What happened to your neck, Blog Guy?

August 5, 2010

Blog Guy, I read a Reuters story about proper attire for the office, and it’s kind of confusing. Like whether your boss lets you wear shorts and flip-flops, and stuff like that. Can you tell us about the dress code for your office?

lucky dog 180Well, I write my blog from my own home, so that’s very different. If my boss were to walk through my door on a surprise visit here I could just shoot him with a taser, no questions asked.

Yikes! I hope he keeps that in mind. But you still must have office standards, right? Little things that are important to you as far as appropriate attire is concerned?

You bet. You know how sometimes you accidentally put a T-shirt on backwards, so the little label tickles your throat?

At first you think, oh, I can get used to this, but after a few hours it bothers you so much you get scissors and try to cut the label off. You stab your jugular with the scissors and have to put on a pressure bandage and hope the spurting blood doesn’t get into your keyboard.

PORTUGAL FASHIONBy lunchtime you’re like damn, I need to turn this t-shirt around,  but first, a nap! That’s the kind of thing that bothers me on the job.

That’s WAY more than I wanted to know, Blog Guy. I’ll make this simple. Monday through Friday, while you’re blogging from home, what do you wear?

Oh. I see. I’ve got my Lucky Dog Animal Rescue shirt, my plaid boxer shorts and my mismatched green and blue socks. Monday through Friday, that’s it.

That’s very interesting. So you have five identical work outfits, huh?

No, just the one.

Left: Lucky Dog Animal Rescue logo.

Right: A model presents a creation by Portuguese designer Pedro Mourao at Mourao’s Spring/Summer 2007 fashion collection in Lisbon, in a 2007 file photo. REUTERS/Nacho Doce

Baz, you and me gots something in common…we both take naps at work! How can I do that when I work in an office you ask? Well it’s simple…I can sleep with my eyes open.

;)

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

He forgot his pants…. I like it… !!! :D

Wait a minute, E! You can nap in an OFFICE? You must be one of those government workers!

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler and Oddly Enough, eBusiness BPO Inc.. eBusiness BPO Inc. said: What happened to your neck, Blog Guy? http://bit.ly/9s7eJk [...]

[...] What happened to your neck, Blog Guy? | Analysis & Opinion | [...]

Poor baby! Not to mention you’d have to keep the donut out of the line of the blood dribbles. How exhausting, no wonder you need the nap.

Love the shirt, BG. Sometimes the found and resued pets are the best. They may be mutts to some; but they have a whole lot of love and acceptance to give.
Lucky Dog = Lucky Owner.

Hey, do you get ice cream and a candle with your donut today? Oh, if Shra were only here, you’d get a whole yummy cake.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

You know what BG… I’ll bake you a cake and somethiing Indian too… keep your eyes posted for any pics on FB… ;)
Ta, Spin… I knew some part of my honorary occupation would get a mention in the blog, someday!!!!

Baz, I wish! I only get away with it here because I can multi-task.

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, so you can multitask while napping at the office?

Wow!!!! You are really, truly, my sensei now!! When I grow up I want to be like you!!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Happy Birthday Blog Guy!
Happy International Beer Day everyone!

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

E, if you really are a gubberment employer answer this.. how long are your lunch breaks hmmmmm?

Mr. B., you last a few hours before the tickling bothers you? Wow, that’s some mighty good self-control there!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Well thanks justM, that’s flattering! Tonight, practice sleeping with your eyes open and let me know how you do. Try and sleep for at least 5 minutes like that. We’ll take it from there.
:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Oh, that’s good advice, E. That’s the kind of thing that gets living people declared dead prematurely, and they wake up six feet underground, sucking the last bit of air out of their sealed casket. I know people it’s happened to.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I’m glad no one has ever seen me while I work. It might be a strange sight to behold (which is why I lock the door to my sewing room). I love to accessorize, and often have had to wrap a nursing baby to myself in order to get any work done….

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

That’s why I’m gettin’ cremated Baz.

That, or I could upgrade to one of those fancy coffins where, if I do wake up, I have all the means at hand to make my aliveness known. In the old days I believe they used to use a bell (above ground, with an attached string trailing down to the poor dead soul underground), these days you can get a coffin with it’s own built in cell phone charger and signal booster. Just make sure you stipulate you need to be buried with your cell phone!!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Mr. B, Why not add a ball cap to your attire? I would if I could. I’m a tom boy but I work for the State so I have to dress nice (except jeans on Casual Fridays). Some of those Fridays I toss in a ball cap so I can leave the office, hop in my SUV, and head to the nearest hiking trail without stopping at home.

Posted by PetPunkRock | Report as abusive

I can get you a feed cap that says “Jewell Grain Company.” You won’t see many of those in D.C.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive