Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Scram! It’s a real drug bust!

December 1, 2010

drug suspect this 490

Blog Guy,  I’m thinking about becoming a drug dealer, or maybe even a drug kingpin, but fashion is important to me.  Can you give me some idea of the dress code for this exciting field?

drug suspect flipflops 300Well, first I should advise you strongly against choosing this profession. It is illegal in many states, and even some foreign countries.

Having said that, I’ve pulled some photos of recently arrested drug suspects so you can get an idea of popular attire.

Note the casual look favored by this suspect on the right, seen during his arrest a couple of days ago. T-shirt, shorts, flip-flops.

That’s very helpful, Blog Guy. What about hair?

drug suspect wig 220It’s generally well-coiffed, as you can see in the suspect on the left. His demeanor says it all: “I’m cool, I’m bad, look at my fancy hair style.”

And the female drug dealer suspects? How do they dress?

Judging from the drug bust photo at the top, I’d say their dress code is a tad more liberal than normal office attire.  Note just a hint of décolletage, and a bit of thigh.

Hey! Just a doggone a minute here, Blog Guy! This entire post was just a big set-up so you could use the phrase “drug bust” with that photo!

It’s just about cheap humor with you, right?

I don’t like the word cheap. Let’s just say economical.

Lower your expectations. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Top; Police arrest a suspected drug dealer during an operation at Alemao slum in Rio de Janeiro November 28, 2010.  REUTERS/ Bruno Domingos

Right: Police arrest a suspected drug dealer during an operation at Alemao slum in Rio de Janeiro, November 28, 2010. REUTERS/Sergio Moraes

Left: Alleged drug kingpin Christopher “Dudus” Coke wears a wig in this handout photograph released to Reuters June 23, 2010. Coke was arrested by police on the outskirts of Kingston, Jamaica. REUTERS/Handout

Comments

At this very minute I am indulging in a chocolate-covered donut and having a good chuckle while I read the blog…

Life’s good!

Cant say the same thing for Mr.”Dodo” Coke there..

Shhhhh! I don’t think this is the blog to be talking about the doughnuts. Quick, hide the stash. Mr. B. shut down the machines. The Feds are on to us!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Imma let you finish, Wait! Dudus’ name is Coke? Whaddya ‘spect?

Al Capone and the Kennedys’ wore suits….

Posted by KWest | Report as abusive

Shra, don’t you know Latin?

“Dudus” is the male conjugation of “Dude”. Mr. Coke is married to “Dudae” Coke. Together, they are the “Dudi” Coke.

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

A good case for legalizing/regulating drugs AND prostitution.

Posted by mheld45 | Report as abusive

I will make you a formal invitation to come and join this fabulous party in Rio de Janeiro.
And as you are so interested in the dress code here it is: flak jacket.
You will have a fantastic time just like the cariocas(locals of Rio) are having.
Enjoy it and then try and write another post making fun of this.

Posted by Bila | Report as abusive

Funny you should ask, Unca. I believe there is a used one for sale in Jamaica….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

PLEASE, Mr. B, do not send my Lamar on assignment to that party in Rio, with or without a flak jacket. I just don’t have a good feeling. Where are the parents? Will there be drinking?

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

mmmmf mmff nommm nmm hic chough quick hand over the “milk” we got to stash the doooughnut stash with the colorful sprinkles.

Posted by wheelz | Report as abusive

Skeres, did you just try and TEACH me Latin?? Did you? I would very careful while answering… anything you say could be held against you in the court of OE…

Shra, only if “amscray, ooh bustier” is the title in Latin. But, since we’re on the subject, a timely lesson would be the conjugation of the Latin verb “cheesere”: “to resemble a politician.”

Cheeso: I resemble a politician
cheesus*: You resemble a politician
cheesit: S/he resembles a politican

cheesimus: We resemble a politican
cheestis: You (plural) resemble a politican
cheesnut: They resemble a politician.

Thus: “cheesie” (legislation)
Thus, the idiomatic: “Cheesit lacere.” Literally, “S/he cut the cheese.” Idiomatically, “to speak like a politician.”

Thus, “Cheesus offus.” Literally, “voter.” Survivies in modern English as slang “to be cheesed off.”

Also, “cheesie dura.” Literally, “hard legislation.” Survives in modern English as slang “Hard cheese!”

Also “cheesum portis.” Literally, “the cheese is at the gate.” Popularly, “Crimony, is it election time again already!”

*In some provincial dialects, pronounced “jeesus” or “geesh.”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

You know, I was going to mention Latin yet again, but have decided that it’s too far removed from the original topic.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Hey, that’s not what I said! I said I was glad to have Spin as my very own “Latin lover.”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive