Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Let’s think this through, Lamar….

October 31, 2010

Blog Guy! You’ll never believe what I just saw!

Try me. I’ll believe just about anything.

USA/

You know Christine O’Donnell, that woman who’s running for the U.S. Senate who “dabbled in witchcraft” and is opposed to people entertaining themselves?

Entertaining themselves?

USA/You know what I mean. Basting the ham… Shucking the corn… Polishing the bayonet… Should I get more specific?

No, please don’t.

Anyway, I saw photos of her being endorsed by a dude named Lamar! Is that the same Lamar we read about almost every day in your blog?

No comment. I’ve never disclosed Lamar’s last name, and his politics are his own business. Um, this guy you saw didn’t mention me or doughnuts or the planet Neptune, did he?

I don’t know. But if you look at this top shot, Lamar is making an ambiguous gesture and O’Donnell looks very puzzled. In the next photo, O’Donnell may be trying to explain what Lamar MEANT to say.

Face it, Blog Guy, your Lamar is a whack job. The amateur bullfighter? The guy whose wife tried to kill him at a zoo? The guy who…

USA/Stop. I’m not going to defend Lamar’s nutty actions, his early parole, or even the aluminum foil covering his shoes.

But does it seem like the guy you’ve come to know through my blog  would support Christine O’Donnell? Watch this clip, and think about it.

Ouch. You’re right. I’m so sorry I ever suspected him. Please apologize for me.

I will, as soon as he gets back into town from…let’s see, I have his note here. “Boss, I need to take two personal days in Delaware. Can I use the plane?”

Give in. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Tennessee Republican Senator Lamar Alexander (L) speaks in support of Delaware Republican senatorial candidate Christine O’Donnell (R) during a news conference in Centreville, Delaware, October 29, 2010. REUTERS/Tim Shaffer

Comments

Spider legs and cheese gone green, witchcraft in politics, must be Christine. Timely blog for the day, BG!

I think I will go cast a good spell on my coffee pot. Pass the pumpkin doughnuts, please.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@one! From the top rope. Good ole Lamar, from the state I call home when I’m not in my cave. Politics is so weird. Glad I don’t pay any attention except when I vote. I never have figured out how to deal with hanging Chad. What did he do to deserve hanging anyway?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

I like the youth pastor’s name — Hitchcock — in the entertainment clip. Priceless. He reminds me of the frat boys I knew in college who were studying to be ministers. When they couldn’t get it, those guys would badger their own witness at the drop of a hat, and they’d drop the hat themselves. As for Christine, I wouldn’t badger her with Rich Iott’s little fund raiser:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/ 10/rich-iott-defends-nazis-he-dresses-up -as-they-were-doing-what-they-thought-wa s-right-video.php

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Does “badgering the witness” mean what I think it means ?

Also on the euphemism front, can I point out that she’s wearing a pearl necklace?

But I had NO IDEA there were actually people called Lamar! Bless.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I watched the clip. All I can say is OMG.

And that guy supports her? Dude, she ain’t even that hot, if at all! Go back home and watch Matlock.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Sure, CG. It means — in American police lingo — “to aid and abet a felony.”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

As for “Lamar,” there was a Mom hereabouts who named her triplets Lamar, Jumar, and Dumar. That’s true. Another Mom named her daughter La–a. (Ladasha.) I see them all in inner city schools!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Double double, cauldron bubble – vote for her and we’re in big trouble.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Doc: thanks for clarifying. I thought badgering the witness had something to do with incessant alumni fund raising calls and letters from a certain college.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Previously on this blog I expressed my passionate crush on Lamar. Granted, the photos here are disheartening. Still, Mr. B, I can’t help wondering: is this the “jeopardy” you were going to thrust my Lamar into, just to up the blog ratings? Throwing him into this self-professed witch’s clutches?

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Ladylala, it wouldn’t be a cliffhanger if I told you….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Cliffs be hanged, Mr. B! Yes, in my lavender-fueled fantasy I’d pictured my Lamar with…hair, say. But I’m not one of those shallow bimbos who can’t overlook minor imperfections. Please bring him home safely!

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Does she think wearing pearls are gonna restore her tarnished reputation?

What do you use to hang cliffs from? A sky hook that you tighten with a left handed screw driver?

I did meet a good witch once. She was kind, thoughtful, upbeat and not in politics. Interesting.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Uh, I’ll try, Ladylala. Sorry to hear you’re not a shallow bimbo. If you see any, could you please recommend this blog?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@Dave: I just had to ask. Did you tie a tortilla on your pet’s head so he could trick or treat as a goat face taco????

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@Shra: Maybe those really aren’t pearls…
… could it be they are the eyes of little critters she tossed in her cauldron, polished up and strung together?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@RB: hahaha watched the clip, loved it. Never knew such character existed LOL :D :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Last photo: “If elected, I promise to only tells lies THIS big!”

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

But the best from the Witch of Delaware is “which amendment?” Sorry, I can’t find the link again. My opinion (and we know what opinions are like) and for what it’s worth, any politician running for federal office who can’t pass a simple test on the constitution of the US should be disqualified.

Apologies, now I’m heading back to my cave with my goat, who does not, for the record, have a face like a taco. (Sorry @one)

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Yeh One, well, that does make sense…
Lady, I am sure Lamar has hair, maybe Witchy Christy had something to do with the lack thereof?