Together again for the first time?

September 29, 2010

cruise diaz japan 490

Blog Guy, I’m confused. A couple of  months ago you did an item sort of poking fun at all the free publicity Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz were getting just by going from city to city promoting the premiere of some new movie.

JAPAN/Yes, I remember. We covered them at premieres in at least six cities, way back in July. Why do you mention it now?

Well, you’re not going to believe this, but just yesterday I saw NEW shots of them, pushing the SAME movie, and they are still calling it a premiere!

I guess that makes sense. They’re in Japan now.  It takes a long time to get there. You think you can just jump on a nonstop jet or something?

Wait a minute, Blog Guy. So every fricking place in the world where Cruise and Diaz stop by for a first showing, it’s still newsworthy? Like Iceland and North Korea and Wyoming?

Hey, that’s showbiz, pal.

So humor me. If like eight years from now, this movie is showing for the first time on The Weather Channel or something, and my wife and I are going to watch it in our own bedroom at home, there could be a knock on the door and…

You got it. “Look, Honey! It’s Tom and Cameron and a photographer, just in time for their movie! Get some folding chairs! Hey, look! They brought Kettle Corn and Milk Duds!”

Actors Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz during an event for the Japan premiere of their recent film, in Tokyo, September 28, 2010.

REUTERS photos by Yuriko Nakao

Dave’s butt is on the bench.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Whoah Cameron Diaz’s leg is so very very shiny! I think she must have left a coating of wax on it last time she went to the salon.

And hey they are doing the hokey pokey down the stairs! Oh those two, so full of wacky shennanigans. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I dont care, I get to see shoes… I am happy.. despite having a freaking headache…

Is her shoe untied? It looks dangerous.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

But look how craftily they orchestrated the staircase descent: Cam is one step below, thus minimizing (maximizing?) Tom’s shortness.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Couldn’t she justhave carried him, sort of like a ventriloquist kind of deal?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

The picture makes more sense if you imagine they are walking up the stairs backwards.

Posted by drgnbait | Report as abusive

It looks as though Cam’s artificial leg is tethered to the stairs to stop her running away from Tom.

Another random thought: Is Tom Cruise related to Khagendra Thapa, or were they just on the same Basler Air flight one day?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Are the aliens from Scientology controlling Tom’s leg in the second photo? There is something out of the ordinary going on. Maybe he’s actually ascending an invisible stairway to a higher plane?

Posted by vudublu | Report as abusive

@Spin, we at Basler Air don’t really fly actors around anywhere. What we do is like they do in the movies, we have a smoke machine and fans to make it look like the plane is moving. The actors don’t know the difference because it’s what they are used to in the movies! Their “destination” is really just a studio set-up created by the local pre-schoolers during their arts and crafts time.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Uh, that’s not supposed to be generally known, ifly….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

The movie they are promoting is so bad, that by the time they reached the bottom of the stairs it was no longer being shown at that theatre.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Shhhh nobody is gonna tell right? Everybody promise? Anyone who can keep the secrect gets a free non-stop flight around the world in our slow, yet somewhat modern, (props to Spin :)) Basler BT-69! That’s right, around the world non-stop! Unfortunatly the forecast is supposed to be cloudy. For the entire flight. Oh and don’t look out the window.

@Nosmo, ha ha you should be a movie critic! :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

We have no one to tell, Mr.Pilot… the only people ever to know about the BT-69 is us… and we are all in a lockdown facility… that’s our minds!

Still have to have my cuppa… b back later!

@Ifly: LOL I spotted the same thing, too shiny legs. :D

They both look creepy :-|

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

She’s definitely wearing tights… Mr.B, can I get a closer shot of those shoes please?
I want to see how streamers fit into the entire shoe thing…

I’ll never think of Milk Duds without remembering Garfield.

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Ifly – umm, just checking that you didn’t get your licence with Basler Air, ’cause you seem too know just a little too much about how they operate. You realise that if you did, it won’t actually help fly a REAL airplane, right?
Mind you, there are some real-life airlines where that doesn’t matter, so I guess you’re OK either way.
In the meantime, can someone pass the doughnuts?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Maybe they opted to have their photo taken with a snake, and are trying not to step on it. Or get bitten by it.

Shiny legs, frozen smiles, legs flying off the stairs: they are the inflatable people!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@fwd079.. yeah dude I am all for smooth shiny legs but her leg there just seems a bit too shiny. Maybe she is a terminator sent from the future to stop Tom Cruise from acting in “War of the Worlds” and her creators couldn’t get the skin tone right. :p

@Nosmo, I did not get my pilot certificate from Basler Air but I did get Mr. B. to appoint me official pilot of the BT-69 in exchange for rights to the marketing tag “BasAir: We know you want to get the hell off our planes as fast as you can!”

Oh and I have requesitioned for all flights to serve vodka creme filled medidoughnuts!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Arent you the best, Mr.Pilot! ;)

Just trying to keep the customers happy Shra!

“BasAir; peanuts just don’t take the edge off as well.”

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive