Our Father who…clomp clomp…art in heaven…clomp…

September 21, 2010

pauls shoes combo 490

Blog Guy, I know a lot of big fashion shows are coming up, and you need to pay more attention to shoes! What about London Fashion week, which is going on right now?

BRITAIN/You’re right, I’ve neglected shoes, but I’ll change. Here are some radical, cutting edge shoes for women bold enough to wear them. Why, in my opinion… What? Uh-oh!

I’m sorry, I’ve just been informed that the shoes you see here weren’t being worn at Fashion Week, after all.

Oh? And where the hell WERE they worn, then? A FUNERAL?

Yes. Well, a memorial service in London.

Yikes, Blog Guy. I guess I get your point, that these shoes have no place at a funeral or memorial service.

I’m sure you wouldn’t want us readers to wear anything like this to YOUR funeral! Am I right?

MY funeral? Hmmm. Actually, the ones on the upper left I could live with, so to speak…

Top: guests arrive at the memorial service for designer Alexander McQueen at St. Paul’s Cathedral, in London, September 20, 2010.

Left: Actress Sarah Jessica Parker arrives at the memorial service.

REUTERS photos by Paul Hackett

You see Mr.B… I could only stand in those shoes… not walk…

“Actress Sarah Jessica Parker arrives at the memorial service.”…. hmm… I would have thought she was better suited for a fashion show.. was the memorial a fashion show?

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler, Oddly Enough and Urban Luxury , eBusiness BPO Inc.. eBusiness BPO Inc. said: Our Father who…clomp clomp…art in heaven…clomp… http://bit.ly/brv0il [...]

I suppose its a befittingly incorporated, effort by our Fashionably inclined people in proving till death and beyond.

Its more human, since the person laid to rest or remembered is another great Life lost.

But reminds his fashion legacy in form of the mourners and their Attire.

Wreaths versus the Shoes.

Posted by Ismailtaimur | Report as abusive

Easy Shra, I know your heart is a-pumping with this one.

Don’t worry BG, I’ll wear my worn out combat boots to your memorial service – provided I get an invitation. Saaaay! Who is going to write this blog when you are gone? Are you training Lamar properly?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Of course you’ll be invited, Dave.

Nice of you to ask about the line of succession. The blog is mostly written by a drunk chimp on an old 286 computer with a random word generating program, so I don’t foresee any problem with keeping it going.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Hey Ismailtaimur.. arent you the one from that otyher blog where guys were topless and they were “creations”… i may have mistaken you if you were not…!

And manatees in a giant tank use idea balls to provide the chimp with topics for the blog.

You like the shoes in the upper left Mr. B.? Do you also like your women without feet cause she is gonna end up losing hers from loss of circulation. Look how deep those straps are cutting into her skin for cheese sake!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ifly, are you looking at the left, or right?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

The ones on the top right bring only one thing to mind…and I’m not sure why. Skeletor.

Don’t ask me.

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

So, what is the appropriate shoewear for dancing on someone’s grave? I really want to make sure the drunk chimp has the right shoes on, should the worst happen, Mr. B :o)

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

You dont expect me to wear either of the initial 2 pics, do you Spin?
I could wear what SJP is wearing.. only in red.. ;)

Mr.Pilot, I am glad you agree with me on those 2 pairs.. :)

@Spin – Had to think about it… No. Does Shra own anything other than stilettos?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Stage left Mr. B.

justK, you think Skeletor likes to play dress up on weekends in good ‘ol castle Grey Skull?

Shra, I agreed with you about what?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Who died? Gene Simmons? ;-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

OMG, Skeletor’s a transvestite?!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

@Spin, not for anything I hope it is not your funeral that brings Shra and I together. That’s just downright morbid. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

If my plane is going to cross it, it had better be a pretty small pond…

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 10/05/11/flying-high-with-my-secret-care er/

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Are you certain the shoes on the right aren’t made out of recycyled telephone cords? Clomp, clomp, can you hear me now?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Mr. B. not if I have it piggy-backed on a 747 like NASA does with the space shuttle. I am sure British Airways wouldn’t mind sharing one of their jets.

@Spin, I was gonna make a comment about Shra wearing red stilettos but I promised the Great Spam Basket Filter I would behave myself.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

The Basler 69 – the only aircraft powered solely by Red Bull.
Or possibly some other kind of bull – I couldn’t read the super fine print of the brochure very well.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Spin.. come on! I have grand plans for an OE blog party, where EVERYONE is alive.. and also provided BG helps sponsor it.. :)
Dave, I do own other shoes that are not stilletos.. :)
Mr.Pilot, remember, this is a family blog! and I was talking about the first 2 pairs of shoes (if you can call them that) ;)

@Shra, yes the Great Spam Basket Filter reminds me of the family blog status quite frequently. :p That’s why I refrained from making the comment. Can’t be stopped from thinking about it though. ;)

@Nosmo, if you consider that the hamsters used to turn the propellers on the early model BT-69s were given Red Bull then yes, the BT-69 was indeed powered by the stuff. The super fine print on the brochure reads “So long suckers!”

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Crowgirl’s bosses mum takes funeral services sometimes and she has to wear her flat funeral shoes if she’s doing the grave side bit as she’s afraid of falling in. Apparently it’s not very dignified. She also wears her thermals under her cassock in winter though, she’s a very practical lady.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

You know what help means in this context.. help monetarily… I’ll arrange the rest.. :D

@JustK: Those shoes remind me of “The Matrix”.

As for SJP, what’s w/the huge extension atop the bun? Is she covering a conehead?

Posted by MamaC326 | Report as abusive

How on earth can they walk? :O

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

They can coz they are aliens hiding in a human’s body…

And a lot about quite a few other people, Spin.. ;)

Ah well, lets say she is an alien with a conscience and an urge to correct the human’s mindsets… so, sometimes she takes her true form…
Humans think aliens are creative…

Thanks, Spin.. I am sure Lada/Lady Gaga would appreciate an alien’s opinion of her..