Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

What are you boys doing in this dive?

September 12, 2010

Blog Guy, I’m a woman with a question about human nature. How dumb are guys?

Excuse me?

USA/

You know, I mean how really, really stupid are they? Will they do absolutely anything if they think it will impress a pretty woman?

Of course. Are you from Jupiter or something?

hula vertical 220Look, Here’s a picture of some guys diving from a cliff about two miles up, as hula girls watch them. Chances are the dudes can’t even swim, but when hula girls ask you to do something….

Stop! Nobody could be that dumb. What could the hula girls possibly have said to them?

Something subtle, like, “Oooooh, us hula girls would love to spend time with you boys, but first, jump onto those jagged rocks down there while we watch!”

Then the smartest guy probably said, “Sure, but how will we find you once we’re down there? And then the hula girls would have said, “Oh, we’ll be there, we know a short cut!”

Look, give these guys some credit. My bet is they’re probably champion divers who know every inch of the coastline.

Is that right? My bet is you haven’t seen the uncropped photo. There isn’t even any water there.

Yikes! That IS moronic beyond belief! What’s likely to happen to them?

Well, just speaking for myself, I was in a body cast for eight months.

Local hula girls watch the lead-up to the final round of the 2010 Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series in Oahu, Hawaii, September 8, 2010. REUTERS/Romina Amato and Dean Treml/Red Bull/Handout

Comments

Yeah I have nothing to say, I have embarassed myself plenty trying to impress women. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Now, if they just got their hands on the inflatable crowd folks and attached some weights to them so they wouldn’t get caught in the updraft, maybe they could pull it off without such painful endings.

It is entirely possible, and more than a little probable, that doing stupid things is not gender specific.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

And just how is that, Mr.Pilot?

Ha ha Shra those moments die with me. ;)

Mr. B. your translation of “flutag” in regards to Red Bull was quite hilarious. What do you think Red Bull is trying to advirtise here?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Apparently Red Bull isn’t the only thing that doesn’t actually give you wings.
Red Hula Girls don’t either.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

So we’re playing formation silly-beggers, are we?

Posted by ExpatP | Report as abusive

Red Hula Girls might not give you wings, but I would bet a kiss for luck would insight a welling of courage in one’s chest.

Posted by PetPunkRock | Report as abusive

Welcome ExpatP and their lovely phrase “formation silly beggars”. :)

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I can see the phrase “Formation Silly Beggars”, or FSB becoming an instant OE meme. Sooo many uses for a catchy line like that in the fashion, bullfighting and (para)military areas, just to name a few!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

And boys always die after a women, never its vice e versa
*sigh*

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

@fwd: are you hoping to deplete the stock of the feminine gender?

“Formation Silly Beggars” – standing in line and hoping they get to the clerk at the bank/dmv/post office before they close down one person ahead of them.

Glad you’re here, ExpatP!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Formation Silly-Beggars – People standing in line at 4 a.m on a freezing December morning to get into a sale that hardly has anything worth having…