came VERY close to forcing us to learn that the “guays” don’t go with the “stans”. I’m pretty sure you are the sole keeper of the golden anti-learning taser, so you would have to zap yourself. However, I think if you tase yourself, you open some kind of rip in the time-space fabric. But maybe not.

I need medi-donuts. Bad.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Very good likeness! Sharp eye, BG! Twin sons of different mothers.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Mr. Pilot, are you referring to Cousin IT here?

No Shra, Silence of the OE Commenters

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Umm…. I wondering how he can convert “a swarming of bees” to music, Spin…

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to think anybody could ‘play’ a vuvuzela, even somebody as talented as Dennis Franz. Play WITH – maybe, but not play.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

These are all photos from the Goofy face museum, right?

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive

I hate to break it to you like this Jibberish, but I don’t think the world is arranged in alphabetical order…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

NO NO NO the stans are quays and franz is the little country in the middle just outside of Paris’s lower central region. I dont need a Medi dougnut I have just come for the medi doughnut holes nobody ever takes them and they are juust delicous bite sized and have a proper amount of sprinkles!!!!

Posted by ochoo | Report as abusive

Are you sure @CrowGirl? I was certain that I once drove from The Netherlands to New Zealand!

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

My mother once told me my step-brother was going on a vacation to Austria and New Zealand… True story.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I am sure she meant AustraLIA…..

Sweet, who knew I could have driven from The Netherlands to New Zealand and then on to Austria?

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

I hear it’s just a short jog from the Bahamas to Bahrain!
@Shra, didn’t your mother ever tell you that if you make funny faces at people, your face may freeze that way? :-)

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

Jibberish… my mamma told me a lotta things… which I didnt heed… Now I know why people say, “Momma is always right!”

Mr B, one of my teacher acquaintances was asked to help out on a school trip going to Warsaw. He was really excited as he got on the coach with his luggage and his passport, only to discover they were in fact going 80 miles down the road to Walsall.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I used to think the vuvuzela was a B-flat instrument. But now i think it’s just B.

Posted by creigh | Report as abusive