Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Sucks to lose weight…

June 25, 2010

CHINA/

The actual genuine photo caption here says this guy is undergoing “cupping treatment at a weight loss center” in China.

CHINA/It goes on to say that cupping treatment “involves creating negative pressures within glass containers, which are then inverted and placed onto the back of a patient.”

I’d like to lose a couple of pounds myself, but I think I’ll pass on this treatment.

“Julie, have you seen Lamar lying over there by the pool? He’s lost some weight, hasn’t he?”

“Yes, I think he has, Patricia.”

“He’s looking good, don’t you think, Julie?”

“Maybe from the front, but did you see his back? He looks like a stegosaurus!”

“Ewwww, you’re right! It’s like Whac-A-Mole from another planet!”

“Right, like Little Purple Bobbleheads from Hell!”

“Yeah, like one of those gumball machines with the crappy little cheap toys in plastic!”

“Let’s get the hell out of here before he makes us rub lotion on his back!”

“Run away! Lay off the fried foods, Lamar!”

A patient undergoes cupping treatment at a weight loss center in Changchun, Jilin province June 21, 2010. Cupping treatment involves creating negative pressures within glass containers, which are then inverted and placed onto the back of a patient. Doctors at the clinic believe the technique is able to cleanse the body of impurities and improve blood circulation as well as the flow of “qi”, known as the body’s “vital energy” in Mandarin. REUTERS/Sheng Li

Comments

Maybe those are the real names of two of my frequent commenters, Spin….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Thanks, Basler… just what I needed….

Thanks Shra, your happiness means everything to us here at the blog. Calls may be recorded for training or quality purposes….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Call me skeptical and hard to please, but, soemhow, I question whether this will get much “qi” pumping. I think there are other men the Stillettoes would rather see cupped. Speaking of C cups, Bob….

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Stretch marks, Unca? They have an open flame. Think of the grease fire!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

LOL! Would have to use a feather duster to massage his back. Who tries to lose weight on their back, anyway? Are you sure that isn’t a Bubble Boy gone wild???

Imagine what some stiletto heels would do to that back. Gee, maybe you could put up a picture of some shoes and we could imagine…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

“Hear the sound of the life being sucked outta ya, join the Oddly Enough blog network.”

And so we see the miraculous birth of the bubble packing material.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Negative pressure in a glass container means there is no more wine left in the bottle. Wine may be tasted for training or quality purposes.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I spent a lot of time in Mandarin and never saw anything like this. They are talking about the Mandarin area of Jacksonville, aren’t they?

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

I’m sure I’ve been more disgusted. I just can’t remember when. Bob, this is almost enough to get me to drive all the way back home just to go the gym for a workout. And you have thoroughly ruin my taste for squirrel kebabs tonight!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Of course you don’t remember, Doc! Isn’t that what the donuts are for? I am sure you have been more disgusted. It’s hard to trick those squirrels onto those skewers anyway.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

This is a new definition of cupping. I previously thought cupping to be the thing where you bleed people into cups, possibly with leeches, back in Edwardian/Victorian times when you were a Doctor who knew no better.

Surely we’ve moved on from there? Although I do quite like squirrel… The evil grey ones which are okay to kill, obviously.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Looks like the only thing he will get is dozens of hickey suction spots. What a crock!

Posted by vwgal | Report as abusive

This is obviously an optical illusion.

You see a guy like that, his weight is the last thing you’re going to notice.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

I am resting this one out…. Bench for my bummy bum bum!

That guys has some balls.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

He’s already squishy, so why not add purple bumps so he can become a real Nerf ball?

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive