Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Look who’s in the driver’s seat…

August 2, 2010

Blog Guy, you know what I always wonder about world leaders? They must forget how to drive, what with being driven everywhere, huh?

Nah, most of them drive more than you would think, especially these days, when money is tight.

obama chevy 490

Look, here’s a shot of President Barack Obama from last week, driving himself to some meeting in Virginia.

Driving himself? The president? Who’s the woman with him?

She must be a hitchhiker he picked up so he could use the High Occupancy Vehicles lane and she could chip in for gas.

RUSSIA/And Obama isn’t the only one driving. Look here, Russian President Dmitri Medvedev carpools to work with Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.

Oh look, it’s Venezuela’s President Hugo Chavez taking Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi’s limo out for a spin…

I’m gonna stop you right there, Blog Guy. The shot of Gaddafi and Chavez is a dead giveaway. Everybody who reads your blog knows it’s one of your all-time favorite goofy photos, which you use whenever you can.

chavez driving 340Plus, if you look at the actual Obama caption, you’ll see he’s just driving a car off the assembly line at a General Motors Auto Plant in Michigan.

Oh, right, that’s what I meant to say. The truth is, the president showed up at the Michigan factory trying to drive off in a free car. It’s sad, isn’t it?

It sure is. Did it work?

It would have worked, if he had known how to drive a stick…

U.S. President Barack Obama sits next to plant manager Teri Quigley as he drives a Volt car off the assembly line at a General Motors Auto Plant in Hamtramck, Michigan, July 30, 2010. REUTERS/Larry Downing

Russian President Dmitri Medvedev (R) gets into a Russian Pobeda (Victory) car with Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin during their meeting in Moscow, December 31, 2009. REUTERS/RIA Novosti/Kremlin/Mikhail Klimentyev

Venezuela’s President Hugo Chavez (R) drives Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi’s limousine as they arrive at an event in Margarita Island, Venezuela, September 28, 2009. REUTERS/Miraflores Palace/Handout

Comments

naah… look who’s in the passenger seat :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Fwd…. I am very curious to know, if there is ONE female, you dont like…

Aaaand just like most drivers the POTUS seems more concerned about tuning in his favorite radio station then he is with keepin his eyes on the road.

“Bye Bye Miss. American Pie,
Drove my Chebby to the Levy but the levy was dry…”

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

World leaders are always looking for new ways to rear-end their countrymen.

Posted by Logrus | Report as abusive

Gaddafi looks like a zombie!

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive

Gaddaffi is stuffed….

Well Shra, when the Apocalypse comes, we’re all stuffed….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Speak for yourself Mr B; some of us have contingency plans.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

@Shra: Disliking women is a very very bad thing you know.. ;-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

@Shra: But yeah, German chancellor, Camilla, royal family women of Spain and “the like” are the ones I’d avoid… :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I am sure Obama is more concerned about the radio and other electronic amenities than the actual road… and to make matters worse, his co-pilot is arguing on which radio station they should listen to!! talk about a recipe for disaster!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Hmm, look at the kinds of people who get into the white cars.
Hmm…

Posted by zeitgeist | Report as abusive

Photo one:
“Lemme see if I got this. I press THIS button and machine guns pop out of the hood and start shooting at stuff?”
“Uh, no Mr. President. THAT button sends out a text message to any sleazy chicks in the area that you are cruising. We call it the Monica button”

Photo two:
“Dimitri you need to get clock fixed. Is ticking very loudly”
“Vlad, I think I left the stove on. I’ll be back in, oh, 53, 52, 51 seconds”

Photo three:
“Dude, did you know that you’re tuned to a country station?”
“Yes! I love that Taylor Swift – she makes me feel so happy!”

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Nosmo… I am curious about Photo Three… who said which line??

@nosmo… who knew Chavez was so into Taylor Swift! lol

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Colonel Gadaffi is pointing to the radio, and Hugo is loving the Talor Swift tunes coming from it.
Not sure if their peeps in the back seat are down with it, though.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Fwd, I see your point… :D

It’s “short skirts” Spin. Short shorts are the Nair commercials.

“She wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts…”

Yes, but does she wear a short skirt with a t-shirt? Cause you can do that ya know Taylor.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ohh Spin ya burned me on that. Now I shall hang my head in shame that I actually know the lyrics. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

True true Spin. That and anything involving short skirts and high heels catches my interest so I had to pay attention just to see what the hype was. And it doesn’t hurt if cheerleaders are involved. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive