Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Holy moly! Nonstop Jolie!

August 19, 2010

jolie combo 490

Blog Guy, you often write about Angelina Jolie. Has her new movie had its premiere yet?

Well, I can only speak for Berlin, Paris, London, Moscow, Seoul, Tokyo and Hollywood. I know it has premiered there because we moved photos of her at each place.

RUSSIA/SEVEN cities? That’s very generous of Reuters, free publicity-wise. How does that compare with your coverage of the endless Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz odyssey recently to promote their new move?

So far, Jolie is one city ahead of them.

And why is it newsworthy every time she shows up in a different city to plug the same movie?

You don’t understand journalism. We never know if she might announce a new policy on global warming or the economy or the New York City mosque.

I see. Still, she IS just an actress. Any other reason you would cover every stop?

Sure, to see what she eats while she’s watching her movie. Sometimes it’s Junior Mints, or Cheese Nachos, or wienerschnitzel and hasenpfeffer and schnapps…

Wienerschnitzel and hasenpfeffer and schnapps in a movie theater?

In Berlin. Don’t even ask….

Combo top left: Actress Angelina Jolie poses upon her arrival for the South Korean premiere of her movie in Seoul, July 28, 2010. REUTERS/Lee Jae-Won

Combo top center: Jolie arrives for the premiere in London, August 16, 2010. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett

Combo top right: Jolie at a photocall to promote her new movie in Berlin, August 18, 2010. REUTERS/Thomas Peter

Combo bottom left: Jolie waves to fans at the premiere of her movie in Tokyo, July 27, 2010. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon

Combo bottom center: Jolie arrives for France’s premiere of her movie in Paris, August 17, 2010. REUTERS/Charles Platiau

Combo bottom right: Jolie smiles at the premiere of the movie at the Grauman’s Chinese theater in Hollywood, July 19, 2010. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

Right: Jolie waves to fans at the Russian premiere of her movie in Moscow, July 25, 2010. REUTERS/Sergei Karpukhin

Comments

Baby got back… And front :-)

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Therefore Angelina got her “Know Your Rights” tattoo sometime between July 27 and August 18.

Her hand is bigger than her head; I bet she could palm a basketball, even as cold as it is…

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

I bring joyous news people.
Krispy Kreme are now serving the fabled Luther Burger, in Wisconsin.
This is a cheeseburger made using a glazed Krispy Kreme dount, and for an additional $1 you can get chocolate-coated bacon added.
http://www.thirdage.com/news/krispy-krem e-cheeseburger-weight-loss-nightmare_8-1 7-2010
Let unrestrained happiness flow throughout the land.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Holy crap! I thought you were joking, Nosmo. Clearly this is a clever plan by the University of Wisconsin Alumni Association to lure me to the state….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Poor Angelina Jolie has begun the mummification process a tad too soon. She is officially (at least to me) off the list as eye candy.

Nosmo… who knew a complete state of euphoria could be achieved for only an additional $1!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

la la la la la la la la – (I boycott anything Angelina Jolie) la la la la la la la la

Posted by vwgal | Report as abusive

If she visits a country in which insects are a delicacy, would Jolie eat Rolly Polly Stromboli?

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive

I have three stitched up knife scars on one of my hands, and it still looks better than hers. I’m happy. Shallow maybe, but happy.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Crow, we all begged you not to let Nurse come stay with you.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I’d like to think that Knit_Nurse would do a better stitching job than any of these.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Crow, it’s none of my business, but are these scars from three different knife fights, or one single pirate attempt to board your galleon, or what?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

CrowGirl might have gotten three knife scars on her hand but that’s nothing compared to what those special forces operatives that tried to apprehend her suffered.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

One knife throwing incident, one trying to scrape some wax out of a bowl event, one realisation that scalpels really don’t help with garden drainage systems. Seven stitches, nine steristrips, half a tube of medical superglue, five injections against diseases. Sadly, no pirates.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

CrowGirl..please don’t tell me someone threw a knife at you and you tried to catch it like a ninja! Or rather, that would be pretty awesome if you did!

*Disclaimer: Don’t have people throw knives at you and try to catch them like a ninja! Unless they are Nerf knives. That would be ok then. Or unless you actually are a ninja.*

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

There may have been a summer job as a knife thrower’s girlie assistant in my mis-spent youth…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Is that tattoo on her lower back a dragon…. hmmm…. interesting…. not Angelina.. the tattoo!

Oooh that reminds me! I found a Krispy Kreme in the airport at Heathrow this week while I was there! I took a picture but I didn’t get a doughnut. I’d used up all my sterling before I knew it was there.

Watch my Facebook page for London photos this weekend!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I surprised my wife with a new car last night, a 2010 Ford Edge. We looked a few weeks ago and found one she really liked, but the price wasn’t right. I got the right price yesterday — 6K off the sticker, with a trade-in almost double what the other dealer was willing to give. And it was even in the right color. YAY!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

@E.. I will keep an eye out! :)

@Doc.. Mike Rowe would be proud!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Spin, apparently superglue was developed as a medical thing. The nice lady at the hospital used it on me when the steri-strips wouldn’t stick and the wound was too messy to stitch. It worked a treat. :)

Unca, it’s okay, I don’t use my scalpels for gardening anymore, don’t worry.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I have a toolbox full of medical instruments, such as hemostats (or hemostatic clamps). They’re great for all kinds of operations, such as pinching off fuel lines. And in our first aid kit, I have a ballpen hammer, a pipe wrench, and a propane torch. ;)

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

No wonder your son would have trouble getting world peace… there is a destructor in the house!

people are stupid

Spin… I sure hope you dont get into any medical distress… but if you do, get to the hospital… CG and DD would be nearby…

However, a medidonut a day keeps medical distress away!!

There ya go!! Would you like some fruit scones with Xanax sprinkles on top!