Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Don’t let it touch your “skin”

November 15, 2010

BRITAIN/

Blog Guy, I saw some Reuters photos of that singer Katy Perry launching her new fragrance at a shop in London, and I have some questions.

katy perry face 300Who wouldn’t have some? Shoot.

Why does she need to have a fragrance?

There is currently a shortage of celebrity fragrances, especially if you don’t like the ones from Jennifer Aniston, Hilary Swank, Dave Beckham, Bilbo Baggins, Mamie Eisenhower, Ralph Waldo Emerson, six of The Smurfs…

But in the photos, Katy is doing something funny with her fingers.

katy perry vertical 220I believe those are just air quotes, which lawyers for her fragrance advised her to use frequently when describing the product.

That’s very interesting, Blog Guy. Like what words was she supposed to use them with?

I’m only guessing, but she probably uses them when she says¬† “rash,”¬† “blisters,” “toxic,” “impotence” and “coma.”

Thanks, I can live with that. Guess I’ll go fragrance shopping!

Cool. Enjoy the rest of your “life.”

U.S. singer Katy Perry poses during the launch of her fragrance ‘Purr’ at Selfridges department store on Oxford Street in London November 12, 2010. REUTERS/Stefan Wermuth

Comments

Really?? I thought, she meant to be a Purry Kitten… wow, thats like the opposite of her actual name.. Kate Perry?
I need doughnuts…

BG, can you get your man on the inside, Lamar, to enlighten us as to what’s written on the inside of Ms. Perry’s right bicep in that second photo there?

And how exactly does Bilbo Baggins personal fragrance smell? Like hairy hobbit feet?

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

Cute. Katie “Purry”?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Her tattoo is in Sanskrit and is supposed to say “Go with the flow”. I think it actually says “May contain nuts”.

Question: why wasn’t she wearing the ‘approved’ catsuit, as demonstrated in the big photo behind her?

Lamar – you’re fired!

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Interesting bottom photo of Ms. Purry making a cat claw as the scent of the perfume reaches her. Is this the kind of fragrance Cat Women would have worn before she went out to kick some anterior regions around?

BG: when does your fragrance come out? A dab of doughnut with vanilla icing behind my ear could work wonders for my dating life!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Oooooo!!! That is a wonderful scent, One! Yes, BG, make another addition to the GMDS :)

…meh.

Posted by shawngrggs | Report as abusive

Hmmmm. Let’s think about this. Perhaps a fragrance called “Lamar,” in a doughnut-shaped bottle? This could be big.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

OOOOOH! A perfume called “Lamar”–a brilliant idea! Here’s the marketing strategy: we bring Catherine Deneuve out of retirement and have her purr into the camera. “What am I wearing? Lamar. Just Lamar.”

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

This is good stuff, Ladylala, although I worry a bit that consumers might confuse it with Hedy Lamarr’s fragrance…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Wait a second, she’s not wearing… DAMNIT! Damn you, Katy Perry! I was going to wear that EXACT cat-suit for the launch of my fragrance, “Delusion.”

Guess I better call my ad agency and tell them to cancel the Super Bowl spot… what a waste of $3.50…

Posted by shawngrggs | Report as abusive

She’s giving the “air quotes” for the “air head”

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

@Unca, do you mind if I salivate over pics of Sasha Alexander also?

I have to give it to Katy, she is doing the most intriguing rendition of “Little Bunny Foo Foo” I have ever seen!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

That’s Hedley Lamarr! Now go do… that voodoo… that you do… so well!

Posted by NWHiker | Report as abusive

Little Katy Foo Foo hopping the red carpet,
promoting her new fragrance at a place that sells fridges!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Lol! Little Miss Bunny Foo Foo!! ROTFL!!!!

Or maybe the REAL Lamar will stand up! :D