Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Well-dressed puppets, no strings attached

October 5, 2010

fashion puppet two combo 490

Blog Guy, you’ve helped a lot of people with unusual fashion needs. Firing squad victimssatyrs, gladiators’ wives, Smurfs I’m a puppet, see, and it’s hard for us to find nice clothes. Can you help?

Yeah, I guess I can pull some strings…

SPAIN-FASHION

You’re an idiot, Blog Guy. The things with the strings are marionettes. Puppets are the OTHER thing.

Oh, sorry. I’ll try to lend a hand…

Hand? I get it. You think that’s funny, with what we go through?

No, it must be like a daily visit to the proctologist. Look, you’re in luck. As you can see here, several recent fashion shows offer chic attire for puppets AND marionettes.

It’s none of my business, but why don’t you break free and write an exposé of the whole sordid puppet life.

Could I do that? What would I call the book?

“A Farewell to Arms.”

Wow! Could I go on a book tour?

Of course. Audiences would love you. “Ladies and gentlemen, let’s give her a big hand!”

Expect less. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Top: A model presents a creation by British designer John Galliano as part of his Spring/Summer 2011 women’s collection during Paris Fashion Week October 3, 2010. REUTERS/Pascal Rossignol

Left: A model wears a creation by designer Agatha Ruiz de la Prada at the Cibeles Madrid Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2011 show in Madrid September 19, 2010. REUTERS/Susana Vera

Comments

Things just get weirder and weirder around here, dont they?

These styles will fit spectacularly injured people from out of war.Appropriate for a Medal ceremony.

Posted by Ismailtaimur | Report as abusive

Funny stuff, BG! The blog is a hoot with or without the photos.

Pippi Longstocking is not the look I was hoping to see in the stores. Guess I will stick with my jeans.

And I like hearts, too. I do so hope the second photo is not supposed to be a heart as it is a tad disturbing. Maybe she is promoting ketchup bottles!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Have a heart Mr. B. – that second model looks armless enough.

Oh, and yay for the return of Pippie Longstocking!

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Shra, weird doesn’t even begin to describe what goes on here on the OEBN.

New Tagline: Get tasered, join the Oddly Enough blog network.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Uh, right Dave. Weird, and yet wholesome. Something the whole family can enjoy. A blog with values.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I dont think I would want children below 10 to comment on the blog… heck, even 10 is too young… I think we should have an age limit…
I dont want to tase children..

Yeah. Wholesome. But only because of those annoying white (or whatever color you are in the mood to use) bars that pop up all over the place.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

@Onedoor, whether it be a heart or a ketchup bottle you can give her a big squeeze either way! :p

And that’s Pippi Longstocking gone goth. Still..I don’t think I would say no……

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Pippi appears to be flossing her brain through her ears while she wonders “Did I remember to draw bangs on the left side of my forehead?”

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Ah, so now the cat is out of the bag, or as we say around here, the accordian is in the hands of the four-year old who has had far too much sugar.
I now know why my boss and colleagues have been grinning at me.
Last month, the boss wants to know if I would do a presentation at a High Tech Crime conference.
‘Maybe’, I said, ‘Where is it?’
‘Finland’, he said, mumbling.
‘OK’, I said, thinking that I might be able to visit relatives in Denmark, either before or after.
So my tickets and hotel bookings have just come to me this morning.
The conference is in New Foundland, not Finland.
My colleagues and boss know that the one and only time I have been there was characterised by me getting very sick from eating poorly prepared chicken.
Disparaging comments a-plenty were made by me about the place.
I still can’t get past the fact that my boss, who has the IQ of a stapler, managed to set me up so well, and only by mumbling a little.
Actually I really don’t mind going, but am pretending I do, as my colleagues probably deserve to have a little fun at my expense.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Nosmo, a Swingline stapler? Cause those don’t bind as much and if they steal mine one more time I am going to set fire to the building.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Well done, ifly! Very appropriate movie reference…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I share your pain, Nosmo.. my work mates came to know of my musophobia and have been at me almost mercilessly…
I have been almost driven to call one of them Frodo coz of it…
Now, its not really a phobia, its just that I dont like the critters…
So, they think I am petrified.. and I think I will let them believe it..

Mr.Pilot.. you can have mine, any time you want.. :D

Ahhhh, Office Space. One of my favorite movies.

Hey Nosmo, what’s happening? Yeaaaah, we’re going to need you to take these tickets to *mumble, mumble* and have a good time doing it.

Classic. Here, have a medi-donut instead. Speaking of donuts…. Tim Horton’s is out again. Seems the donut resupply truck is stopped in Pakistan. BG, since you are an expert on travel, fashion, job advice, and international relations, isn’t there anything you can do for us? This could be serious.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Let’s face it, we’ve all put strychnine in the guacamole, right?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

The first one looks like a cross between Pippi Longstocking and LeeLoo Dallas Multipass.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Thanks, Dave. When I saw those trucks on fire in Pakistan, I thought the worst, that the bad guys had figured out that torching the donuts and coffee would have a far bigger impact than doing the same to fuel trucks.
I’m not sure how much longer I can keep the acting going.

@Ifly – here in the Underworld, we have only cheap, imitation Rapid staplers, that jam every time you try to use them, because, well, this is Hell after all.

@Shra – we share a phobia in common. Stinking vermin with their whiskers, freakish tails and awful beady eyes. The rats and mice aren’t too nice either.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Nosmo, but you get Kate Beckinsale and that can’t be all that bad. Even if she is a vampire.

@Shra, the movies you asked me about.. I suggest you view Office Space first. :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Something in that second outfit is missing….hmm…..oh wait! I have it!

:::pulls out a bow and arrow:::: This should do the trick… ::THWANG:: Oh look! I hadn’t even thought about the blood! Much better!

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

Eighties fashion seems to have made a bit of a comeback recently but that’s taking shoulder pads to the next level.

Or maybe it’s raincover for her angel wings. Her halo seems to have dropped a little underneath that hat.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

@AllThatJazz – I sat through that movie with my brother-in-law and at the end he said ‘I don’t get it. Where were the elephants?’.
After a couple of seconds I responded ‘No,no. It’s the Fifth ELEMENT, you dimwit, not ELEPHANT’.

@Ifly – I thought you may like to know that we also get Orlando Bloom, for, well, you already know that.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Nosmo – I think we all have in-laws like that…

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Can I get some dramatic lightning in here? Perhaps a thunderstorm sound effect scheme? Ok now cast me in half shadow… good good. Overhead camera shot.. perfect.
Ah-hem… ok, get on knees, shake fists skyward, angry scowl, look directly into camera….here we go…

I’ll get you OoooorrrrrlllLLLLAAANNNDDOOOOO BLLLLLOOOOOMMMMMM!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Shra, regarding your comment about an age limit. Okay, it’s your call. What age are you willing to tase? Perhaps we should adopt a policy that if you’re old enough to vote, you’re old enough to be tased?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Mr.Pilot, oh come on now, stop hounding that poor guy! Btw, brilliant effort! ;)
BG, yeah, I think that covers it… I am willing to tase any preachers, 18 years and above.,..

Oooohh… I liked the kinky school girl outfit !!
Yeah call me p£%$&^t :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

One of the first things others notice about you is your smile.Many people take years off their smiles by a simple bleaching procedure.
Bleaching can be done on any age, is non-invasive and may brighten a dull smile caused by staining, aging, or chemical damage to teeth. It’s safe, effective and relatively fast.
In about an hour and a half your teeth will be much whiter. teeth whitening Austin
Cosmetic Dentistry is the art of bringing you a beautiful, younger, more alluring new smile – a smile that is sure to have a positive impact on your overall health,
appearance and self-confidence! When it comes to creating a healthy and beautiful smile, you deserve the experience and qualifications to assure sound results; Not just beauty alone, but excellent structural quality to provide you dental health and function.
cosmetic dentist Austin

Posted by tuberclon | Report as abusive

Hey, thanks for educating us about Cosmetic Dentistry! Readers come to this blog to learn as much as they can, and you certainly helped out. I’ll bet there’s even a Thanks for the Information prize for you. Shra?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

ooooooooo!!!! I see a tasing volunteer… I think people are just not getting the message, BG… don’t think you can add another note to that “News, just not the serious kind” saying, “No preaching, no teaching, no learning allowed”?

In the meantime, Mr.Cosmetic Surgeon/Dentist Austin, you have to be zapped.. Its a quick procedure.. Not painless though, I am afraid.. :)

Maybe your taser just isn’t painful enough, Shra. How would you feel about using a crossbow?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

My taser is quite alright, BG.. its just that some people have thick skins…

Now how did Mr. Spam Basket Filter let through actual spam?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I quite agree with you on that one, Mr.Pilot.. fair point, me lord…

Fair question, ifly. Mr. Spam Filter thought it would be funny to let one piece of spam through, just to check out the reaction.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I am kinda wondering now if my teeth do need to be whiter.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Brilliant, Spin! How about t-shirts that say, “Zapped by Shra”

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

ooooooo!! I like the sound of that! ;)

I would buy one! :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Just a question, does getting zapped by Shra also make your teeth whiter, thus negating the requirement for Austin’s powers?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

And we could have a party from the profits! ;)

Nosmo, I think that could be achieved… lemme see if I can make some technical modifications to the zapper…

Are you tired of getting zapped AND having to bleach your teeth? What a hassle! Who has that kinda time? Well fret no further friends! Now you can bleach your teeth WHILE getting zapped! With Shra’s new and improved teeth bleaching taser you can remain blessedly ignorant AND get the whitest smile both at the same time! Don’t believe me, well try it out for yourself! Go ahead, educate someone! Don’t be afraid, give it a shot! Go ahead, do it… dooooooooo it.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ok, mods done to the taser..
I tried it on someone at work and it had a 3 way effect

1. He was NOT learning anything for the rest of the day
2. He did have whiter teeth (No, they are NOT glow in the dark kind)
3. He ended up with a dimple… I do so like a guy with dimples.. :D

So, there.. who wants to be zapped next?

Umm… maybe, if it will help me complete my presentation for the big ‘Finland’ gathering AND make my teeth whiter (darn red wine), cause I am way behind schedule.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I’m sure it will go well, Nosmo. You’re planning on a big Finnish?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Depends if you need to be informative or absolutely dumb, Nosmo… like I said, abs no learning with the new improved zapper…

Simple Spin, I didnt.. just tased him… he was none the wiser after that..