Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Talk to the head, Ma!

September 9, 2010

charles gathering this 490

“Sis, I was looking in the attic at the Palace yesterday, and you won’t believe what I found! I opened this old hatbox, and there was Anne Boleyn’s head!

charles gathering crop 360“I’m serious! It’s shrunk, but it’s still about this big, and it really stinks!

“I guess after Henry chopped it off back in 1536, he just kept it as a souvenir…

“Hey Sis, look at Ma! She’s really pissed! She doesn’t like to hear about gross stuff…

“Come on, Ma, smile! It’s me, Charlie! Didn’t I come up to Scotland and eat Haggis for you?

“Uh-oh Ma, look what I have in my hand! It’s Anne Boleyn’s little head! She’s saying, ‘Elizabeth, can we stop at a Stuckey’s for a Pecan Log Roll on the way back to London? Pleeeeeese?’

“Oh Ma, don’t be such a grump! Who died and made YOU queen?”

Photos courtesy of the Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop

Britain’s Queen Elizabeth (L) Prince Charles (C) and Princess Anne (R) attend the Braemar Gathering, in Braemar Scotland September 4, 2010. REUTERS photos by Russell Cheyne

Comments

I love that look on Madame Queenie’s face!!
Like she is saying, “You nincompoop Charlie, flibbertigibbet!”

And oh, Mr. Cool Dude Charlie is wearing his kilt again!!
Dont think you could get a wider shot and take in Anne’s shoes, could you? I am sure she has a better pair on than her mother’s…

And he’s even got a dagger in his sock … swoon …

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

“Oh Annie I do say I am going to get an ice cream cone! It’s going to be this big with sprinkles! OOOOoooooo how jolly! Mummsy, oh mummsy dear won’t it be jolly having an ice cream cone? Wouldn’t you like some? Tee hee happy day! Ice cream!”

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Mr. Pilot.. I say, it would be jolly good to see you in Queenie’s land.. You shall fit right in! Blimey, you shall!

Mr. B, I say, where is Miss Spin? Is she off to a lovely part of the US?

I say! Doesn’t Princess Anne have a rather smashing set of pins.
At the risk of being educational, at the 1972 Olympic Games, the only competitor to NOT have to submit to a sex test, was HRH The Princess Anne.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Thanks for asking, Shra. I did get an e-mail from Spin saying she would be away for most of this week. I recall she is part of a well-funded expedition searching for the lost continent of Atlantis.

Or maybe it was for Rosh Hashanah. I’m not sure.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

LOLzzzz all of the blogs on Prince are just fab !! :D :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I am sure it must be Rosh Hashanah….

The poor queen stuck with that silly son, whom she’d like to strike with her big white purse. Bet she wishes she were French.

Posted by slick9 | Report as abusive

fwd did you just laugh yourself to sleep?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

No ifly, nearly fainted, LOLzzz :-)

But a good one, though :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Sooo, this business of Charlie wearing skirts… There does seem to be a lot of pics like this. I’m just sayin’…

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

I bet I know what she’s thinking….

“Why oh why does he have to wear the skirt when he’s out with me?”

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

You have a sweet one too, Spin!!
I tried finding out how to wish you the same in Yiddish.. but the script was way beyond anything I could comprehend!

Spin have a good weekend! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I think what the senior Royals are telling us here is that legs are definitely going to be IN this autumn. What we need now are the junior Royals – the princesses -to show us they are following the example of their elders. As for the princes, whilst not wishing to disappoint the lady commenters, I think we’d better draw the line at Charles.

Posted by ExpatP | Report as abusive

When one of the residents in the nursing home I worked in opened her 100th birthday card from the queen, she complained that the queen wasn’t smiling on the photograph. She doesn’t seem very amused at all these days.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive