Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Moody? It’s just a fez she’s going through!

September 19, 2010

BRITAIN-FASHION/

Lamar, I’ve been looking at our creations for the fashion show, and I know what’s missing.

What’s that, Boss?

fashion fez vertical white 200Hats. I think each model should wear a colored hat. Maybe like a fez.

Fez? The candy you carry in that little dispenser?

No, you dimwit, that’s Pez! I said a fez, like they wear in the Middle East. Everybody is talking about that area these days, Lamar…

Yeah, but not in a good way, Boss. Where we gonna get a dozen fez hats in two minutes?

Do I have to do everything, Lamar?

Go to the bar in the VIP lounge! They have lots of colorful ice buckets beside the liquor bottles. Steal those, and put one on each girl’s head. Hurry! The show is about to start!

fashion fez 180I gotta hand it to you, Boss! That was a brilliant idea. The girls look great!

Great? Lamar, their teeth are chattering, they’re shivering and water is rolling down the front of our expensive creations!

Oh. Boss, did you want me to empty the ice buckets first?

Models present creations from the PPQ 2011 spring/summer collection during London Fashion Week, September 17, 2010. REUTERS photos by Paul Hackett

Comments

I would have a moody look, too, if I were made to wear a stupid hat like that!

Posted by vwgal | Report as abusive

If only the fez dispensed pez… now that’d be a good reason for struttin’ ’round catwalk.

Posted by drgnbait | Report as abusive

When I first went to London, and was on my first ever double-decker bus, some guy in a uniform came through saying ‘Fez please, fez please’.
OK, so it took me a minute or two to work out that his job was to collect fares, and was not in fact ordering everyone on the bus to start wearing a silly little hat.
Hey, it’s England right. You never know with those eccentric Brits. After all, how do you explain Marmite? It’s got to be a joke, yes?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Nosmo… the thing with Marmite is that you CANT explain it… especially those who actually like that stuff…
I wonder about them really….

Quite like the black one though…. would have loved a red one!

The black and gold fez looks suspciously like a garbage can that went missing from my house.

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

The white one looks like an empty ice cream carton.

@E: Maybe she walked by, tripped and fell into your garbage can and her head got stuck! You have better taste in garbage cans than she does in hats!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Maybe that’s where they hide more beers? :P

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

And the one in Pink, is not very happy about her fez.. umm… I mean garbage can.. umm.. no.. I meant, ice bucket..

Beer flavored caramel filled Rolos! :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Mr. Pilot, do you think these folks are looking for someone to grind their organ for them? And would you volunteer for the role?
I had a joke about monkey business and working for peanuts, but I can’t remember it now.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Okay Nosmo, Mr. Spam Filter says he’s going to give you a pass on “grind their organ” because he’s never had problems with you in the past. But consider this fair warning….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Forget the hats! What is with the hair? Someone stuck her hand in an electric socket.

Posted by Bart2006 | Report as abusive

Spin, I don’t know more about anything than I’m letting on. Hell, I usually know less….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

In the end, Secret Squirrel decided it was time to “upgrade” his assistant…

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

I had to de-lurk to mention the blue pants on the top picture. Are they padded? As for the hair, it looks like it is attached to the bucket. Makes one wonder if wer missing outn on a promising business opportunity…

Posted by I_dont_know_1 | Report as abusive

That’s assuming you know anything at all, Baz.

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Nosmo, to answer your question in a manner of which the Great Spam Basket Filter can’t object to I shall simply say no. If they were VS models however then stick a fez on me and call me Bobo! :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@Bart: I was thinking the same thing. That’s the “before” hair in the Garnier commercials. They need some ‘Roo in their ‘dos, or perhaps these could be called don’ts.

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive

I, too, am with Bart. That’s not a good look for hair. And having mine regularly styled with cement, straw and dust, I know of what I speak.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Also, genius headline Mr B. :)

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

The one with the red fez reminds me of Morocco Mole.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Thanks, CrowGirl.
Doc, good to hear from you, as always…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Maybe the one in pink wants to take revenge on whoever “styled” her hair…

And I Don’t Know definitely has a point about those blue pants. What IS going on there?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

@CrowGirl – I think the problem with the blue pants is actually that the model has no waist or stomach. If they were on a normally-sized human being, they would possibly be OK.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive