Sanity: you just know it when you see it

October 30, 2010

rally kittens top 490

Blog Guy, you live in Washington DC, right? Are you going to that big Rally to Restore Sanity today?

You bet. I know lots of folks who are going.

jaws shark 220But are you, as a respected humor blogger, allowed to take a political stand like that?

Since when is sanity a political stand?

That’s a good point, but maybe you can explain the pro-sanity position in a little more detail for your readers.

I’ll try. You see those kittens in the top photo?

Yeah, those little fellas are real cute…

They represent sanity. Now. You see this shark?

Yes. Very scary!

That represents insanity.

I just don’t know, Blog Guy. Can you go through it again?

kittens horiz 300Sure, I’ll even slow down a bit.

Kittens, sanity. Shark, insanity. Kittens, sanity. Shark, insanity.

When you put it that way, I think I’m getting it. By the way, Blog Guy, where does Randy Quaid fit into all this?

You know, I believe I’ve just given you the tools to let you figure that out for your own self.

Kittens are presented in a bucket to Britain’s Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, during her visit to open the new cattery at the 150 year old Battersea Dogs and Cats Home in London October 27, 2010. REUTERS/Chris Jackson/pool

Poster for “Jaws.”

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler and eBusiness BPO Inc., cabun. cabun said: [Oddly] Sanity: you just know it when you see it http://reut.rs/9wncmX [...]

Kittens in a bucket? Is this a delicacy in the UK? Why couldn’t they just give her donuts or kringles, like O gets?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Dr Basler, ahem, Preteour B, oh I always get this wrong, master of curious pastries, you may remember me from my exploits in Dublin not too long ago, when I last posted to this esteemed Blog and was chastized heartiy by one pilot and reprieved by one “unca”.

i cant offer a haiku but I will say this much, you yanks have an easy prison system!!

oh and to continue the theme of the blog sanity is for people with nothing more interesting to pursue. pfffffffft

Posted by dazedconfused | Report as abusive

@Dave, I think given the pictures the story is the Brits feed the kittens to sharks until the sharks become strong enough to attach lasers to them. Then the Brits contact the U.N. and threaten to unleash said laser-laden sharks into the deep blue seas unless a hefty ransom of ONE MILLION DOLLARS is paid!! Dunn dun dunnnnnnnn….

In all seriousness though…awwwww kittens! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@ifly – nice explanation.

I definitely see a lolcats entry coming up. “I haz Duchessez”.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

@Unca, yeah the love we have for each other in here is quite insane! Kitten/sanity, love/insanity, sharks/insanity.

So there ya have it, 2 to 1 this blog is insane!

@Dave, your comment made me lol too! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

So, the Duchess was at a cat house…

In the top photo, the kitten doesn’t look like it is seeing much sanity. Are you sure it wasn’t in DC?

Dazed: You are confused! Whatever gave you the idea the blog was pursuing sanity?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@dazed/confused: Pfffft? You said pfffft? How dare you say pfffft! There are ladies on this blog!

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

From the look in those kitty’s eyes methinks they may have been in a cargo plane destined to Chicago from Yemen. shhhhhhhhhh don’t give them thar terrorists any ideas ya yidiot.

R. Scheider (from the netherworld)

Posted by onequartlow | Report as abusive

Some woman in the UK was done recently for putting a kitty in a bin. I don’t know why, it never did Topcat any harm…

Having said that, I’ve tried to photograph cute kitties in an inanimate object before, and it’s damn tricky. I reckon they’ve either had their claws trimmed or the bucket is oiled.

Can I have the one on the right?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

You can see their claws, if you look close enough. They are beautiful, aren’t they.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

@Shra: “That kitty is not happy to be in a bucket, much less being in the hands of Camilla!!!”

You evil woman… :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Thanks Fwd… all in the Halloween spirit, you see!!

@uncarastus

Keep a shark busy for a long time.

Posted by NonyaZ | Report as abusive

It’s like a kennel for cats Spin. Zap away Shra, zap away. Your taser is but a charming reminder of the days when my electric fence was working…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive