Happy Eva Mendes Day to all!

December 5, 2010

MOROCCO

Blog Guy, you’re not forgetting what day this is, right? Does December 5 ring a bell?

Of course. On this date back in 1957, Sukarno expelled all the Dutch people from Indonesia.

eva vertical combo 240And who could blame him? But that’s not what I had in mind.

I know, I was just having fun with you. I’m well aware that December 5 is Eva Mendes Day. This year, we caught up with the actress in Marrakesh, Morocco.

Eva! Blog Guy, I have to admit, we’ve been doing this for so long now, I can’t remember why it’s Eva Mendes day.

Me neither, but the important thing is to honor the tradition. Plus, it makes me think of that great song.

MOROCCOAh. Crosby, Stills and Nash, “The Marrakesh Express.”

No, Barry McGuire, “Eva Destruction.”

Top and right: U.S actress Eva Mendes poses for a photocall in the gardens of Hotel Mamounia in Marrakesh, December 4, 2010.

Left: Mendes attends the opening ceremony of the 10th International Marrakesh Film Festival December 3, 2010.

REUTERS photos by Jean Blondin

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler and Oddly Enough, eBusiness BPO Inc.. eBusiness BPO Inc. said: Happy Eva Mendes Day to all! http://bit.ly/ftLJUh [...]

[...] eat very healthy … but it is also a coffee mug have day I feel like shit … LOL and makes me feel that all my healthy eating is useless … I'm [...]

You know, whatever you say, I think Eva Mendes is a very good looking chica… After all, she has meat on her bones!!

Unca, I think the fact Mr. Manilow has (or hasn’t) passed away has very little to do with whether he sings and performs or not.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Thanks, Shra, and Happy Eva Mendes Day to you and yours!

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Umm.. is Eva Mendes Day supposed to be a non-stop-snow day, BG?
I thought it was supposed to be sunny and fun?!

I think Eva Mendes’ finest performance was when she played herself in Wall-E.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Wait a minute Ifly, you must have seen a ‘different’ version of Wall-E, ’cause there weren’t no Eva Mendes playing with herself in the one I saw with my daughter.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Nosmo, the one I saw involved Eva Mendes flying around at hypersonic speeds blowing up stuff with a really cool lazer blaster she had tucked away in her arm. Wall-E roamed around pining for her and calling out her name; “Eeeeeeeva”. I thought it was a great film of art imitating life. Is that the one you saw with your daughter?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@Ifly – uh, sorry, I may have fallen asleep during the movie. The theater was toasty warm and I had already had supper.
So, if I understand this correctly, Eva Mendes has a lazer blaster in her arm?

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

@Nosmo, yup she does. As you can tell by the bottom pic she just blasted a paparazzi’s Mercury Sable to a smoldering pile of smoldering rubble. And being a fan of the ‘ol westerns she is miming blowing the smoke from the barrel just to add a touch of flair.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ms Mendes has something of an owl-like ability to turn her head from side to side.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive