Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Did you gals get enough coffee?

November 27, 2010

FASHION/

Lamar, get in my office, right now! You’re the one who arranged for the dressing room and backstage facilities for the models here at the fashion show, right?

model georgia face 220That’s right, Boss. You think I went overboard?

What amenities did you order?

Jeez, I’ll have to look at my copy of the contract, Boss. Let’s see. A mirror, a table, a metal chair, a fancy, deluxe, top-of-the-line coat rack, a splintered plank floor….

Oh, and one drunken chimpanzee to do hair and make-up, a bucket of red barn paint and a roller. The usual.

I see. And did you get a bathroom for the girls?

Um, hmmm. Silly me! Looks like I forgot to check that box, Boss. Why do you ask?

A model waits backstage for the start of a show during Tbilisi Fashion Week November 21, 2010. REUTERS/David Mdzinarishvili

Comments

I’m actually surprised this is not in Krasnoyarsk. I was beginning to think Johnson/Lamar wasn’t able to go anywhere else in the FSU. That, or Reuters only had one functioning camera in that part of the world.

She definitely looks like a candidate for donut therapy.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Actually, that’s a funny story, Dave. I signed off on sending a photographer there because I saw it was in Georgia and I thought, well, you know.

I need to pay more attention next time.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Good one BG! Monkey hairdressers must be big this year. Just finished reading Janet Evanovich’s “Fearless Fourteen,” and there is a bit in the story about a monkey arranging a woman’s hair. Her characters get to stop for doughnuts, too! Saaaay, you and Janet aren’t related, are you?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

She is thinking to herself: “Darn it, dressing up as my favorite Dragon Ball-Z character never looks as cool as TV!”

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Yeah, BG, I’m guessing that geography is not Lamar’s strong suite either.

Good one @ifly!

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Wait a second? Is she wearing … a BRA?!!?

Don’t those Russians know that the standard issue uniform for runway models specifically prohibits bras?!

Man, they are behind the times.

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

Perhaps those are burn marks on her face from the blow dryer that was used to create that “There’s Something About Mary” style.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

I cannot stand the way my Lamar gets booted around on this blog! Hey, he checked his list, ok? Like Santa never forgot anything? (I’ve got stories…) And that shameful misquote: “Hmm silly me”. My Lamar would NEVER say anything so effete. What he said, probably, was, “Zounds,to horse! With alacrity I must forthwith right this wrong!”

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

@lady – Effete? You used “effete” in a comment?

*backing slowly away so as not to get any taser side effects*

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Lady, I shouldn’t give away stuff like this, but keep watching. On Monday or Tuesday you’ll get a look at Lamar at home; a glimpse at the Lamar we seldom see….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@Dave – not only did she use ‘effete’ she also threw in ‘alacrity’ for good measure.

The model in the photo looks like she has a casting call for a revival of Rocky Horror Picture Show.

As for the location of the bathroom – it’s just a jump to the left.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I don’t want to see Lamar doing his “Buffalo Bill” impression. I really really don’t.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

And Nosmo gets Pop Culture Reference of the Month for one of those last two comments – I’m just not sure which one.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Skeres… umm… sorry, I dont think she is wearing a bra…