Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Filling the president’s cakehole…

October 23, 2010

obama doughnuts combo 490

Blog Guy, you run the popular Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop, just a few blocks from the White House, yet President Obama doesn’t seem to give you the time of day. Why doesn’t he ever come by?

USA/He does! He was just in here a couple days ago, stuffing his face with our glazed doughnuts. He loves them. Look, you can see Becky, our  Greasy Foods Nutritionist, watching him from behind. Becky said later that…

Just shut up for a second, Blog Guy. Your photo caption says Obama is eating those doughnuts at a shop in Seattle, 3,000 miles from your shop!

Okay, technically that may be true. The thing is, his staff says we have to pass a health inspection first.

You mean before he can eat your doughnuts?

Before he can even return to the White House.

You shop FAILED a health inspection? What was it? Bacteria? Cockroaches? Water bugs? Slugs? Wood ticks? Mice? Rats? Open sewage? Toxic waste? Feces? Plague?

Hey! Did somebody LEAK that list to you? It’s supposed to be private!

You know, you’d think our bats would keep the other pests under control, but no such luck, apparently…

President Barack Obama stops at a doughnut shop in Seattle, October 21, 2010. Obama is on a four-day, five-state swing to support Democrats in the upcoming election.

REUTERS photos by Kevin Lamarque

Comments

BG: Keep some evening hours the week before Halloween and customers will think the bats are special effects! Lamar best keep the camera ready, too. He will be sure to get some great goofy faces as the bats swoop down over the customers. He might want earplugs if all the screaming will bother him.

Pass a doughnut, will you?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Becky’s face is telling me she dropped that doughnut on the floor before he chowed down on it. Also, I kind of like him a little better with a pastry-stuffed craw.

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

I don’t care what the caption says that is definitely the Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop. There is the logo for BasAir in the backround, ready to airlift patrons to the nearest emergency room after dining on one of the Sprinkles and Plague specials!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Blog guy, maybe you should investigate what is it about the presidency that make their hair turn gray fast. It happenned to Clinton, Bush and now Obama too. It probably happenned earlier too, I just wasn’t old enough to notice. Maybe you could do an expose’ on the phenomenon. Does it only happen in the US or does it affect other countries too?

Posted by I_dont_know_1 | Report as abusive

Every president I can remember aged quickly in office save one — Nixon.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Wow, the recession is that bad, eh? World leaders are swapping clothes to cut costs. Notice the Prez’s tie. Now look back to Sept 29′s blog, the dude on the left. See, I notice stuff like that.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Lady, first of all, the fact that you noticed that probably means you should seek help fairly soon.

Secondly, this kind of swapping among world leaders is what Obama calls “Strengthening our ties.” It’s a cornerstone of diplomacy. Of course, I believe we’re now swapping cornerstones, too…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Who’s Lamar?

Posted by shawngrggs | Report as abusive

He’s a recurring character in this blog. If you come back often, you’ll get to know him well….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I see that Becky has been doing her random sampling of the medidonuts. Purely for QA purposes, of course!
Hope she was checked for pointy objects before the visit!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

I think that Barry could use a couple of extra saturated-fat donuts. That dude is seriously bony!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

@Jazz, yeah he’s bony. Michelle only lets him eat legumes!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I dreamt I had a pet bat once. He had light brown fur and the sweetest little face and his name was Clive and I loved him and hugged him and squeezed him and called him…well…Clive. When I woke up, I cried.

I still miss him.

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, I have a bat I found dead in a warehouse that I brought home to show someone and have never got round to disposing of, partly because to do so would be technically illegal. It’s still fuzzy and cute, just sort of dried out. You want? I could post it, providing I lied on the customs declaration on the envelope…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Wait, Crow. You brought a warehouse home to show someone?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Well, yeah. You know that poem “I brought you a mountain”?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Very interesting that we are talking about bats…
A baby bat once entered my parents’ room, and refused to leave, fluttering around everywhere.. Needless to say,my mom and sis were absolutely petrified of it…
Enter me, and they actually begged to get rid of it…
and when I entered the room, they locked it behind me!!!

To this day, it makes me wonder, if they didnt want the bat to escape, or me….

Crow, sure send it over!! My cats would have a field day with it!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, it’s a deal! FB me your address. :)

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Thanks, Unca. I sure wish all readers were as sensitive as you.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive