Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

There’s no room for non-shooters here!

November 13, 2010

obama cameras 490

Lamar, get in my office! Isn’t Vasquez one of your men?

Yes, SIR General Johnson! What can I do for you, SIR!

obama vasquez 260What’s his problem?

SIR! There is no problem with Vasquez that I’m aware of, SIR!

Then where’s his camera? Doesn’t he know his commander-in-chief is speaking? Why isn’t he shooting photos like everybody else?

SIR, yes SIR!  I believe Vasquez is a big fan of President Obama and wanted to concentrate on what he was saying, SIR!

Is that right, Lamar? Well you tell that little pipsqueak that in this man’s army, we show our respect by clicking shutters nonstop while our president speaks.

Now you get back out there and take charge of your men, Lamar! And if I see any more non-photography, I’ll transfer you to that BT-67 aircraft unit so fast…

But SIR! I have a wife and kids, SIR!

U.S. President Barack Obama speaks at a Veterans Day event at the U.S. Army Garrison at Yongsan military base in Seoul November 11, 2010. REUTERS/Jason Reed

Comments

“Where’ve you been soldier?”
“Training SIR!”
“What kind of training soldier?”
AAAHHHRRRMY training SIR!”

Favorite movie lines ever. Well, almost.

Donut anyone?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

“Stripes,” right? Go have a couple more donuts, Dave.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

This will only work for those of you you know what a Yorkshire accent sounds like…

Officer in charge of my friend’s TA training bunch is about to draw some stuff on a map to demonstrate just how much they screwed up. He is sharpening his pencil, and looks around: “Where’s the bin?”

My friend: “Sir, we’ve been on manouevres, Sir!”

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Ssssh! Vasquez is using the new spy cam! Did you notice how much brighter one of his front teeth is? That is due to the veneer sliding from one tooth to the other to expose the lens. By moving his eyes left to right, he can wind the film; and when he blinks, takes the photo!

Oooh, more doughnuts!

Do the Basler flights serve doughnuts instead of pretzels?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I was gonna make a comment on slightly-buck-tooth Vasquez myself… guess I got beaten to it… never mind!
I see a couple of more people are not following the same protocol… wats happening to THEM, Lamar?

Let’s play ‘spot the Chinese secret agent’.
Is it:
A) the Chinese guy in the suit?
B) Vasquez?
C) the woman in the lower left who appears to be taking a photo of the inside of her mouth?
D) the dude in the bottom of the picture, mostly obscured by Mr O’Bama, who has fallen asleep on his feet?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I would go with C… very cunning people, the Chinese, I must say…

@Spin and Onedoor, I was just thinking that! Maybe Becky and Vasquez are really Cyberdyne Systems model T-69s sent from the future to document the past two American presidencys (presidenci?) for their gag reels!

Mr. B. what is the military designation for the BT-67, the LO-67 Paperweight?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive