Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Couldn’t she just do a floral tribute?

July 9, 2010

larissa combo 490

Blog Guy, the World Cup is drawing to a close. So who would you say is the big winner so far?

Oh, without a doubt it’s model Larissa Riquelme, of Paraguay. Without leaving her hometown, she managed to mug her way into 24 pictures on ourĀ  photo file while her country was still a player.

PARAGUAY/The truth is, I may even have used a few photos of her big tonsils in my own blog. My memory is hazy on that.

Anyhow, after Paraguay lost, Larissa reacted the way any of us would have. She took off all her clothes and posed buck naked, as “a tribute” to the team. Naturally, we ran five of those photos, complete with mandatory credit for the newspaper that handed them out.

So that makes 29 shots of her on your file, just for screaming and jiggling and getting naked?

By my count, yes.

Are you going to use one of those nude shots in your blog?

Yes, I have to. I can’t ignore “a tribute.” But don’t worry. With my nearly invisible addition of tasteful, professional, peach-colored rectangles to the photo, you won’t even know.

Combo: Model Larissa Riquelme watches a public screening of the World Cup soccer match between Paraguay and Spain in Asuncion July 03, 2010. REUTERS/Jorge Piris

Right: Riquelme poses for the Diario Popular newspaper, in what she called a tribute to the national soccer team and their success in reaching the quarter-finals of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, in this handout photo taken in Asuncion, July 6, 2010. REUTERS/Diario Popular

Comments

Oh the boys are gonna be sooooooooo disappointed!

Try to conceal your glee, Shra….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

With the weather being all dark and gloomy here, BG.. would you deny me this little ray of joy?

At least the rectangles are not white, AND you gave us the website for the full photos. BG FTW! Now if I can just remember enough Spanish to actually find my way to the pictures….

You have some more qualifying pictures for the goofy face museum as well.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Hah. When you get a chance, Shra, look up the word schadenfreude… It’s a good one.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Shra – you should come visit me here. It is NEVER dark and gloomy. :-)

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Ahh… yes… schadenfreude…. very nice…
Dave, you need to send me your address.. can you?

The difference between a real model and those anorexic fashion show models is the size of the peach squares.

Ms. Paraguay there… yeah… she’s got some nice size peach squares. ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Guys, I’m sure you can see her geronimous zones without bars if you just do an ogle search.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Shra – I really and truly do not have an address. Across from Kandahar Airfield (KAF) entry control point 1 (ECP 1) is about as good as it gets.

Fly to Kandahar (Dubai – Kabul – Kandahar) and give me a call. I’ll pick you up at the airport. Don’t forget your burqa and your sunscreen (and your body armor). Wait, no need for the sunscreen, you’ll be in a burqa….

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Burqa.. umm.. cant I make sure I am in jeans and all and wear a head scarf? Not good enough?
I want my burqa to be colourful in that case… no black and blues for me!

@Shra They make tan-through swimsuits, so maybe they make a tan-through burqa?

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive

Schadenfreude, eh? Well, BG, I knew you were’nt in it for the money…

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Dave – I did a six-month stint at Bagram Airfield(BAF), back in 2006, so I understand what you say.
The thing I most remember is sometimes when the helicopters would come in late in the afternoon/evening and the heavily ionised air would kick up the iron-laden sand, the helicopter blades would glow in an eerie halo effect. I have never seen anything like the Helo-Halo before or since.
Stay away from the red-painted rocks and don’t walk on the HESCO bags, OK?

Posted by zeitgeist | Report as abusive

Are those bits of tattoo visible at the edge of the squares? I’m sure one of you lot will have checked the photos on the original website and be able to answer this. She does look like a fun weekend though…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Shra, take Dave some cookies! Or if you want to bake them there, he can probably show you a good spot in the sun to bake them in.

Wishing you more quiet days and nights, Dave.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

How come you can show pics which are not taken by a Reuters photographer, yet decide not to post chunky hunky pics of the Italian team????

Schadenfreude, wasn’t that a Wayne Newton song? And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar unless it is gum.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Good catch, Shra! Perhaps we need to sharpen the stilettos, eh? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar unless it is socks. LOL! It’s ok, Shra. We can handle it, and Dave and rhe boys can use the eye candy.

That was a rather nice photo of the Italians, though I still like a guy in jeans. Get to use my imagination:)

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Hey Dave.. I don’t speak spanish but when I checked out that webpage, saw thumbnails of Larissa Riquelme followed by a bunch of words which were followed by “5 euros” I kinda came to the conclusion they want money to remove the peach squares. Yeah, that dog don’t hunt for me.

I am sure though Mr. B., since he has the top journalistic connections in the world, can do some recon, call in a few favors, and send the pics to us.

Right Mr. B.? Ya know, since we are FB friends and all.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive