Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Sexy new car for the well-heeled?

August 6, 2010

INDIA/

Blog Guy, I drive to my office, but I can never find a parking space. I know you’ve blogged in the past about innovations in urban parking, but I wonder if there have been any more advancements I can look forward to.

shoe car vertical 160As a matter of fact, yes. A company in India is about to market a car shaped like a shoe, so yo don’t even have to find a space. You just pull up, get out and wear it into work!

Here’s a photo of the prototype. I guess that makes it a phototype.

That sounds too good to be true, Blog Guy! Are there any problems with it?

A few problems, yes. Getting a shoe shine can be pretty expensive.

I can handle that. Any other problems?

Yes, right now it only comes in size 260 extra-wide.

Yeah, I guess that could be a deal-breaker, and I see another one, as well.

Really? What’s that?

I’m a guy.

Get less out of life. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

A worker sprays paint on a three-wheeler car in the shape of a ladies handbag made with steel plates at a workshop in the southern Indian city of Hyderabad, August 4, 2010. The handbag and shoe are part of a series of creations by Indian car designer Sudhakar Yadav, and the cars can run at a maximum speed of 28 mph. REUTERS/Krishnendu Halder

Comments

Good grief – a YELLOW handbag with RED shoes!
Is the poor man blind or just fashion-accessory-matching disabled?
Whatever next – drinking red wine from a white wine glass?

Posted by zeitgeist | Report as abusive

You know, I’m a bit worried that this has been up for nearly an hour and we haven’t heard from Shra.

I have to believe she immediately went out to buy one, and is now zipping around Edinburgh at 28 miles per hour, picking off unfashionable pedestrians…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Right, or flip-flops?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Basler.. I think I told you about Jimmy Choos….
And I wouldnt be caught driving a shoe…. Shoes are to wear and drive other fashionistas (and some hunks) crazy… :D

Thanks for your valuable opinion, Shra. Your call is important to us. BTW, I didn’t pay the energy bill on your taser this month.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Unca, I love ya! Nothing wrong with heels now and them but boy, do I like comfortable shoes. There is something seriously wrong with women having toes lopped off. Must feel worse than that pin in the wax foot figure.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

You didnt, I did! Mwaha ha ha ha ha!
Spin… I just found out that a shoe store just round the corner from where I work has Jimmy Choos!!!! :D

deth race 2010 and the stilleto has the slow moving peds in her sight…

Posted by ochoo | Report as abusive

in the background an indian schoolbus

Posted by ochoo | Report as abusive

How much would “Back to the Future” have sucked if the DeLorean only had to go 28mph to travel through time? I mean all Marty would have had to do was pull out of the driveway and off he goes to 1955.

Flip-flops are more aerodynamic than heels Mr. B. They could be like the fuel-efficient model of the automotive footwear fleet.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I would reconsider the thought of driving the high heels if there are certain moderations made to it..

1. Painted glassy Ruby Red
2. There is a capsule kinda covering, when I drive.. dont want to mess up my hair, you see.
3. Plush and comfortable seating.
4. Luggage space
5. Someone to pay the fuel bills.

Shra wants a pope-mobile!

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive