Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Imagine there’s no toilet, it’s easy if you try…

September 2, 2010

Blog Guy, the last sign of the approaching Apocalypse you told us about was singer Justin Bieber publishing his memoirs, but I believe there was another one this week that you overlooked.

BRITAIN-LENNON/Those of us sitting out here waiting for the End of the World count on your blog for timely telltale signs.

Okay, okay. Yes, this week someone at an auction paid $14,740 for John Lennon’s toilet.

Taken together with Marilyn Monroe’s chest x-rays going for $45,000 in June, and the attempt in July to sell embalming tools used on Elvis Presley, these all constitute a definite sign.

These are indications our society no longer gets the difference between actual greatness and plain old personal objects.

USA/Was this really Lennon’s toilet?

Yeah, he used it from 1969 to 1971.

He used it two whole years? What, did he get some bad egg salad?

No, I don’t mean he used it constantly, you dullard.

Is there any indication Lennon wrote anything while, you know, using this toilet?

I believe he was sitting on it when he wrote the “Beatles” song, “She Came in Through the Bathroom Window.”

I thought Paul McCartney wrote that.

Shut up and don’t spoil a good funny line. McCartney wrote it while he was using Lennon’s toilet, okay?

bieber 240Anyways, Blog Guy, the news I was talking about this week was that Bristol Palin is going to be on “Dancing with the Stars.” Isn’t that an Apocalyptic sign?

Indeed it is. And if even one person watches Palin on “Dancing” while also reading Bieber’s memoirs during the commercial breaks, you won’t even have to bother showing up for work the next day. That’s a promise.

Right: An undated handout image shows a toilet belonging to late Beatle John Lennon. Credit: Reuters/The Beatles Shop/Handout

Left: Bristol Palin, Teen Ambassador to The Candie’s Foundation and daughter of Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska,  attends a town hall meeting on teen pregnancy prevention in New York, May 6, 2009. REUTERS/Eric Thayer

Right: Canadian singer Justin Bieber performs at Madison Square Garden in New York, August 31, 2010. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson

Comments

Like I said, Eugene “Toilethead” Johnson strikes again!!

You think Eugene is the guy who bought it?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Yup… thats what I think… I mean, who else could buy John’s john?

I knew people had issues with that Bieber kid, but I didn’t realize it was because he’s a mutant – I mean, 2 right hands – that’s kind of creepy, right?

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

And the mic is going right down his throat… is that his energy-booster?

OK, Oddly Enough Bloggers, it’s time to play ‘connect the photos’.
We start with John Lennon’s toilet.
Next we have Bristol Palin, and Bristol in the U.K. used to be where many toilets were made back in the 1950′s. And let’s face it, the thought of her mother ever becoming POTUS is enough to make you wnat to put your head in the toilet.
Finally we have Justin Beiber, who not only has a potty mouth, but whose music is, err, poop, when compared to John Lennon’s.
I have to say Mr B, that I am mildly disappointed you broke the testosterone-testicle theme you had going. You really dropped the ball(s) on that one.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

That’s just plumb crazy. Whoever bought that must be really flush with cash.

Posted by Logrus | Report as abusive

@BethyB..it must be the start of that very special time in Justin Biebers life… you know, the transistion from being an innocent young girl into a mutant. And from the look on the guys face behind the Bieber, it ain’t pretty.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I do believe Eugene had the winning bid for John’s john. After all is last name is “John”son.

I wonder if John’s john works? For $14 grand, it better!

“Don’t just sit there! Join the OE blog network.”

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

I am puzzled…

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

ok, maybe I tend to the mundane, but where does the seat attach to John’s john? Is this a seatless john? I wonder what Yoko thought of that….

Posted by NWHiker | Report as abusive

Eugene is currently wearing the seat as a necklace/hat fashion statement.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

The story about Lennon’s toilet appeared on Wednesday. But it also mentioned that Lennon had ordered it out of the house to be replaced by another fixture. Notice, it has no seat and no tank. The rest of it must have been one of the old fashioned overhead tanks. The contractor overseeing renovations kept it in his garage for 40 years. Lennon apparently didn’t like it – he and Yoko liked minimalist spaces and white rooms as I recall.

So it is very dubious piece of Lennon memorabilia. The think the guy who bought it was a chump.

Posted by paintcan | Report as abusive

@ 69spinster, what’s shraaaaa mean? Otherwise I think I understand your comment. Is shraaaaa the same as the Britsh Pshaw? I think that’s how it was spelled?

Posted by paintcan | Report as abusive

@paintcan… Shra is a name. And it’s the last name you hear before you feel the taser. You see, anything educational or informative is taboo here in the OE world. Shra makes sure it stays that way.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Thanks for that, Ifly….

Hey wait, technically didn’t you just teach him something? Didn’t you just inform him?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Thanks fellas.. just wanna make sure every new entry knows the rules of commenting on the blog BEFORE they commet on the blog… BG, you sure you cant add this rule to your already existing rule for OE? Sure, you can!
And no, I am not gonna zap Mr.Pilot..

So, Paintcan… here’s your zapppp.. and if you are lucky, you will know never to teach and never to learn IN this blog…

Ignorance is bliss. :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

No Mr. B. I did not teach or inform, I warned. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Damn. Freed on a legal technicality!

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Muah ha ha ha ha haaaa.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Say, anyone seen the Doc?