Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Making a token gesture…

November 9, 2010

awards gesture combo 490

Okay, people, listen up! We’re trying to rehearse an awards show here!

Places, please!

MUSIC-MTV/EUROPESo do you all understand the drill?

If you win an award, go immediately to the backstage press area and flip off the media. One finger is adequate, but of course we’re hoping you can remember to do it with TWO fingers.

Now let’s all practice it a bit. Everybody look at Kesha, she’s got that panoramic thing going on. Very nice, Kesha.

The next thing to rehearse is… Sigh. Joaquin? That’s your THUMB. Wipe that smile off your face and try it again…

Remember, all of you, the idea here is that every human being on earth who sees these photos should want to punch you out immediately.

Everybody look at Plan B, up in the top photo. He’s nailed it perfectly! I wouldn’t mind smacking him one up-side the head myself!

Top left: British singer Plan B (Ben Drew) gestures as he poses backstage at the MTV Europe  Music Awards 2010 in Madrid, November 7, 2010.

Top right: U.S. singer Kesha poses after receiving her award for Best New Act at the MTV Europe Music Awards.

Left: Spanish flamenco dancer Joaquin Cortes poses for photographers as he arrives for the MTV Europe Music Awards.

REUTERS photos by Susana Vera

Comments

No wonder… I havent heard a single song by Kesha OR Plan B… and after this… I dont think I want to….
On the other hand… Senor Cortes looks mui bien… I mean, yummm… I mean.. woot! woot! :D

You should keep an open mind, Shra. I believe both Kesha and Plan B have Christmas albums coming out…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

You might be right about the Christmas album Mr. B, but it appears as though Kesha could harbor dangerous animals, like a badger or a lobo, in that hair!
Plan B! What a dorky name… ;-)

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

Just because they can still draw a bow, what makes them so special? So Mr. B, are you related to Plan B? What happened to Plan A?

And a flamenco dancer? On MTV? Seriously?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Not interested in THEIR Xmas albums, BG… :)
Bon Jovi… now thats a different ballgame.. :)

Ahh! The golden days, Spin… I believe we have someone in our midst who lives that day over and over and over again….

(totally gob-smacked look and looking on in surprise at Spin while she is yapping away to the OE audience)

Ah yes, the no-talent, bad behavior correlation. The less talent you have, the more memorable you need to be by your bad behavior and/or garish costume and make-up.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Plan A was the original group. Plan B was what happened when Mr. Drew developed this unfortunate nervous twitch…

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

All they need now is a wardrobe malfunction or two, and possibly a reference to fish sticks.

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Times like this make me so proud that I live in a time with such a promising cultural environment. Forget 15th century Florence, this is tops.

Posted by I_dont_know_1 | Report as abusive

@Spin: Unless you’re a cabbie, then it means “Thanks for the tip, Yank!”

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Sorry Mr B, but this blog is being educational again. Whilst I have heard the music of both those two, I had no idea prior to this what they looked like. And now I do – jaundiced and mutant thumbed respectively.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Dear Ke$ha,
You are not Lady GaGa. Knowing that please stop trying to act like Lady GaGa’s desperate younger sister. The world can only stand one of you at a time.
Sincerely,
Mr. Pilot
P.S. – What does waking up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy even mean anyway??

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Colorful Kesha with a feather in her hair and it could become a Toucan gesture.

I’m all for the Flamenco dancer. He is smiling and looks happy to be there.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Toucan gesture. I love it.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive