Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Angelina and the Used Car Dealer?

November 10, 2010

What the hell is going on with this Angelina Jolie movie, Lamar?

Boss, that’s the one where she’s the director. It’s her first time…

jolie and pit top this 490

I know that, you simpleton! But you’re supposed to be keeping an eye on her, and I’m getting no info on…what’s the movie called again?

jolie rust cars 340There’s no title, Boss. We just keep referring to it as her “as yet untitled directorial debut…”

Cripes! What’s it about?

A Serbian man and Bosnian woman who meet on the eve of the Bosnian war, Boss…

Like I give a crap, Lamar. I mean, what can I tell the investors it’s about? There are only two choices. Tom Cruise having sex with Julia Roberts, or Harrison Ford killing Nazis.

I haven’t seen a script, Boss, but there are a lot of old cars on the set, in really bad shape. Maybe it’s about a used car dealer.

HUNGARY/Jeez Louise! Is there even a cinematographer, Lamar?

Well, there’s Brad Pitt. But he’s just using a still camera.

This is a disaster, Lamar! Tomorrow I’m bringing the investors to the set of this movie. I’m going to tell them the title is, “The Director with More Tattoos than Popeye.”  And when we get there, I want to see….

I know, Boss. You wanna see Harrison Ford killing Julia Roberts, right?

Lamar, come over here and bring that heavy glass ashtray with you…

Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are seen on the set of Jolie’s yet untitled directorial debut in Budapest, November 8, 2010.

Jolie walks on the set during the filming of her yet untitled directorial debut in Budapest, November 4, 2010.

Pitt stands next to a camera on the set of Jolie’s yet untitled directorial debut in Budapest, November 8, 2010.

REUTERS photos by Laszlo Balogh

Comments

Hey, Robbie B McBlogGuy, when did you snap those pictures of me? I thought Angelina and I were alone!

Posted by shawngrggs | Report as abusive

So we get an new Brangelina movie called “Yet Untitled”? Sounds not-interesting to me.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Oh good, Shawn. Just what I need. More delusional readers.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Hate to say this, but Brad Pitt looks really suave with that camera…

First, I’d like to point out that both of BG’s posts today include veiled references to eating disorders. BG, if you need to talk, I’m always here to judge and offer derisive and rude comments.

Any post with Lamar is great, but the photo credits really did it for me.

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Are you looking at somebody else’s blog, Sarabelle? Those references are so veiled I can’t even find them.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Thanks, Spin. You know, sometimes I worry about that Lamar.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Ah BG, living the student’s life forces me to read heavily into everything these days – even pictures. Nobody else noticed Mangenlina’s tiny stick legs? I’m surprised she can even walk on those suckers. There you go, BG, there is your veiled reference. Oh, and the bulimic hippo. Maybe I just have too active an imagination, or possibly, am just losing it :)

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Popeye only had one tattoo didn’t he? The anchor on his arm? Unless you know something about Popeye the rest of us don’t Mr. B.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

What are you talking about, sir? That’s CLEARLY me!

…actually, wait a second. Oooooh NOW I see the difference. His sideburns are a little lower than mine. My mistake, it’s so hard to tell the difference sometimes.

I will have to have a talk with Angie (I call her Angie, by the way) about her jetting around the world with Shawn look-a-likes.

Posted by shawngrggs | Report as abusive

Also – someone break out the medidonuts for Shawn, stat.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Probably not, Ifly…
Probably true, Nosmo…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Speaking of medidonuts, did any of you hear about Didier Drogba playing despite suffering from a bout of malaria?

Powerful stuff. Powerful, relevant stuff.

Posted by shawngrggs | Report as abusive

You don’t even want to know what I’m thinking …

Pass me the doughnuts, Shawn.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

I don’t know how to put this, but Shawn doesn’t seem to be passing the doughnuts to anybody…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Shawn! SHAWN! Leggo, man! Gimme mah glazed goodies!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

No hoarding, best be passing the blueberry cake with xannie sprinkles here buddy!

@justCAM, you are thinking what happened to the Tomb Raider days when Angelina had some meat on her bones and was in the top 5 on the “Dayum shesa hoooottieeee” list right? Just a guess.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

What doughnuts? All I see is this box of “Most Awesome Guy Alive” awards that I’ve won.

Posted by shawngrggs | Report as abusive

Okay, let’s end this particular awards thread before somebody gets hurt.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

With any luck, the “yet untitled directorial debut” will remain so until disposed of in the appropriate flushable container.
Then again, it proves the adage “Those who can, act. Those who cannot, direct.”

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

“In Lamar’s defence, watching Harrison Ford killing Julia Roberts is significantly better than watching Tom Cruise have sex with Nazis.”

Bonus points for Nosmo. :)

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

What about Tom Cruise having… No, that would never make it past the spam filter. :-0

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

@Spin, is it still Haiku when it’s three verses? Wait! Don’t answer that, Shra has been a little taser happy lately….

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

BG, just roll along with your loyal delusional readers. We manage to keep reading and remain happy even when the doughnuts are in short supply. Nothing like a good delusion!

It’s the most wonderful Tim of the year.
Shawn is handsome and awarded it’s clear.
Your fans they are reading
And doughnuts are eating
And full of good cheer!
It’s a most delusional time of the year!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

BG: Well, you can’t blame a guy for trying. ;-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Dave, I assume that was three different haiku, rather than one three verse haiku. They’re meant to be three lines long; five syllables, then seven, then five.

I speak as one to whom tasing pales into insignificance besides the vagaries of my intermittently working electric fence. :)

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Yes, for you CG, I have devised a complete reformatory punishment….
No forraging in the snow and gale, looking for firewood… even if every howl of wind calls your name and every fiber in your body wants to go out and experience that gale force wind…

Shra, you may have misunderstood – I go out after it’s finished being windy, when all the branches have fallen into the lane. Whilst the storm is ongoing, I just like to think of the forthcoming firewood.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

In that case, NO thinking! Ah well, you dont think anyways… i mean, just like the rest of us…
Ok, NO doughnuts for you! Until you accept that the zapper is supreme and the ultimate torture weapon! and that you are NOT immune to it!