Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Remember the name Hulga Fekrat…

October 21, 2010

supermodels combo 490

Blog Guy, I want to pick your brain.

You’re going to need a court order for that.

No, I just want to make use of your wealth of knowledge about the fashion world.

fekrat 240 verticalWho are the very, very most beautiful supermodels in the world right now? You know, the ones that can light up a runway with their very presence.

My own list would include Miranda Kerr, Gisele Bundchen and Heidi Klum, but I want to make sure I’m not leaving off someone stellar, Blog Guy.

Indeed you are. Where is the name Hulga Fekrat, for Lord’s sake? Just look at her in photos from a show in London a few days ago. The hair, those hypnotic eyes, the intoxicated breath.

You mean intoxicating?

HER? Are you insane?

Not me, but okay, Hulga probably is. It’s part of her allure.

So you think she’s gonna be big?

I think in another few months, every woman in America will want The Hulga Look, and every big designer will be saying, “Get me Fekrat or get me nobody!”

You heard it here first.

Combo top left: Model Miranda Kerr at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2008 in Miami Beach, Florida, November 15, 2008. REUTERS/Carlos Barria

Combo top right: Brazil’s top model Gisele Bundchen at Sao Paulo Fashion Week, January 18, 2009. REUTERS/Paulo Whitaker

Combo bottom left: Host Heidi Klum attends the Project Runway Spring 2011 collection during New York Fashion Week, September 9, 2010. REUTERS/Eric Thayer

Combo bottom right: A model displays a creation during the Alternative Hair Show at the Grand Temple, Freemason’s Hall in central London October 17, 2010. REUTERS/Andrew Winning

Lower left: A model displays a creation during the Alternative Hair Show at the Grand Temple, Freemason’s Hall in central London October 17, 2010. REUTERS/Andrew Winning

Comments

Mountains embrace sky.
Between earth, sky, fearful void.
Prepping for trial.

See you all next week, maybe.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

She’s the devil in disguise….

Hey, I know that song!

No, really. She is. Just look at her. It’s not even a good disguise.

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

Wow, somebody does good work with a magic marker … I hope it wasn’t a permanent one, that stuff’s hard to get off. (Before you ask, I have kids, ok?)

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

You really had to sabotage the four-box candy with a bitter aspirin :D :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

It’s a goat! It’s a pirate! It’s a…super scary robot zombie!

BG, is this your version of Halloween prep? Axe murderers and horrifying monsters?

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

It’s just a hunch, Spin, but this could be the same Hulga Fekrat….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

What man can resist a woman with a well-trimmed sequin beard?

Posted by shawngrggs | Report as abusive

Looks like she was attacked by a rabid bedazzler!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Strangley hypnotic. Oh well, no time to chat. I’m going on trial here soon … I hope my lawyer can get me off. She’s a snazzy dresser. Wow, that last picture kinda looks like … wait, NO! It’s her! My lawyer! I recognize the beady eyes. I’m sure to get off now!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Where do you think Lady Ga Ga get’s her inspiration from?

And see how Miranda Kerr is trying to be all kissy-kissy with me? It ain’t gonna work there missy, I ain’t taking you back now!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@Spin, I was reduced to a mass but more like the snot filled kind as I got a flu shot last Friday which ended up making me sick. Isn’t that ironic, dontcha think Alanis? So I have been holed up in my room with a wastebasket next to me praying to whatever gods would listen that the wee bit of soup I ate would stay down. It’s been a fun past few days.

As for Msssss. Kerr there, while those lips are do look quite soft and inviting I must resist! I have to resist! Must…. resi….maybe just a little kiss then?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Lady Ga Ga and Hulga Fekrat? It must be a conspiracy.
You know if you remove all the extra letters from this supposed models name it spells Hat.

Posted by IamNotSomebody | Report as abusive

@Spin, you turned down a Hello Kitty or Barbie Band-Aid for a “correct” answer? I am disappointed! I had a pack of Spider-man Band-Aids in my flight bag. My mother had given them to me as a joke and I took them along as a token of good luck. :) Thankfully didn’t have to use them on myself but did on the airplane once! I will shoot you the pic on FB.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

BG, I think it is Hulga and her Fekrat. Her pet fekrat is currently wrapped around her neck like a scarf. More current than the tiny dog in the purse accessory. And what woman wouldn’t like a nice fur scarf that could also bite someone?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Thanks, Onedoor. Boy, the mental health state of my commenters never ceases to amaze me.

No wonder the U.S. Government Death Panel has asked for my Comments feed….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

You mean Lady Gaga is Gay Ad Gal, don’t you, Spin?

==RED

Posted by REDruin | Report as abusive

I saw a photo of Gisele recently, from the days before she was a model. She used to be REALLY pretty.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Not to contradict you or anything Crow, but there’s really pretty, and then there’s Hulga Fekrat gorgeous….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Eh. I’d take “funny looking” over “just like all the others” any time.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Helga has good arm definition…for a model.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

It’s HULGA, Nurse. How can you forget a name like Hulga Fekrat?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I’m reminded of the character Joy in Flannery O’Connor’s “Good Country People,” who changes her name from “Joy” to “Hulga” to match her wooden leg (and her wooden soul).

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Brilliant, Doc! First as I recall we shared a favorite Yeats poem, and now this.

Yes, I got Hulga from that Flannery O’Connor story, and Fekrat was just a name I saw in a news group recently.

I’ll bet you could have answered this one, too:

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 09/11/13/a-very-sobering-experience/

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I got my Halloween costume… thanks, BG! :)

Hulga Fekrat, now who came up with that?