Is it me, or does it look better on HER?

September 21, 2010

fashion madrid combo 490

What’s wrong, Boss? Why are you crying?

pinky lee 160Lonnie, our clothing label is ruined. This is the end…. It’s all my fault. I sank everything into buying millions of yards of plaid automobile seat cover fabric for the 1960 Chevy Impala.

Boss, don’t torture yourself. That was 50 years ago!

No, actually it was last week. I thought the ’60 Impala would make a comeback, and now we’re stuck with this crap.

Okay Boss, so we don’t use it for seat covers. We’ll make men’s suits from it! See, you think this will catch on?

Only if Pinky Lee comes back along with the Impala. Let’s face it, this fabric is grotesque.

plaid 240Look, if we can’t use it for car seats or for men’s suits, there’s only one other thing to try.

I’m desperate, Lonnie! Put this outfit on one of the girls.

Sure thing. What kind of blouse do you want her to wear with it, Boss?

Boss?

Boss?

Top: Models wear creations by designer Antonio Alvarado at Cibeles Madrid Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2011 show in Madrid September 18, 2010. REUTERS/Juan Medina

Right: Pinky Lee

Any idea why the woman is wearing part of a climbing harness around her neck?
Or did they just forget to take her off her lead before shoving her out on the catwalk?
When I was in London, I went to a gentlemen’s club – no not THAT kind, an actual club for gentlemen, and they had wallpaper that looked just like these outfits.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

She’s.. NOT wearing a blouse, is she?

Looks like the climbing equipment is being utilized in lieu of a belt. She already lost the shirt, we would not want her to lose the pants too.

Posted by I_dont_know_1 | Report as abusive

Of all the car shows and auto auctions I have been to/seen I do not recall any vehicle, much less a ’60 Impala, sporting designs from the Ikea collection. Unless it was part of the Eddie Bauer limited edition model where Eddie was smoking some serious crack.

Shra, you have never done some blouse-less spelunking before?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@Nosmo, what’s around her neck is a jumper cable. But why, I don’t know…

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Silly people! I can see clearly that she’s wearing jewelry from the new “Heroin” collection. See…that’s the rubber tubing for tying off her arm…and there’s the metal spoons for free-basing! It’s a classic junkie toolkit all rolled into a portable and stylish necklace! Sheesh.

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

It does indeed look better on her, but that is one scrawny chick. She needs a few donuts to help her physique.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

@Spinster – As for the White Bars, the way some of these models look, I’m not sure they would be needed. Gotta say. Brooklyn’s cool, but I was a Queens guy growing up (LONG AGO) Live in South East Nassau now.

@ifly – Got some fresh blueberry medidonuts. I’ll send one over.

Posted by inebgreen | Report as abusive

Is Pinky Lee somehow related to Pee Wee Herman? The similarity is striking.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

@Dave_not_dave – I think she needs more than a few donuts. Maybe a couple of Luther Burgers would do the trick, with the chocolate wrapped bacon of course.

@ladylala – Oh, I see. So someone probably said ‘wear a cable-knit jumper’ and things just got confused after that.
Or is the whole thing an advertising gimmick for the new Steve Martin movie ‘Zombie Models Do Wear Plaid’?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Yeah Cam, I thought about using Pee Wee, but Pinky Lee’s were just so much worse….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

My questions is why is her face so shiny? … What didn’t you notice you can see her face?

Posted by ijnewtonmm | Report as abusive

@inebgreen, blueberry, my favorite..you are the best! :D

@Dave, she has the requesite handful which is a good start. I agree with Nosmo that she could afford a couple of burgers on top of the donuts to help beef up a bit.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@spin – I’ll send some your way too. Enough to share with everyone. I know Franklin Square well, that’s where my better half grew up (Harry Carey High School?)
Now I’m in North Seaford, a bit east of Franklin Square. Busy night with a volunteer Ambulance Corps. Here comes another call . . .

Posted by inebgreen | Report as abusive

any less fat and she’d become a skeleton

Posted by SkimpyDog | Report as abusive

We are having a charity bakeoff this Friday… gonna make Chocolate sponge cake.. guess I should put in some medis for the work folk and maybe post some of it to those models?
And no one talking about the guy model?? He doesnt look that bad you know… remove the plaid suit and I would soo like to dress him up! :)
Mr.Pilot, the answer to your question is no.. not that brave ya see.. ;)
Grr

Newton (!), your observation is stupendous… lets start discussing why her face is shiny?
Is she wearing a translucent shiny plastic covering just her forehead and cheeks?

“Mad About Plaid?” Join the Oddly Enough blog network.

@Nosmo: Maybe the clothing is made out of wallpaper! I hope it was easier to look at on the walls than on the models. The guy’s outfit is almost too hard to look at – without laughing!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@Spin, Victoria Secrets has a school here on Long Island? How have I missed that all these years??

@inebgreen, what exit off the L.I.E. are you? I am 65.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Judging by her noticeable ribs and sunken cheeks, I would say that JustK has the right idea.

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive

Spin, doing it for a Cancer Research/Support centre here… and must say, folks at work are quite enthusiastic.. :)

How am I supposed to raise those eyebrows otherwise, Spin?
No one is gonna want to look at me at all!!!

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler and Oddly Enough, eBusiness BPO Inc.. eBusiness BPO Inc. said: Is it me, or does it look better on HER? http://bit.ly/a7NyMr [...]

Will he or will he not, take the bait?
Watch out for that in the next episode of the OSU’s adventures!

According to Mr. Spam Filter, you guys can continue this on Facebook.

I pointed out that Mr. S.F. probably shouldn’t have approved Shra’s comments, either, and he threw me out of his office.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive