Mr. Obama, let me talk to my manager…

August 9, 2010

obama ford this 490

Well sir, I do kind of like this car, if the price is right. What’s it gonna cost me to drive off in this today?

I’d sure like to put you behind the wheel, Mr. Obama. It’s going to depend on your credit rating.

OBAMAWhat’s this doohickey here?

That’s an ashtray and cigarette lighter. You smoke?

Maybe. So about my credit rating…

Let me ask you a couple of questions to get in the ballpark, Mr. Obama. Um, how long have you been in your current job?

Eighteen months.

Ouch. That’s not very long. Are you pretty secure in it? I mean, good long-term prospects?

obama ford frown 280What’s your next question?

Is your employer in good shape financially, or is he in debt?

Debt, but only $13 trillion.

Holy crap! Do you own your house?

That’s too bad. But I’m guessing you do live in a really nice residential neighborhood, right?

Nope, it’s the only house in a downtown office area.

I’ll be honest, Mr. Obama, you’re not making this easy. Look, let’s start with the very basics. You CAN prove you were born in the U.S.A, right?

Top: President Barack Obama sits in a 2011 Ford Explorer with Jim Holland, the Chief Engineer for the Explorer, as Obama tours the Ford Motor Company Chicago Assembly Plant, August 5, 2010.

Right: Obama sits in the driver’s seat as Mark Fields, Ford Executive Vice President, explains some of the features of the car.

REUTERS photos by Jason Reed

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler and Oddly Enough, eBusiness BPO Inc.. eBusiness BPO Inc. said: Mr. Obama, let me talk to my manager… http://bit.ly/cUDJL0 [...]

I looooooooooooooved that last pic….
That was my expression, when I went to the bank for a second account and they asked me about MY credit rating!

“Hey buddy, about 2 years ago I lent you auto guys and the bank guys $700,000,000,000.00. How much did you get? Whaddya mean nothing? Ford, huh? Well let me call one of those banker guys….”

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

White shirts, white car. Subliminal message? Conspiracy maybe?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

“No worries, Mr. Obama, our ‘Presidential’ Explorer was modeled on your administration! Unlike Toyota, it has NO sudden acceleration!”

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

“Mr President its gonna go real good”

For reply, see Obama’s expressions :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Today, a high white horse souse stated that the President told Ford officials not to pet the sweaty things during his tour of the facilities. The meeting concluded with the plant manager telling the President that he is a shining wit.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Interesting, the President later met with the UAW and UFO-CIA. The President told the union leaders that he had soap in his hole on the economy and was mean as custard on the American auto dysentery.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Are you sure that isn’t a cardbosrd cutout in the last photo???

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler, Oddly Enough, Ali The Lady, Ali The Lady, Joey Gibsun and others. Joey Gibsun said: Mr. Obama, let me talk to my manager… http://bit.ly/d3gCCk [...]

Is CrowGirl on hiatus?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Thanks for asking, pilot. CrowGirl had a run-in with the law over the weekend, but she’s free now and we expect to hear from her as fast as she can get her ankle bracelet back to the farm.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

If CrowGirl got caught then it was no ordinary run in with the law. A squad of highly trained special forces operatives must have been sent to apprehend her!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Thanks Ifly! I haven’t had such a vote of confidence in my abilities since the time I turned up to my evening class with two black eyes and a bunch of steri-strips holding bits of my face together, and one of my fellow class members assumed it had taken 3 or 4 people to beat me into that state. :)

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

How many did it take?

CrowGirl, as a high ranking member of the OESU your abilities surely are not to be triffled with!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Shra – industrial accident. Well, a shopping trolley and a malfunctioning set of electric revolving doors. I found the photos recently. I’ve lost them again, but when they come to light I’ll post ‘em.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I knew no human had the guts to attempt to hurt you, CG…

Hey, I’d like to make it quite clear that Mr B is implying I have an electronic tag. I don’t want anyone thinking I’d wear an actual ankle bracelet.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Where I grew up only what my mother would call ‘ladies of the night’ wore ankle bracelets.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive