Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Who gets more publicity than zombies?

October 27, 2010

zombie promo 490

Okay Lamar, you’ve had weeks to work on a plan to promote our new AMC television series about zombies, “The Walking Dead.” It premieres on Sunday, so what do you have?

zombie promo 320Great stuff, Boss! We’re sending zombies out to 26 cities around the world, see, to walk around the streets and get publicity for our show. What do you think?

Real zombies, Lamar? You’re putting real zombies on airplanes and sending them places?

You bet! It makes perfect sense. Zombies are happy to fly coach, they don’t bring any luggage, and as far as food on the flights, you know, they fend for themselves.

But what about hotels and return flights and stuff, Lamar? Can they handle that?

That’s the beauty part, Boss. They go out every night, so we don’t even have to pay for hotels. And honestly, we’re not expecting many of them to come back here when they’re finished.

zombies hamm 220Well, I have to admit you’ve thought this through much better than your usual lame ideas. So where are you keeping these dozens of real zombies until it’s time to go to the airport?

I put them all over in Studio B, Boss. They’re a pretty sickening sight.

Wasn’t there something else scheduled for Studio B this afternoon, Lamar?

Oh, right! A press conference with the top stars of our biggest shows, “Mad Men” and “Breaking Bad.”

Yes, Lamar. So you’ve got Jon Hamm and Bryan Cranston locked up with brain-eating zombies?

WHAT? You’ll have to SPEAK UP, Boss! There’s lots of loud screaming out in the hallway!

SERBIA/Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Actors dressed as zombies walk in downtown Belgrade October 26, 2010, as part of a promotional campaign for an upcoming U.S. TV series called “The Walking Dead”. The event is taking place over 24 hours in 26 cities around the world ahead of the show’s U.S. premiere on Sunday. REUTERS photos by Marko Djurica

Lower left: Cast member Jon Hamm poses during a photocall to promote “Mad Men” in Cannes, southeastern France, October 5, 2010. REUTERS/Eric Gaillard

Comments

Jon Hamm…now there’s a lunch meat I’d love to try! Rrrrowoar!

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Come on Mr. B. you never let me fly any of the fun jobs! What’s the point of being chief pilot of the BT-69s if you never let me fly around flesh eating hordes of zombies?

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 10/05/11/flying-high-with-my-secret-care er/

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Spin, never in the a.m. Sometimes, driving home from work I wish I felt that good.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Ya know I have been thinking. Zombies feed on livng human flesh but they do not feed on other zombies. If a zombie were to not be able to feed because there were no more living people, can it go hungry? Would it die again? If a person had a peanut allergy and became a zombie would the zombie version still have a peanut allergy? Would that zombie then not be able to eat a person who ate peanuts? Are peanuts the answer to salvation come the zombie appocalypse?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Hey 69Spinster, I never wake up like that. Some days, though, I wake up feeling like that photo of Jon Hamm. But most days, I wake up feeling like George Clooney. :)

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

The answer to salvation come the zombie apocalypse is flame throwers – lots of them, and oodles of fuel. That’s my plan, and I’m sticking to it.

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

That’s a very pretty gate in the bottom right picture.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Bethy, I am sticking to Woody Harrelson’S technique of shooting them zombies right in the face!
Oh, and I like that guy’s disguise in the top photo… that gash looks almost real…
wait.. what do you mean it’s real?

@Ifly – the answer to all those questions is of course, Red Bull. Starving Zombie? Red Bull. Starving Zombie with peanut allergy? Red Bull.
Red Bull gives you BRAAAAIIIINS!

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Nosmo, it’s good then Red Bull doesn’t give them wings. Can’t have zombies flying around, I haven’t invested in any anti-aircraft artillery yet.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

LOL like we needed them after seeing all fashion shows :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

But all that blood is WAY too pink. Everybody knows real blood starts to turn brown after about 1/2 hour! (And no zapping, Shra – they already KNEW that!)

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

All this talk of killing zombies really disheartens me. Zombies haz rights 2. Can’t we all just get along. Zombie of the world unite! http://www.unitedzombieunion.com
Dr. Skinis DeKay
Founder/United Zombie Union

Posted by SkinisDeKay | Report as abusive

@BethyB…umm… what do you do that you have blood hanging around for a half hour or more?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Is Dr.Skinis DeKay for real… must say though, am liking that name! :D

Of course he’s for real, Shra. He couldn’t be a doctor if he wasn’t….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Dr.DeKay, think you are gonna be very busy this weekend?

I have a thought. If a person is a vegetarian in life, dies, then becomes zombified, would the zombie version of the person still be a vegetarian? Instead of feeding on human flesh would it ravage a farmers fields groaning “Grrraaaiiinnsss!”?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ifly, they go for cauliflower – looks like brains, tasty veggie option.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive