Canine politics, fetching and kvetching

November 26, 2010

EU-IRELAND/BUDGET

Blog Guy, do dogs have political views?

Not all of them, but certainly those graffiti-trained dogs do.

HONDURAS/There are dogs that are trained to spot graffiti?

They don’t spot it, they WRITE it.

They boil complex viewpoints down to some pretty simple words. Don’t get my golden retriever started on the IMF and Ireland’s economic woes…

This is incredible. I’ve never even seen a dog writing graffiti.

Well of course you haven’t. The training wouldn’t be very good if you caught them at it, would it?

CUBA/That’s the beauty of this talent. They write whatever they want, then sit back and smile with their tongues hanging out while some poor ghetto kid gets blamed for it.

But this is the most sophisticated thing I’ve ever heard of a dog doing!

Oh, it’s really not so much compared with the dogs who made those attack commercials during the recent election…

A woman walks her dog past graffiti in South Dublin November 23, 2010. REUTERS/Cathal McNaughton

A woman walks her dog near the presidential residency in Tegucigalpa July 11, 2009. REUTERS/Edgard Garrido

A man pulls a dog past people standing on a street in Havana February 2, 2010.  REUTERS/Desmond Boylan

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler and Oddly Enough, eBusiness BPO Inc.. eBusiness BPO Inc. said: Canine politics, fetching and kvetching http://bit.ly/eeNArg [...]

Wow! I can only wonder what those poodles are writing over in France.

Does Nosmo have to chase those border collies and their cans of spray paint? By the time you catch up to the dogs, they have settled themselves into a chair and their friends swear they have been playing cards with them all night.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Hey token causcasian guy picking his nose, Lamar’s crack photography strikes again!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Lol, One! :D
I can only about imagine them talking about their expertise with the can!

Caption for the third pic should read: Pooch jovial after dude steps in his well placed “landmine”.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Look, these dog graffiti gangs are an issue. When a law-enforcement agent catches up with a suspect dog, the dog is all like ‘Dude I don’t have opposable thumbs, so it can’t be me, right?’.
Then they pee on a lampost and try to have sex with your leg.
Or sometimes the other way round.
I’ll stick to collaring people at the border.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Onedoor, thanks for reminding us of an art classic the Louvre, given its budget woes, has overlooked. That dogs-playing-poker thing is hanging in the livingrooms of many, many relatives. (I am just a titch concerned, genetically speaking.)

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

I can believe some dogs spray graffiti, such as Doc’s pair, but that fluffy blonde one in the top pic? No way.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

CG, my two GSDs helped me paint my barn this summer. Mostly, they laid around under the maple trees and occasionally came to the foot of the ladder to tell me how bored they were, but they still managed to get lots of paint on themselves. They also managed to change the setting on my air compressor regulator from 60 psi to 90+ psi. (There was a telltale nose print with white paint on the knob.)

Maybe I’ll let them write the “1909″ on the barn, but they’d probably alter it to “190K9.”

If they did write graffiti, it would probably be

“Buddy [a neighbor's dog] is a SHEEP!”

“Roxie [another neighbor's dog] is a LASSIE!”

Well, gots to keep this a family-oriented blog, ya know.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Graffiti, sha-meeti. My dog is a white hat programmer. :)

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

@skeres, white hat? Heck, that’s a white fur conspiracy!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Sunday update: The Lads are helping Mrs. Doc paint the dining room. She’s painting with a roller. (Does that make her a “Holy Roller”?) Hope the Lads don’t get paint on themselves; a rose-coloured snout would have the neighborhood dogs laughing up and down the road!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I am sure your lads will be able to carry a rose coloured snout with elan, Doc… :D

Thank you Baz!!