Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Go buy me a gunny, honey!

September 20, 2010

Okay Lamar, it’s your chance to shine. I put you in charge of our new spring line of purses, so what have you got? We want very classy, very upscale!

FASHION-NEWYORK/We want to go toe-to-toe with the legendary $9,000 Birkin Bag! Maybe give that fancy Kate Spade a run for her money, too. So show me the goods, Lamar!

We’re going very utilitarian, Boss, because these days, women want to carry as much crap as they can in their purses.

Hmmm. What material are we talking about here? Suede? Alligator? Ostrich?

Burlap, Boss. Burlap is the new alligator!

This girl here in the blue blouse is carrying what we call “The Poacher’s Friend.” It holds two live bobcats comfortably, and fits right on her shoulder.

Live bobcats? I don’t know, Lamar. What else do you have?

Lots of styles, Boss. We got “The Gunny Sack,” “The Looter,” “The Freshman’s Dirty Laundry…”

FASHION-NEWYORK/I see. And what is this woman in the green blouse carrying, Lamar? The really huge purse?

You’ve got a great eye for quality, Boss! It’s the top of our line, an exact copy of the one the professionals used for Jimmy Hoffa’s body.

Very impressive! Does it have a name, Lamar?

You bet, Boss! We call this one “The Shallow Unmarked Grave.” You think your Missus would like one?

Get a clue. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Models present creations at the Michael Kors Spring 2011 collection during New York Fashion Week, September 15, 2010. REUTERS photos by Brendan McDermid

Comments

I would like to think I could fit into that gunny… but then the models wont be able to carry it….

Shra, you want to be in there with two live bobcats? Have you thought this through?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

The model in the blue shirt, I think the bobcats bit off her thumb. And why is she wearing Aqua-man’s shorts?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Aye, she’d have to buy four pairs of shoes to fit them. That could get expensive.

==Bob D.

Posted by REDruin | Report as abusive

I can help you with the bags. You take the burlap, I’ll take the one in the green hat. :)

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

Nice spotting Mr. Pilot.
Although it could be that she has webbed hands and that the thumb is tucked away to disguise this fact.
It would also explain the ‘Aquaman’ shorts and hat.
I wonder, can you get one of these bags with the word ‘swag’ printed on it in really large letters, along with matching mask with eyeholes, and a black & white stripy shirt?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@69 … good questions. Do you work at TMZ?

Maybe the bag has the rest of the Aquaman outfit in it? You know, swim fins and such. Plus dead fish for bait. :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Silly Mr.B! No, I am not sharing any space with les bobcats..
they hafta be out… after all wild animals must have their space….

Spin I too like your queries.

Shra, I’ll let the Bobcats loose in my back yard with the wild ones, they can mate and be happy there. Maybe even scare off some more coyotes with any luck.

Posted by PetPunkRock | Report as abusive

“The gypsies are coming, the old people say,
To buy little children and take them away” – Shel Silverstein

I’d say those bags could hold 2 or 3 first graders….

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

Geez, now I want a hamburger.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Those are actually portable ottomans. You can’t see the legs cuz they’re toward the models. That’s the only logical explanation for the furniture fabric.

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive

@Spin, you’ve looked at these 2 pics carefully. Don’t you think both bags are the SAME size? It’s just that the second model has REALLY long arms. (Yes, fellow bloggers–my life is that empty.)

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Who’s Aquaman?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Spin, since you mention it..both. Double word score for “emaciated” also! :)

ladylala, all of our lives are empty, that’s why we are here. The sweet sweet medidonuts fill the void.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Mmm, make mine a double cheeseburger with bacon please.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Crowgirl, Aqua-man is the humanoid, super hero version of Spongebob Squarepants. They both have the same abilities.

@Spin, with bacon! :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oh, is someone taking orders for burgers? I would like a Mayo Chicken with extra salad and fries please… and ketchup on the side.. Thank you.. :)

I agree with Spin, this photo raises more questions than answers.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Cool… do you accept pounds? And who’s driving me through?

I guess nobody ever told the designer that blue and green should never be seen without a colour in between.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Wowie!! Woohoo for Mr.Pilot! :P
Spin, exchange rates should be a banned topic of discussion…