Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

It’s Slick and Mick! What are the odds?

June 29, 2010

SOCCER-WORLD/

Welcome back to a regular feature we like to call, “What are the chances?”

Think of the odds against you going out one day and running into Bill Clinton or Mick Jagger. I’ve never come across either of them, and yet, they go to catch a soccer match and find each other.

OBAMA/This is almost as amazing as a couple of weeks ago, when President Barack Obama ran into Paul McCartney.

Me, I always wonder what kind of small talk these celebrities make when they are together.

“Mick Jagger! Hey, my old vinyl copy of “Sticky Fingers” is kinda scratchy. Can you get me another one?”

“I’ll try, Bill. That’s from 40 years ago, but I’ll look around my boxes of old junk in my flat. Say, this is embarrassing Bill, but I left my wallet back in the hotel. Can you lend me $20 so I can get some cheese nachos and Mountain Dew?”

clinton crop 160“Sure Mick, but remember to send it back with the album. I’m not made of money… You know, Mick, my very favorite song is ‘Honky Tonk Woman.’ ‘Gimme, gimme, gimme the honky tonk blues… I later did the same in New York City…’”

“No Bill, it goes, ‘I laid a divorcee in New York City…’”

“No way, Mick! Can you really say that on the RADIO?”

Musician Mick Jagger and former U.S. President Bill Clinton watch the 2010 World Cup second round match between the United States and Ghana at Royal Bafokeng stadium in Rustenburg, June 26, 2010. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

U.S. President Barack Obama honors Paul McCartney at the White House in Washington June 2, 2010.  McCartney was awarded the 3rd Gershwin Prize for Popular Song from the Library of Congress.  REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

Comments

You know what really irks me? The thieving bastards at sporting events CAN charge $20 for a cheese nachos and Mountain Dew!!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I can imagine the conversation going something like this:
Mick – “Bill, did you really not have sexual relations with that girl (Ms. Lewinsky)?”
Bill – With a sheepish grin, “Mick, I have no idea of what you are saying.
-or-
Mick – “Say Bill, have you ever tried marijuana?”
Bill – With the same sheepish grin, “Actually Mick, I have. But I did not inhale!”

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

“Do you think we can drown out the sound of the vuvuzeelas with our winter coats?” asked Bill. “Yes, and I’ve even brought a scarf to be thorough.” answered Mick.

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive

This is my take:
Mick: “Bill, me an’ the lads are having a party in my hotel room after the game – do you think you can ditch the ball and chain and make it over?”
Bill: “I dunno, ever since she became Secretary of State, guys who talk into their sleeves keep following me around”

Posted by zeitgeist | Report as abusive

Let the convo free-floweth!

USA and football…though UK wasn’t good either hehe :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Fwd… I keep hearing people chanting here.. “Anyone but England”… what are your thoughts on this?

@Shra: Well firstly “where” is your “here” ? Anyway Italian Coach was bit too tough for softie luxury loving English players so England were dismal :-(

If only RB could find, he can show you images / glimpses of their lives, now THOSE are some bizarre images :D

@Spin: Ah how I wish one African team goes for semis at least.. :-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Fwd, up here in Scotland… :D teeheehee….