Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Everybody must get droned!

September 3, 2010

Blog Guy, I was interested in your recent post about music in Hell. You painted a nightmarish picture of nonstop accordions and bagpipes droning everywhere. Anyway, I have a question. Is there adequate parking in Hell, or do you have to spend all your time looking for a space?

SWITZERLAND/

“All your time” is a relative term in Hell. Taking a few centuries to find a good space isn’t going to inconvenience you in eternity, after all. Having said that, as you can see there is ample parking at most places.

SWITZERLAND/Wait a minute. Who are those guys with long things in the background?

Huh? Oh, those are Swiss alphorns players. You didn’t think you’d be able to avoid the constant musical drone in Hell just by getting in your car, did you?

I’m sure at first you’ll end up running over a few alphorn players – everybody does -  but of course they just get right back up and start blowing again.

No! No! No! Look, I have to get away from it! What about flying?

Of course there are flights, silly! They’re as near as Alphorn Airport. Here’s a photo, on the right.

I must remain calm. Is it possible to travel in Hell in some manner where I DON’T need to listen to alphorns?

Why didn’t you just ask that in the first place? Sure, you can take the train.

Oh, thank you! Where do I go for that?

Just follow the sound to Oktoberfest Oompah Loudspeaker Station….

Top: Alphorn maker Josef Stocker (3rd R) plays his alphorn with friends of the Alphorn Association Kriens on a public parking in the industrial area of Kriens, central Switzerland August 26, 2010. REUTERS/Michael Buholzer

Right: A spectator carries a Swiss Alpenhorn as he visits an Airbus A-380 aircraft after its first arrival at Zurich airport, January 20, 2010. REUTERS/Arnd Wiegmann

Comments

Now why did he have to go see the plane with his alphorn?
Unless, he wanted to give someone the Sound of Hell..

Well yes, Shra, that is the “Welcome to Hell, How was your Flight?” band.

They play every day except Wednesday, which is open-mic karaoke day in Hell.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

The hell with everything else, that’s a nice shiny airplane! :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Aha, that does make sense MR.B… and since I wasnt in Switzerland when this plane landed, that means I am not in Hell nor am I going to…
Mr. Pilot… feast your eyes!

A bunch of horny Swiss guys hanging out in the street.
It must be Friday.
Just for Ifly, as it’s Beer-drinking day, I found some Oktoberfest photos from last year: http://www.rgbpicture.com/oktoberfest-in -munich.
God bless the Germans.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

It’s just a nice shiny aeroplane Unca. :)

Nosmo, I am gonna have to check the link at home. Here at work Reuters is the only outside website we are allowed to view. I dunno why. It’s certainly not to spend time on the OE blog. Nope, not at all. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ah, yes. The plane from Hell. You’ll only have to stop your walk down the aisle for one person to put his baggage in the overhead bin. Unfortunately, the man will be trying to store his alpenhorn…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

We own an alpenhorn created by my grandfather as a prop for chili cook-offs in Pennsylvania. Maybe I grew up in hell?

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive

My mother is from Denmark, and when I was three, we were living there for a while. My grandfather used to smoke a pipe, and we went to Switzerland I was amazed at how much larger their ‘smoking pipes’ were and I asked him if he was going to take one home with him.
My mother laughed until she cried.
My grandfather didn’t really understand either what I was saying, or why my mother was laughing so hard.
Which caused my mother to laugh even more, and cause my dad to pull the car over to the side of the road, so he could wipe the tears of laughter from his eyes.
My mother subsequently bought me the biggest block of chocolate I had ever seen.
Happy times.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@MamaC326…can you please enlighten me as to the correlation between an alpenhorn and chili?

Actually before you do so let me ask Shra is enlightenment allowed, don’t want you getting the taser on my account.

Shra, no tasing MamaC?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Mama, I don’t want to horn in on Shra’s territory, but I think the connection between chili and alpenhorn is this: they both cause a mighty obnoxious sound.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

ladylala…I think you just provided the best answer! :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Imma let you finish Ladylala, but I don’t think you’re using that alpenhorn correctly. I’m only saying……

Posted by KWest | Report as abusive

There Mr.Pilot, you dont need an enlightening answer! Oh, and its not allowed, by the way! :P

@KWest… yeah bro she totally forgot to yell “RRRIIICCCCOOOLLAAAA” afterwards.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Really Shra, even enlightenment isn’t allowed?? But it’s not actually learning anything, it’s just a heightened sense of awareness!!

Oh wait..that’s not good either. Then we would be aware that we should be outside doing productive stuff rather than reading the OE blog. Enlightenment gets a double shot from the taser! :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Now, I wont go that radical now, Mr.Pilot.. but you get my point and I am glad.. :D

A mandala sand drawing kit! And a nice one at that! I want one! :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Umm…. someone explain to me what that means? Anyone?

What what means?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Ohhhh!!! That!! Yeah, I know what a mandala means.. yeah… I do.. you didnt do any teaching Unca.. so, no zaps for ya..

Another bunch of Germans showing off their horns in public. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL3439 21120080903

Posted by methusealh | Report as abusive