This is what they call spiked heels?

September 8, 2010

knight director shoes 490 this

Blog Guy, I’m a loyal reader living in Scotland, and I need fashion advice. Can you recommend some good shoes for a knight out?

So you’re looking for stylish evening footwear?

leona shoes 260No, I mean KNIGHT, not night! My boyfriend is a professional knight, and when he picks me up for a date in full armor, I like to look like I belong with him.

You may be in luck. The photo above shows a prominent guest at a big film festival last weekend. Her shoes have a medieval flair, and here are some others seen recently at chic events. Damsel shoes are having a Renaissance!

So where is your knight in shining armor taking you?

red knight shoes 260To a siege.

A siege? Who’s sending him there?

The king, his liege.

His liege is sending him to a siege? Well, as they say, noblesse oblige! Will he be dressed in the royal color?

Yes, Lamar will wear beige….

Wow. That’s quite a plume in his helmet. Any idea what he will do in the siege?

The king is being secretive. He just said it’s Lamar’s chance to be “catapulted to success.”

That’s exciting. Uh, has Lamar ever flown before? I’m just asking.

Top: Director Floria Sigismondi poses during a photocall for her film The Runaways at the 36th American film festival in Deauville, September 4, 2010. REUTERS/Vincent Kessler

Right: The shoes of British singer Leona Lewis are pictured during her performance at the Rock in Rio Music Festival in Lisbon May 22, 2010. REUTERS/Jose Manuel Ribeiro

Left: A model presents a creation as part of Versus Spring/Summer 2010 women’s collection during Milan Fashion week, September 27, 2009. REUTERS/Stefano Rellandini

Regular blog readers should join me in wishing a happy first anniversary to Shra, who sent her first comment one year ago today. I know, it seems like much longer…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Happy Anniversary, Shra!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Guess this is the right place and occassion to say I am chuffed… :D
And also maybe a thank you speech? :)
Naaaaahhhh!!!

All hail BG, master of the OE blog.. for keeping us sane through our days with his blogs, and endless supply of medidonuts and barely-legal-in-the-US anymore drugs…

All hail the OE commentors who put up with BG and each other… :D

On behalf of KWest, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and myself, Happy Anniversary, Shra!!!

And, Andrew Meyer just wanted to say “Don’t tase me Bro!”

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

*Thinking if get kicked in delicate place with such heels and shivers* :D

@Shra: Happy anniversary Shra :-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Ohh happy anniversary Shra! See you can’t say Mr. B. doesn’t care. Most men don’t remember their wedding anniversarys and yet here he remembers the day of your first comment. Awwww. :D

Am I wrong in getting a sense of deja vu with this blog subject though Mr. B.?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

There was a somewhat similar theme, but very different approach, different bad puns, etc. some time ago:
http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 09/09/28/for-a-well-heeled-damsel-on-a-k night-out/

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

That can’t be Shra replying. She didn’t mention anything about the shoes…

Posted by REDruin | Report as abusive

Wow, nice anniversary present for Shra, knowing how she loves shoes so much. Shra, congrats on wasting a whole year of your life hanging around the OEBN.

Hey BG, any chance several of us old duffers can pool our anniversary dates and get some really cool stuff? Something without Lamar, Eugene, Prince What’s-his-name, etc., but maybe including Barbie, Lulu, or Candi – with minimal attire and no annoying white bars?

Just askin’.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Jeez Dave, you got the Rizla umbrella girl just a couple of days ago. You’re killing me here!

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Hurrah for Shra!
Queens of boots (particularly strappy, heely ones), mistress of the Taser, co-dispenser of medidoughnuts, wise sayer of whether things be fashionable or otherwise.
We, the unworthy, bow down before you.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Mr. B. as Unca pointed out that the Rizla unbrella girl could have very well been Prince Charles wearing a new kilt.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Lol!! Ta ya all! Truly chuffed!
Red, well, BG knows I am not too keen on the spiked shoes.. but I aint complaining today!!
Dave, well.. I actually didnt have anything better to do.. Go figure! :D
Mr.King.. you of all are THE king.. we bow to thou and thoust witty comments! :D

Happy Anniversary Shra! I am glad the medidoughnuts have been dispensed, the shoes commented upon, and the puns shared for at least a year.
I hope to continue to read more comments from you, and the rest of the BG followers. For now I must get back to work. :)

Posted by PetPunkRock | Report as abusive

Damnit, chainmail was fashionable this summer?! Why didn’t anyone tell me?!

Well done you Shra. :)

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Titanium! Yes! I hate it when my chain mail gets all rusty.

Happy Blogiversary, Shra!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Couldn’t have blogged it better myself, BG. Nice job.

Good for the old ego, eh, Shra? :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

SHRA! HAPPY, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Even if you don’t like the spikes on the shoes, you always have a point:) And the patterned tights are waaaaay cool, girlfriend. You should get a pair like that to go with your new boots and a mini skirt! Happy, Happy and thanks for all your good thoughts.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Thanks you guys… this wouldnt have been as much fun if it wasnt for each and every one of you…

This has been a truly humbling experience and now that I am an year and a 1 day old on the blog.. well.. lets get back to Business! :D

Like I said, wouldnt have been as much fun!! Thanks, Spin! You \m/ :)

Chainmail is too hot for summer attire and would have gone rusty this August.

If they weren’t wearing such inappropriate footwear then maybe they wouldn’t need a knight in shining armour, although the first pair are quite pretty.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Right. Chainmail, perfect cruise wear for falling overboard…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive