Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Lady, your chest is ringing…

June 26, 2010

Blog Guy, I know you don’t care much about the World Cup, but I would sure like to go.

SOCCER-WORLD/So what’s stopping you?

Please don’t laugh, but I don’t know where I would put my cell phone.

I mean, I’d want to take it in case my boyfriend calls, but I’m afraid my purse might get stolen in the stands, and if I put it in my pocket it could fall out when I’m jumping and screaming for the team.

Why don’t you just hold it?

Oh, I get way too excited and wave my arms and stuff. It might get lost and then I couldn’t talk to my boyfriend if he calls.

What about zipping it up in a fanny pack or something like that?

No, I need to be able to get to it quickly in case…

world cup phone use this one 280Yes, let me guess, in case your boyfriend calls?  I’ll  to go through our World Cup photos to see if anybody has any ingenious answer to your problem. Maybe I’ll check the fans down in Paraguay – those people are always pretty clever.

Sure enough, I was right. This young woman has discovered quick and easy storage for her phone. I’ll send you the pictures.

Thanks! I can’t wait! Does it look like she can get to it quickly if  her boyfriend calls?

Yup, and I’m guessing he calls a lot. It’s just a hunch.

A Paraguayan fan reacts while watching her national soccer team plays New Zealand during the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, in downtown Asuncion June 24, 2010. REUTERS/Jorge Adorno

Comments

Ah, the Worl D-Cup.

Is that a double header?

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Nice one Billl, but don’t be such a boob. By the way, I wonder where she keeps her Bluetooth headset when she’s not using it?

Next stop – Paraguay! Hey – wait a minute, isn’t that next to Pakistan? On second thought….

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

I wish women would act like they don’t see me there whenever I try to take pictures of them like that. Would save me a trip or two..or lots… to the local precinct.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Those of us not graced by the Puberty Fairy or plastic surgeon somehow manage…

I am here to support the Shoes for Shra photo campaign!

But it is nice of you to pander to the gentlemen. Told you the Museum store needs OE Drool Bibs.

Wonder if I was wearing spandex if it would force everything up. Nah. Purse and pockets will have to suffice.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Dave! Thank goodness you’re okay! I was worried that it took more than six minutes for you to respond to that post. I guess maybe they’re doing computer maintenance work in your cave today.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

How about pandering to the ladies next… once you have had your.. umm.. fill?

Is this the new “hands free” operation? Can she text with those things?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

In the second picture, she looks rather pensive. Maybe she has something she just has to get off of her chest?

Posted by vwgal | Report as abusive

Do you think her phone is in vibrate mode?

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Bill… you just had to ask, didnt you?

Thanks, BG, for keeping us abreast of all the World Cup news.

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

C’mon BG, Billl beat me to it. I can’t help it if your Tweet shows up and I have to see what the latest entry is. Only the best in satellite technology in my cave. Now if I could just get my hands on cellular (in more ways than one) technology like these pictures show.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Uncarastus, I wouldn’t say that they are necessarily fake. With what she is wearing, the way she is standing, they are, quite possibly real.

Posted by Corbeau | Report as abusive

Shra, inquiring minds want to know. Just wish I could see her when someone calls.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

nah she is using the camera and playing peek-a-boob with her boy friend.

Posted by ochoo | Report as abusive

Hey, go easy guys. She’s just trying to stay abreast of the action! And may I say, she’s doing a wonderful job of it.

Posted by gmanvv | Report as abusive

Funny comments, gents! One of my friends has a great tee shirt she wears now and then. It says: What color are my eyes? Yep, she knows the phone trick.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

C’mon Little Miss Random. You know you want to say it.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

The man on her left appears to be suffering from Boobie Blindness. Or is it motion sickness?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I feel bad for you, Uncarastus, that you’ve never seen a really nice set of breasts before.

If you can’t tell that they’re probably real, I don’t know what to tell you. Maybe you should get out a little more, and explore the boobs.

Posted by Corbeau | Report as abusive

She has nice eyes. Her hair is shiny also.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Corbeau, you better step back… Unca is getting his Mr.shotty… I think you better run….

Uncarastus, not a troll. Just someone that knows that, depending on what type of garment one is wearing, and what the fabric is, and how tight, how it can cause large breasts to look fake.

Posted by Corbeau | Report as abusive

Corbeau, bro/sis… Unca was just messing with ya… look, this is not a blog where we talk sense… Dont Ever!
Unca… obviously Corbeau is new… give him/her a break…

Ok now.. Friends? Good.. give each other a hug now.. come on children!

Whether a gift from Mother Nature or from Daddy, I’d say she’s still doubly blessed.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Wait – there’s a cellphone in the picture?
Huh!
Nope, still can’t see it, and I’ve been looking real close. All I can see is her barely restrained, uh, angst.

Posted by zeitgeist | Report as abusive

And her bra matches her shirt… stylish! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

How reliable are your sources Spin?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhh….

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

And how do you know that the model in tihs pic is Larissa? ;)

Spin is right, Shra. That’s who it is, and she will be back here by popular demand for the first post of the day. Stay tuned.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Aha! I see your blog BG… pandering this month are you?

Aichh! Sowwie Spin… of course.. we will keep this quiet… OKKKkkkkkk! Btw, where are the other ladies of the SU?

I suppose it’s possible that someone is stalking all of the commenters in this blog. Failing that, Egeria just had a lot of family in town and they may still be there. CrowGirl and Knit_Nurse are friends who may actually be on vacation together. The rest may be in jail, for all I know.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I don’t think anyone is stalking OE Commenters, you know, like in a Vincent Price movie where people are methodically murdered according to Shakespeare’s plays (“Theater of Blood”) or the ten plagues of Egypt (“The Abominable Dr. Phibes.”) No, as they say in medical school: “If you hear hoofbeats, it’s probably a horse, not a zebra.” So, I don’t think we need to concern ourselves with being cut off, in mid-sentence, and be brutally murdered in some inge

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Damn. Looks like they got the Doc. And only a tenth of the way into one of his typical comments, too….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

“The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.”

Spin, when I was an MP, I spent a lot of time in the ER flirting with the nurses. ;)

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

“And only a tenth of the way into one of his typical comments, too….”

Where is Unca for that matter?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Unca is busy cleaning Mr.Shotty… he could be the next target… Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Mr.Pilot, you better keep yaself safe,you hear me… YOU HEAR ME??
Ok, who is going out to get the medidonuts today… make mine a double order with extra super-duper strong Xanax sprinkles!

You could call it a vacation, although we didn’t get more than about 10 miles from the house.

Incidentally, I have been storing my phone in my bra this week, for the lack of pockets. The main difficulties are remembering that it is in there when you take the bra off at night and answering a call in the supermarket.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive