Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Shoppe ’til you droppe?

September 13, 2010

Blog Guy, you haven’t updated us on your  Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop in Washington, DC, for some time. Last we heard, it was poised to take off. So what’s new there?

goofy hayden combo 490

Lots! HUGE stuff! Our expensive marketing consultant wants us to change Doughnut Shop to Doughnut Shoppe in the name, to make it classier.

In fact, she recommended going all the way, to Ye Olde Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shoppe, but I told her, “Honey, this ain’t Colonial Williamsburg!”

goofy affleck 220Er, sure, Blog Guy. That name change could turn the whole thing around. When can we expect it?

Pretty soon, in time for the big tourist season in the fall.

The fall? I’m no expert, but wouldn’t summer be your big tourist season?

You know, you may be right! I THOUGHT the lines of people stopping by just to use our restrooms got a lot longer in July and August! Damn! I KNEW I should have read past page one of the consultant’s 460-page recommendations!

Blog Guy, do yourself a favor. Flip to the very last page and read me her final sentence.

Okay. It says here, “In summary, this explains why you should close the museum and turn it into a nuclear waste storage facility…”

Photos courtesy of Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop

Combo left: Actress Hayden Panettiere, girlfriend of Wladimir Klitschko of Ukraine, prior to her boyfriend’s heavyweight title fight against Samuel Peter from Nigeria in Frankfurt, September 11, 2010. REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach.

Combo right: Cast member Matthew Perry participates in the panel for “Mr. Sunshine” during the Disney, ABC Television Group Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, August 1, 2010. REUTERS/Phil McCarten.

Left: Director Ben Affleck signs autographs at the 67th Venice Film Festival, September 8, 2010. REUTERS/Tony Gentile

Comments

Is it just me….or does Hayden’s head look like it’s turned all the way around on her neck or something? Is she playing in a remake of The Exorcist by any chance? Or maybe that’s just the head of a monstrous snake-like creature whose vain attempt at blending in with humans has only served to make it more grotesque (as evidenced by the looks on Perry and Afleck’s faces…)

Why is it that every time I say (or type) Ben Afleck’s name, I think of a duck. Now THAT’S marketing! Oh wait. No…it’s just annoying.

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

She has a good set of teeth…
Matthew Perry… he made teh best Chandler EVER!
Ben…I gues.. he finally saw his ex…

My wife is like that only!! She’s the one who is most addicted to shopping.
Chris Harris

Posted by chris251984 | Report as abusive

Ben Whofleck?

justK, it kinda looks like Hayden had her head transplanted on a thumb doesn’t it? She has become a Thumbkin! Where is Thumbkin, where is Thumbkin? There she is! :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Matthew has some serious baggage under those eyeballs of his. I agree with Shra’s assessment, Hayden does have a good set of choppers!

BG, perhaps you could keep the doughnut shoppe part for a nuclear waste/doughnut combo. You know, something like,
BG’s Doughnut Shoppe and Nuclear Waste Repository!

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

Heh, I guess the Doctor is out. So am I – headed back to my cave with a brief layover in Dubai to catch up on the OEBN.

You really do need to get Ye Ole’ Shoppe opened up BG, so all of us Expats have somewhere to hang out when we visit DC. I can see it now, some place where Monty Python would feel right at home….

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Unca, I guess after all this time I am happy that I can still keep ya guessing.

“Ebert and Roeper give it two Panettiere’s up! Join the Oddly Enough blog network.”

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I have been (and am) very busy on a confidential mission related to the zombie apocalypse.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I know about that mission. It’s funded by the University of Wisconsin Alumni Association…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Hayden’s looks just like she did after getting tackled in the first episode of “Heroes”! And here I thought that was just CGI…

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Don’t forget to keep your salt at hand Doc.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I’ve been sitting here alternately chuckling at the comments and trying to see if my neck would stretch like that. It doesn’t, but it does feel good now!

Hey, does anyone remember Max Headroom? She could be his long lost sister Hayden Headroom!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

It’s a lot more fun, Crowie, to lasso them and watch them go to pieces!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Doc… be careful with those young ‘uns…

We don’t need no stinking Badgers.

Posted by KWest | Report as abusive

Ben Afleck – how can a guy whose last name sounds like a sneeze, have ever made so much money with his lame acting?
Maybe he’s in league with the zombie slugs? Or the University of Wisconsin Alumni Association?
Hey! Aren’t those two things essentially the same?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I know that I will miss her.
A zombie/badger ate my sister.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Could be Your Highness… would you want us to get hold of Miss. Spin and ask her about it? She would be more forthcoming with info….

Zombie slug apocalypse, taking over the world one inch at a time.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I must be the only person from WI here…it makes me cry a little inside when you’re all so mean to us. Badgers are cute and cuddly and sometimes useful when you need a large hole dug in your yard.

EAT CHEESE OR DIE! (this is our official state motto)

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Oh yes, and Hayden has a suspicious resemblance to Paris Hilton in that picture…just saying it’s possible that Paris is a body snatching alien.

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

When the zombie apocolypse comes, and it will, most Americans will be shocked when the U.S. Supreme Court holds that zombies are covered by the “Americans with Disabiities Act” and, thus, must be given reasonable accommodations.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

The official state motto of Kansas is “The Paris Hilton State.” (It’s white, flat, and easy to enter.)

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

But Spinny, zombies already qualify for social security! I ride with them in the elevator everyday! It isn’t hard to see the Court finding that having no soul is a disability that affects a “major life activity.”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

@sarabelle: I like WI! From MI, where they once had cute, cuddly wolverines. And now I want a piece of cheese – off to the frig.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Doc the only disability those zombies are gonna have is a round from my M-134 in their head! Ohh yeah let the carnage begin!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Today, I got to watch a zombie get himself arrested and have his zombie butt drug off to zombie jail. One less zombie on the streets.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

To clarify, my zombies are those who are victims of their own brainless stupidity and who want to blame someone else for their injuries/damages. Usually, they prevaricate to accomplish those ends.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Today, the zombie’s lawyer and I are doing everything we can to save his life. I’m not even cautiously optimistic that we’ll succeed. It’s his very, very last chance. Seriously.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

He’s 15 Spin (my son’s age), and if he goes to prison, I’m sure he’ll be a career criminal, with a lifetime of bad decisions. I think he even reads the OE Blog.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive