Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

We’re going down! Is this blog finished?

October 20, 2010

man men crop this 490

Blog Guy, it’s me, your editor. Did you see that incredible season finale of the hit series Mad Men, with that cliffhanger where Don Draper…

pilot pope 220Stop, Boss! We don’t allow spoilers here.

Oh. Anyway, I was thinking since your last blog of the season is coming up, you could end it with some cliffhangers so people would come back next season.

Gosh Boss, I wasn’t even aware we HAD blog seasons. Sure, there’s plenty of exciting unresolved stuff going on for regular readers.

The new prototype of my plane, the Basler BT-67, is crossing the Atlantic filled with people on their way to overseas jobs they’ve read about here, see. Like Unexploded Explosives Collectors, Fish Sniffers, Boat Trackers, Chest Checkers.

CYCLING/At the controls is Benedict, the Pilot Pope, but they’re about to crash-land on the Island of Stupid-Looking Bullfighters, who have gone into hiding from those vile Wisconsin Badgers.

This all sounds great, Bob, but can you also weave in a story line about your popular Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop, in Washington DC?

You bet! Right now the museum is fighting for its life, since the Russian mob opened a competing Goofy Face Museum across town. It’s filled with hideously contorted, grotesque human faces.

Really? Where would the Russian mob get enough photos like that to compete with you?

Uh, they’re not using photos, Boss.

OIL-RIG/LEAKOuch. Now listen, I want you and Lamar to be in dire jeopardy in the cliffhanger, too.

Sure Boss, I guess we could eat some of the Museum’s doughnuts. Say, when does the new season start?

Tomorrow. Who do you think you work for, AMC?

Top: Cast member Jon Hamm (C) poses with co-stars Christina Hendricks (R) and Elisabeth Moss at the premiere for the fourth season of the television series “Mad Men” at the Mann 6 theater in Hollywood, July 20, 2010. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

Left: Pope Benedict XVI tries a pilot’s hat as he leads an audience for Alitalia employee and traffic flight controllers at the Vatican February 20, 2010. REUTERS/Osservatore Romano

Right: Spain’s David Blanco of team Palmeiras Resort-Prio jokes while celebrating his victory in the Cycling Portugal Volta race in Lisbon August 15, 2010. REUTERS/Rafael Marchante

Lower right: The crew of a Basler BT-67 fixed wing aircraft release oil dispersant over an oil discharge from the mobile offshore drilling unit, Deepwater Horizon, off the shore of Louisiana, in this May 5, 2010 photograph. REUTERS/Stephen Lehmann/U.S. Coast Guard/handout

Comments

Mmmmmm, doughnuts!!!

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

Okay Alex, I’ll take Cliff Hangers for $2011.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

I oppose the idea of Lamar/BG in jeopardy. I would have so much more time on my hands if I didn’t have to read this blog. Just say NO to danger!

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Also, I believe Lamar is the guy who’s REALLY holding up the blog. I read this just to find out more about Lamar’s latest escapades.

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Don’t do it, Mr. B! Please don’t put Lamar in jeopardy! He embodies my fantasy of a true Renaissance Man. Never have I met such versatility in human form: he’s a shaker in the fashion world, a fearless figure on the world stage, a loyal servant to his fans, and a part-time archbishop, to boot. If Lamar dies, I die.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Look, don’t tell anybody, but this is a ploy on my part.

I figure if I kill myself off in the blog it will strengthen my position in negotiating my contract renewal. Oh. Wait a minute…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

You all should know that Lamar is overcome with emotion over the love for him in your comments. He just may pull through.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

In order to be a compelling cliffhanger, Lamar should be either:

a.) in a coma
b.) awaiting paternity test results
c.) hanging off of a cliff by his fingertips

Hey…I’m just trying to help out.

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

In order to be a compelling cliffhanger, Lamar should be either:

a.) in a coma
b.) awaiting paternity test results
c.) hanging off of a cliff by his fingertips

Hey…I’m just trying to help out.

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

You can’t fool me Mr B, I know you hired a stunt double a while back when things started looking dodgy…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Greenie can make anyone mad :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Well the Pope could not have picked a better profession than being the test pilot for the BT-67 to fullfill two of his lifelong dreams. First to be a pilot and second to get closer to god.

That plane sure leaves a helluva impact crater when it crashes!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@Spin, everyone was wrong, that’s kinda why it crashed on the Island of Stupid-Looking Bullfighters. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

BG, I know you…. you are just fishing….
We all know you aint going nowhere…

Nope… American TV… :D