Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

We’re the First Ladies, we’ll be here all week!

October 28, 2010

michelle impression 300Blog Guy, you’re a Washington DC insider, so maybe you can clear up something for me. It sounds nutty, but I heard that many of our first ladies have professional lounge acts.

That’s true. Michelle Obama, for example, does a standing-room-only show called, “That Guy on the One-Dollar Bill.”

She virtually becomes George Washington before your very eyes. Here’s a publicity still from her act. Uncanny resemblance, huh?

Yeah, Blog Guy. Like twins separated at birth. Except, you know…

Yeah, I know what you’re thinking, George Washington was taller than Michelle. I’ll give you that.

What about some of the others? What does Laura Bush do?

She’s a ventriloquist. She tells jokes through a little bobblehead doll.

That’s very interesting. What does her bobblehead look like, anyway?

USA/It looks like Laura Bush.

But if she’s a ventriloquist, why is her mouth open in this photo?

I didn’t say she was a great ventriloquist, did I? She’s pretty average, as far as first lady ventriloquists go.

Then maybe I’ll catch one of the other first ladies’ acts this week, instead.

You may regret that. Let’s see, at DC Comedy Improv we have “Mamie Eisenhower and her Balloon Animal Cavalcade.”

Right: First lady Michelle Obama speaks at the National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Awards in the White House, October 20, 2010. REUTERS/Jason Reed

Left: Former first lady Laura Bush shows a bobblehead doll of herself during the lunch session of The Women’s Conference in Long Beach, California, October 26, 2010. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni

Comments

Ahhh, BG, I thought you were setting up someone else for the bobble-head. You know you are famous when they have a bobble-head with your likeness. When is yours being introduced?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Really, what WAS Michelle thinking??
Oh, and Laura Bush looks better than her bobblehead (teeheeheehee) doll!

Dave, mine is already on sale at the Goofy Face Museum here in DC. As soon as it sells, we’ll make another one.

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/ta g/goofy-face-museum/

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Awesome! Put me down for one “I’ve been tased by Shra” t-shirt (size: medium) and one Basler Bobble-head! :D

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

What a crazy random happenstance! I also happen to sell tiny statues of myself! Only my head isn’t the thing that bobbles… hyuck hyuck hyuck.

Posted by shawngrggs | Report as abusive

Thanks for the clarification Mr B. I thought The First Lady was demonstrating which hand she used to smack her husband with for hanging out with Becky and eating all that junk food.

I find it creepy that Mrs Bush and her bobblehead doll have exactly the same haircut.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I find it creept that Mrs Bush’s doll is wearing Mrs Obama’s outfit…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

You sure that isn’t a Michael Jackson bobblehead in Janet’s dress?

BG: you need to have yourself on a PEZ dispenser, too!

Dooooooughnuts!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

OMG I want a Basler Pez dispenser also!!!! I am going to have to start making a list for Santa of all the wonderful OE swag I want!

George Washington, the inventor of spirit fingers!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

You know, CG, that is an astute and very freaky observation…..
or maybe its just Halloween…