Try to remember the best of September…

October 1, 2010

CHINA/

If this blog didn’t scare you to death in September, nothing ever will.

OBAMA/Bad jobs, ugly shoes, zombie nuns and more signs the Apocalypse is just around the corner.

But worst of all was the news that to get to the cataclysm, we may have to fly practically standing upright.

Readers rushed here to read in horror about the new Viking Slave Class of travel, making it September’s top item.

Who knew eternal damnation could be so bad?

Here they are, your 10 favorite Oddly Enough Blog items for the month.

september travel 22010. It’s a regular Hu’s Who, Blog Guy!

9. Is it me, or does it look better on her?

8. Can a pilot get some RESPECT?

7. Zombie nun scares poor little doggie!

6. Grads, harness your naked ambition!

5. World’s ugliest shoes? Quite a feet!

4. Imagine there’s no toilet, it’s easy if you try…

3. A cosmetic solution to our differences?

2. Snug as a flub in a rug?

And the number one item…

1. Welcome to our new Viking Slave Class!

Gee BG, seems like a lot of effort for the month to just have a top 10 at the end.

How about a bottom 10 as well?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

And 3 more months until the new year… I say people, time flies…

That’s a great idea, Dave. At the end of the year I do a lot of lists, and maybe I’ll include the 10 LEAST popular posts of the entire year.

I’m sure they’ll be much more popular the second time around. If these items didn’t work once, they’re REALLY suck the second time.

Naturally, I’ll give you full credit for the idea.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@Dave – I think that’s the same list

@Shra- time flies like an arrow, and fruit flies like a banana?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Earlier this year a smart entrepreneur in Louisville Kentucky created a Kentucky Derby Loser’s cup that listed all the last place horses from previous Derby’s. It was a hit!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

It’s a paradox Mr. B., they would be popular because of their suckitude. I think that’s what a paradox is, I dunno. Maybe it’s irony. I will go ask Alanis Morrisette. She is an expert in such matters.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Paradox?
I used to have a paradox, but then I lost one.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I dont know anything about no banana… You know, since Emma Thompson started attacking sloppy speech, I cant help but talk sloppily… is that a paradox? Or an irony? Or a blasphemy? Or a littany?

Medidonuts anyone?

How about a Top Ten for the most comments on a blog entry? Although I think that the Top Ten blog would still be at the top of the Top Ten…

Mmmm – pretty sprinkles!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Absolutely, Spin. With all due respect to the loyal commenters, a typical blog post gets thousands, sometimes tens of thousands of page views, and only a few dozen comments.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Sweet! My very own blog entry. Uh, wait a sec, do I have to work with Lamar?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

I’m not sure what Lamar does actually constitutes work, Dave.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Oooooooh I see, Mr B.
It’s more about how interesting you make the blog title, than the actual content.
If, for example, you came up with ‘Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton Make-Out In The Nude At Oktoberfest’ you would expect to attract far more views than, say ‘Not very Well Known Austrian Politician In Botched Photo’.

So, ultimately you need a title that contains as of the following references as possible:
- Travel
- High heeled shoes/boots
- Chcocolate
- Bacon
- Well-known people doing silly things
- Beer or other alcoholic beverages
- Boobies
- Zombies
- People with lame jobs/being demeaned in an amusing way
Preferrably all wrapped up in a snappy title that alludes to a famous movie, song, book, quote, line of poetry, or some recent event.
And you have to perform this minor miracle twice a day.
Your true genius, Sir, is yet to be fully appreciated.
I for one, doff my non-existent hat, to you.

Wait … did I just learn something?
Break out the taser, stat!

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@BG … Does Mr. Spam Filter has something to do with the low number of comments? ;-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

@Nosmo … Brilliant!! The secret sauce revealed!

A tip o’ the doughnut to you, Blog Guy!!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Damn! I bet he does! He’s probably like one of those mailmen who they finally arrest and find 400,000 undelivered sears catalogs in their basement at home.

And don’t even get me started on Lamar.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Ifly, don’t get me started on ranting about Alanis and her stupid song, please. I’ve used up so much anger this week already!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Awwww, c’mon CG. Did you find the 10,000 spoons, when all you needed was a knife?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Nosmo, you got serious trouble at work dont you?
BG, I would be very careful if I was you…

CG, a glass of elderflower wine should help you calm down… :)

Dave, I’ve ALWAYS got a knife…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

@Shra – I think the karma train is about to pull into the station, work wise. Not serious as in ‘looking for a new job’ serious, more ‘the joke is really on you, but you don’t know it yet’, or ‘boy have we got something GREAT for you to do’.

@CrowGirl – to which Alanis song do you refer? I find them all rather tedious and wouldn’t trust myself to have a sharp knife around, lest an awful accident were to occur.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Nosmo – her woeful lack of understanding of the meaning of the word ironic. A mouldy grape falling from the sky into your glass of Botrytis Semillon is ironic, a black fly in your chardonnay is just a fishing out and flicking away annoyance.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Exactly, Crow. You may enjoy this recent item in my OTHER Reuters blog, dealing with reader comment and criticism.

http://blogs.reuters.com/gbu/2010/09/23/ wheres-the-irony/

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I’m working on the lyrics to a new song maybe Alanis would like to sing: “Isn’t it . . . a high colonic?”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

@Nosmo, all Mr. B. would need to generate page views in the millions would be to have a blog titled “Boobs, Bacon,and Beer”. Otherwise known as the Trifecta of the Holiest “B”s.

Of course the actual content of the blog would be about the growing concern of fermented barley finding it’s way into the feeding troughs of pig stock causing harmful side effects to suckling young. Who cares if it’s accurate…hell who cares if it’s even true, the suckers have already been hooked in!

@Unca, is “Never bring a knife to a bunker buster fight” the new standard?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Back up. Let’s GET the daily page views up into the millions, and then see what we can come up with….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Do page views differentiate between repeat visitors and one timers?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

ifly, no, page views are page views.

we do also monitor unique visits, which tell us how many DIFFERENT people are coming to a blog. I believe there are nearly six coming to mine.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Hmmm… so the four times I have clicked on this blog already count? A million page views here we come!!

Hey listen, it’s a very slow day at work ok?

And six huh? Man your popularity is soaring these days isn’t it? Don’t let it go to your head!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Poor ostriches…

I’m sorry, Spin, that was a typo. I meant we monitor EUNUCH visits…. There are more than you would think.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

So Mr. B if the eunuchs have multiple personalities, does that count as one page view in total, or do you get credit for one page view per personality?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

You are a hard working man, Mr.B… I would tell your bosses to go suck their thumbs…