Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Barack and Joe in Kokomo?

November 25, 2010

Blog Guy, recently you revealed that you work as President Barack Obama’s Junk Food Advance Dude, helping him find the best high-cholesterol foods in the country. I don’t get it. He’s the president. Can’t he order any food he wants?

obama doughnuts kokomo 490

Oh, he tried that, but he quickly found out most carry-out places won’t deliver to Air Force One. It’s better if he just picks the stuff up himself.

Okay. I just saw photos of Obama and Vice President Joe Biden buying doughnuts at some bakery in Indiana. Now, you can’t possibly know every good bakery in…

obama doughnuts kokomo side 340Let me stop you right there. I grew up in Indiana. I KNOW my Midwestern pastry.

A few months ago I decided Obama should try the apple fritters at the Gingerbread House Bakery, in Kokomo.

I described them to him in great detail, and I said, “But Mr. President, can we get you there?” Then he grinned and replied with his famous catch phrase, “Yes we can.”

Then what happened?

obama doughnuts kokomo crop 220Well, fast-forward through a massive auto industry government intervention, billions of dollars, revitalized factories in Kokomo, and voila! Suddenly, Obama is picking out doughnuts just where I wanted him to be.

Wow! So to the casual observer it looked like he just happened to stop in for a treat, but behind the scenes….

Now you’re catching on. The best Junk Food Advance Dudes make it all look so natural.

U.S. President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden place a doughnut order at Gingerbread House Bakery in Kokomo, Indiana, November 23, 2010. REUTERS/Jim Young

Comments

Vice-President and Official Food-Taster, Joe ‘Turkeyneck’ Biden, looks thrilled at the prospect of being forced to gobble yet another fat-laden treat for his boss.
It wouldn’t be so bad, but Barrack makes him pay for all this stuff as well, as he keeps ‘leaving his wallet in the other plane’.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Oh, yes, delivery would not be possible to “Air Fore One” coz its in Wisconsin… and now we know that the official Junktaster is a fugitive alumni of the UOW…

Good one, Nosmo! I’d expect nothing less from the King.

Happy Fat-laden Food Day! I’ll admit to baking rolls using real butter and plan to share and enjoy them.

BG: I like the Air Fore One! Can just see his pilot smiling into his mic and shouting “Fore!” And then zooming down the runway scaring the beejeebers out of any other planes before he lifts into the sky.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I daresay, if’n I was guessing, I would say Joe don’t know donuts at all.

By the way, where are the sprinkles?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

As usual… missing…
Coz I ate them all!!! Mwahahahaha!!!

@Onedoor, the pilots of Air Force One have all the fun.

That secret service dude at the door, yeah he is not on the lookout for terrorists or would be assasins. Oh no, he is on the lookout for Michelle.

Happy Thanksgiving to all those here that observe. I would like to express that I am thankful for Mr. B. and the OE blog. Thanks for the laughs! :)

To all those that don’t observe have a happy Thursday nonetheless.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Laughs? People are laughing? I wish someone had had the decency to tell me sooner…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Don’t worry BG, we’re laughing WITH you, not AT you. Well, most of the time anyway.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Umm BG, its Air “Fore” One in the blog… that may have caused me a few sniggers… I mean… giggles… :P

Thanks Shra, I fixed it. That’s what I get for letting most of my staff take Thanksgiving off….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Um, I thought the Air Fore One might have been intentional…
… thus the comment about the pilot screaming “Fore!” prior to take off.

Shra, I like how you got in a few giggles before alerting BG:)

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

See Mr. B. people are laughing at the spelling errors! :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

That’s right Spin. I don’t remember the words very well but think it goes something like:
Durham, Seattle,
Becky serves with glee-a
Dounts and fritters,
Don’t let Michelle see ya

And the chorus:
We’ll take Air Fore One, it’ll get there slow,
Pay for my donuts, Joe
Eating pastries down in Kokomo

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Ooooooo!!
Pastries in Kokomo
baked by a sweet guy named Joe
He poured apple glaze over them to make them glow
They were enough to make Obama say “Oh!”

I feel like having a pain au raisin… anyone in? Or should I get another batch of donuts?