Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

I say! What does one call that?

June 28, 2010

glastonbury charles crop 240Quick quiz: Britain’s Prince Charles, seen here in a double-breasted suit with a folded handkerchief in his pocket, is looking quizzically at…

a) A tennis match at Wimbledon

b) The races at Ascot

c) The Order of the Garter service at Windsor Castle

d) A dancer at an open-air music festival

Surprisingly, the answer is d).

I say surprisingly because you’d think, having been voted Coolest Leader Dude by readers of this blog, that Charles would have seen dancing before.

charles glastonbury horizontal 300You might also think that this being an artsy outdoor festival, he would have shown up in a t-shirt, cut-offs and flip-flops, or that at the very least he would give in to the moment, get with the spirit, and untuck his regimental tie from his fricking belt.

I can’t help it, readers, this is the guy YOU voted for. Do I hear calls for a recount?

Britain’s Prince Charles watches a dancer as he attends the Glastonbury Festival 2010 in southwest England, June 24, 2010. Glastonbury, one of the top summer music festivals in western Europe, runs from June 23-27. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor

Comments

NO, he still is the coolest world leader, bar none, full stop.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Well, show Putin in a similar situation… and we shall consider!

Having recently visited Stockholm, my vote is for the Duchess of Västergötland (Princess Victoria). After all, she just married her personal trainer! Plus, she’s Swedish!!!

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

Are hadukens an OE taboo?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

When another world leader shows up in a kilt, then I’ll consider a recount. I will, however, grant you that tucking one’s tie into one’s pants is not quite right.

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

Wellll….. that is typically posh school etiquettes, Bethy… I mean, come on… you dont exoect Charles to be anything less than top-notch posh now, would you?

Come on now – Charlie is cool enough to go to the Glastonbury festival. I don’t see any other world leaders rocking up to major music festivals.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

You aure his tie is tucked in and not zipped into his fly?
Could that be one of those air brushed tees he’s donned for the event?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

hahaha I love when royalty is made fun of.. :P

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Apropos of nothing I shall explain what a “haduken” is so there is no future confusion. A “haduken” is reference to the video game “Street Fighter”. Two of the games characters, Ken and Ryu, perform a move that involve summoning then launching a ball of engery from their hands. As they do this they shout “haduuuuken!” for reasons known only to the game developers. The skill level of a player can be judged by how well they employ the “haduken”.

That being said, does it not appear as if that dancer is about to haduken Prince Charles?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I know Spin but it was a sacrifice I had to make since I was regulated to the spam basket twice yesterday. Granted the one time didn’t have anything to do with hadukens but still… gotta cover the bases.

Although given how long Shra might be distracted by Mr. Fab Body in the lastest blog the statute of limitation on tasing might expire before she notices.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I may have to let you go this time,Mr.Pilot…

The Stiletto Unit is wise, merciful, and just. I am humbled in their presence.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Elon Musk
at Burningman

Posted by pirate_king | Report as abusive

The Coolest guy in the world is

Elon Musk
at Burningman

Posted by pirate_king | Report as abusive

He’s new here, Spin.. Pirate guy… have a walk around and come back…

The most interesting leader is the Pirate King of Elephant Island.

The most infuential is Mir-Hossein Mousavi

But until Robert Downey Jr. builds a solar powered spaceship, Elon Musk is the coolest.

Posted by pirate_king | Report as abusive

Spin, you are itchin to haduken aren’t ya? :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Umm… Spin… you want to have your go before I zap him?

Thanks Spin…. the pencillin seems to be working…
Funny how the doc and the pharmacist kept asking me, “Please complete the course!”…
Do I look like a person who enjoys sitting in a tub of boiling water???????

You know what,I dont know where this came to me from…(maybe that Paraguayan guy had something to do with this!)… umm… if Charles had to use the loo… wouldnt his tie come in the way? I mean, its already in the way and that’s why its tucked in? But then why in?

I think I need me medidonuts…

Hey hey hey wait now.. what are the charges?

Get it.. charges. Taser… charges. Ha ha ha….

Aaaahhh yeah… need a medidoughnut badly.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Yoou can have some of mine, Mr.Pilot… :)

Erm, I know I haven’t seen the news much recently, but what exactly is Prince Charles the leader of? Has QEII died while I wasn’t looking?

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Look here, Nurse, he wouldn’t have been voted Coolest Leader Dude by this blog if he wasn’t the leader of something.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive