This is one REALLY goofy hobby!

November 2, 2010

bodybuilding top 490

I know it’s only November 2, but I am confident that we have found the “Euphemism of the Month” already.

The photo captions say we’re seeing these women “prepare” for an amateur bodybuilding tournament. Excuse me?

bodybuilding roller 240“Hulga, will you help me ‘prepare’ by writing ‘good luck’ on my butt with a Magic Marker?”

“Girls, it’s tanning oil time! Wrap your bikinis in cellophane and grab those paint rollers! Let’s prepare!”

I know I don’t get out enough, but I don’t think I want a hobby that requires this sort of “preparation.” I do have a couple of thoughts about this, though.

First, it seems these photos were taken backstage. If I were planning this thing, I’d figure the audience would pay extra to watch this stuff onstage.

Secondly, I can’t help noticing this activity is in Krasnoyarsk, the same Siberian city as my men’s prison census item a few days ago.

It occurs to me that if they could just stage this women’s bodybuilding event inside that prison, there would be no shortage of guys willing to help out with that Magic Marker and paint roller preparation. It’s just a thought.

Top: Participants prepare before taking part in the “Strongo Cup” open amateur bodybuilding and body fitness tournament in Russia’s Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk, October 30, 2010.

Participants have their skin darkened with tanning oil as they prepare backstage.

REUTERS photos by Ilya Naymushin

Top pic AWESOME! Bottom pic, not so much. In both cases though it’s fake & bake fun!!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oh sure, Spin, they always blame the ax murderers…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

The first pic had me in splits!!!!!

I was thinking if they held this even at the prison, the census numbers would be much higher.

By the way BG, I saw a news item that China is conducting a census. Do you think their census workers are as persistent as the ones you had to deal with? I have to also add that nobody counted me and my goat this year…. I feel neglected.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Dave, that’s because the Fairness in Census Taking act of 1856 outlined that goats and their owners must fill out absentee census forms which are routed through an independent federal agency for the purposes of increased accuracy. Furthermore, it stated that goats shall only be counted at one-third face value, in essence stipulating that it takes three goats in actuality to equal one goat in the census.

Just, ya know, fyi.

Posted by shawngrggs | Report as abusive

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler and The Bikini Nation, eBusiness BPO Inc.. eBusiness BPO Inc. said: This is one REALLY goofy hobby! http://bit.ly/aCBWPD [...]

Obviously I am not creative! Otherwise, there would be no shortage of creative, and euphemistic, captions for that top photo.
One could make the case that it’s not a marker and instead, it’s a thermometer. Then ifly’s fake & bake comment has a lot more going for it!

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

@Dave, I wasn’t counted either. And while I neither live in a cave, nor own a goat, I too feel neglected. :-(

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

Dave, according to Census records, they stopped by your cave 422 times, and you were always out buying doughnuts.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Mkay, bottom picture, girl on the left. Packing, or not? Girl, or not? Maybe this is how axe murderers in prison can get out and earn a little on the side?

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Sara, definitely packing.

Posted by shawngrggs | Report as abusive

@Jibberish, that’s a very interesting way of checking to see if she is done huh? :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

That device shown on the first picture looks like one of those hair removal thingies. But it must be something else… Also, is this a team sport? The matching suits and shoes, however, suggest that. Maybe events run along the lines of how many contestants does it take to subdue a siberian prisoner?

Posted by I_dont_know_1 | Report as abusive

@Unca, were you wearing a bikini and heels?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

First picture:

Worst.

Body-building.

Shoes.

EVAH!

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

I’m with Skeres.

Also, bottom pic, lady on the right has missed a bit…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I used to have that job but, they fired me for leaving hand prints. :-P

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

In the first picture, the woman on the right is now regretting asking “Does this outfit make my butt look huge?”

The second photo is an activity that we would term around here as basting.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Heels? Phhht. An attempt to make the muscle structure more apparent or to take the judges minds elsewhere…

@Nosmo: I now have this silly picture in mind of a woman on stage under the lights and a pop-up timer sprouting out of her navel:)

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@Cam: Is that your hand print on the bottom photo, woman on the right?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

@Onedoor: Yeah. Then she put her hand print on my face!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Now, someone tell me one thing… just WHY do these bodybuilders need to be tanned? or should I say, look as if they have been dipped in a vat of brown shiny paint?

Yup 32 PSI – you’re good.

Posted by comalone | Report as abusive