Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Celebrities carrying a Torch?

August 12, 2010

torch party combo 490

Blog Guy, I come to you for all my news about technology and new gadgets.

Frankly, I’m astounded that you haven’t reviewed the new BlackBerry Torch! I mean, your review of the iPad was the industry standard. Not to mention your advice on making the iPhone 4 work.

So? We’re all waiting.

USA/Oh, gee, sorry. I can’t keep up with every little fad.

Here goes. Let’s see. Uh, Lea Michele, that actress from “Glee,” was there.

Was where?

At the glamorous BlackBerry Torch launch party last night, silly! So was Nikki Reed, from those “Twilight” things, and um, Felicity Huffman, from “Desperate Housewives.”

Wait a minute! You call that a technical review? We want to know what this Torch thing does that’s new and different and better than the competition. What are the selling points?

Ah, I get you. The selling points are, they have a party and get attractive celebrities to stand in front of a board that says BlackBerry Torch and pose for pictures.

Sigh. I’ll try this one more time. Is this the best gadget of its kind on the market?

The best? I doubt it. I don’t even think it works.

Really? Based on what?

At the party, Nikki Reed said she’d contact me today on her Torch. So far, not a word from her.

Combo left: Actress Lea Michele poses at the party for the launch of the Blackberry Torch in Los Angeles August 11, 2010.

Combo right: Actress Felicity Huffman poses at the party.

Left: Actress Nikki Reed poses at the party.

REUTERS photos by Mario Anzuoni

Comments

Sure I was. I mean, there in what sense?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I believe if the Torch was something to get lit up about, I would have brightened the party with my shining presence. As it were, I’m still in the dark.

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Sorry…that wasn’t funny. I need COFFFFEEEEEEE!

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Lea Michele looks like a healthier Jennifer Garner.

There should be a launch party for every OE blog that comes out. We could all get dressed up and stand in front of banners displaying “Oddly Enough: News, but not the serious kind” with the photo of Mr. B. smiling over the masses.

Correction, smirking.

And of course a huge banquet table full of medi-doughnuts!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

But Ifly, that would be every day, seven days a week, all year long… Ah, I get where you’re going with this.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@ifly … You ROCK!

@69 … I was there too, kinda behind the board. Eating doughnuts. In an orange suit. Leaves smoking in my ears. Brain freeze … @#$! slushies!

Famous people sell everything, BG. Why don’t you get some famous people to promote your blog? ;-)

“Be famous! Join the Oddly Enough blog network”

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Unca, thanks for clarifying. I thought the poor woman was trying to walk on the pointy toes of her shoes and got stuck in the floor!

BG is eeevvverry where.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I have no idea who any of those people are, but the one on the top left is very pretty.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

“Get lit up; join the Oddly Enough Blog!”

We have BG – HE is our celebrity! Are we crazy or what?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@Unca…so what made you realize you were not in fact a much healthier looking Jennifer Garner?

@justCAM… slushies!! Do you mix all the flavors together also? Like mix the Coke with the Cherry to get Cherry Coke..and then add some of the blue rasberry and orange just for S&Gs?? :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Is it me or does the term Torch leave a tich to be desired amongst technology companies in general?

Posted by onequartlow | Report as abusive

@Ifly: Cool idea buddy :-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Apart from the Twilight babe (thanks for the shoe shot, BG).. I like both those ladies…

As for a Torchlight party… BG, when are you sending us over-the-ponder-ers tickets?

On the OE blog, yes, Spin… but you know, a real life party on a tropical island… where you can lounge on a chaise and sip a cold cocktail… I need to tickets to get to that party.. :D

Shra, I’m serious about a tropical island blog party. I was thinking maybe Mull or Islay….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I’m crawling out of my cave and heading to the Bahamas for a short vacation at the end of the month.

While I don’t make the big bucks like BG (so I can’t buy tickets for all the OE crew) I can and will have a drink or two (or six) in honor of all of you slogging away at work.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Just to make clear, Dave, you do understand vacation etiquette. No drinking and no ogling.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Etiquette? C’mon BG, don’t be showing off your fancy French vocabulary.

Shra with her taser couldn’t keep me from ogling.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Dave, throw etiquette to the wind! Grab a cold one and chill in the warm turquoise water. :)

Oh and if you find *something* attactive go right ahead and ogle at *it*!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I’m not necessarily sure Dave who lives in a Cave on an air field understands what “grab a cold one” means. You could be getting him in trouble.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Re Dave in the Cave: There you are again, Mr. B, just a little more alert and foresightful than the rest of us. Yes, Dave, “grab a cold one” does not mean put the moves on an Amish chick. But other than that, ogle away and swill till you spill; just come back safe and leave no carnage.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

I’m too poor for any kind of “smart” phone. Oh wait, I mean, I’m not a technology lemming. Ya, that’s it. I DO have a qwerty phone, so I can hunt and peck in miniature fashion.

Posted by vwgal | Report as abusive

My wife briefly had a “smart” phone capable of voice commands and would even talk to her. We consigned it to the briney deep of a pond, with a little cement carrying case….

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

BG, I’m not so sure that Mull and Islay are considered tropical, but what beautiful islands!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Hellloooooo Unca! You wre hot!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I would definitely support Mull… how about the Isle of Skye? ;)

Dave, hell, even me couldnt stop me from oggling at *it*.. the male version that is…