Somebody eatin’ garlic hummus in here?

July 12, 2010

PALESTINIAN/

Today we pay another visit to the growing sport of Bathroom Bodybuilding, more popularly known as “Pottybuilding.”

The participant seen here has guys doing Lord-knows-what to him in a seedy men’s room, but he doesn’t care because he gets to look at himself in the big mirror.

pam crop 180Sponsors of this sport haven’t figured out that they won’t attract a big female audience if they hold it in a place for men only. Or wait, maybe they have figured that out.

Meanwhile, what attracted me to this photo was that spray can on the men’s room shelf.

I blew it up, and it turns out it’s Pam Cooking Spray, an item I only take to my own bathroom when I’m trying to squeeze into my 20-year-old tuxedo trousers.

I gather it must give him a glistening oily sheen for the competition. But what this guy doesn’t know is, his dimwitted assistant bought the Pam Garlic-Scented Cooking Spray.

Stick around and watch. Things could get violent in this small lavatory.

A competitor prepares before a bodybuilding contest in the West Bank city of Hebron July 9, 2010. REUTERS/Ammar Awad

Everything was going just fine, until Pedro became disoriented by the fumes and flew into a rage. The sole survivor of the bathroom incident, Bob, trembled as he spoke of the event.

“He just started snorting at first. Then, he added a kind of growling noise. It made me think of the wild pigs we have back home. All of a sudden….he starts screaming “GET THE *&$# OUTTA HERE…STOP LOOKING AT ME AND TRYING TO STEAL MY SECRETS!!” He tried to grab his reflection, and broke the mirror instead….”

Bob broke down into tears and was unable to finish.

The family has asked that no one smoke at Pedro’s funeral…as he is still quite flammable.

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler, Oddly Enough. Oddly Enough said: Somebody eatin’ garlic hummus in here? http://link.reuters.com/dyp96m [...]

Wow, so many places to go with this, that I don’t even know where to start!
Blog Guy, you really know how to lighten up the mood around the office at the end of a long afternoon!

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

This guy looks….. dangerous….
I am trying to imagine him in stilletos… that makes me smile…. :)

Let me get this straight, Shra. You demand abs, I give you abs, and you imagine the guy in stilettos?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Do you need to have a psychotic stare of a deranged serial killer in order to become a body-builder, or do all the, umm, ‘medications’ make you that way?
Anyway, it’s interesting that someone thought to put a tag on him that displays his IQ.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@justM…ha ha that was pretty good! With the look on the dudes face there I gather this pic was taken moments before he tried to grab his reflection. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

They are very nice abs indeed & a little garlic is good for you, so we’re in good shape…although stilletos make your butt look good and he is in a competition judging your body shape.

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive

Come on BG!!!!! The expression on that guy is so scary, I cant take my eyes away… Imagining him in stilletos… is funny… :D

Look at the definition on those calves! Who’s to say he’s not already wearing stilletos?

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

For something really funny, Shra, imagine him reprising the floor show in ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

What the hell is cooking spray ?!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

It’s cooking oil in a spray can. There are flavored varieties, such as lemon and garlic. For people who don’t know how to cook. They say there is no such thing as “body in a bottle.” Apparently, there is “body in a spray can.” Think about what that would do to your pores. I wonder if he uses spray on hair, too.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Laughing over all the comments! Great start to the evening. Thanks to all. BG, you just keep ‘em comin’!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

That would explain his umm… clean shaven ab-ness.. :D

Here’s a link to Pam Kitchen Tips. The website didn’t have a link to Bathroom Tips.

http://www.pam4you.com/pages/kitchentips  /index.jsp

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Pam Bathroom Tip #1: Streaker Spray. Spray all appendages lightly prior to streaking. Streakers can then easily slip through the hands of law enforcement and charges won’t stick.

Bob, your “garlic” reference has motivated me. Tonight for dinner, its shrimp on the Barbie and Cuban Black Beans, with a green salad.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

That’s great, Doc. Don’t forget to buy some Pam Crouton Spray for the salad, and some Pam Spray Paint, which turns any bean into a Cuban Black Bean….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Why would you want to spray cooking oil ? Or is it intended for the kind of freaks who think that actually sauteeing an onion in olive oil will make you die/ get fat/ taste flavour ?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Doc is serving shrimp on a woman named Barbie? Is Ken wearing the beans?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Bingo, CrowGirl….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

You know One… I thought so tooo..