Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Fantasy theater in the round?

December 29, 2010

SLOVENIA/

Blog Guy, do you have any budget left for those fantasy photos you set up for readers?

Not much, but the year is almost over. What do you have in mind?

fantasy slovenia baby 320Well, I’d like a dog and, um, a guy playing bagpipes.

That sounds pretty easy. Not much of a fantasy.

Yeah, but I want to see them through a round hole in an underground passage at a park in Slovenia.

Wow. I’ll see what I can do for you. That’s it, right?

No, if you have any money left after that, I’d like to see a chick with a baby carriage the same way. Round hole, underground passage, park, Slovenia.

Okay, but that wipes out every penny in my 2010 fantasy budget and I should warn you, it won’t be a cute baby.

A man and his dog pass a street musician playing bagpipes in an underground passage of Ljubljana’s Tivoli parkĀ  December 27, 2010. REUTERS/Srdjan Zivulovic

A woman with a baby carriage is seen through a hole in an underground passage in Ljubljana’s Tivoli park July 22, 2009. REUTERS/Bor Slana

Comments

Hound in the Round. Very unusual looking bagpipe(s). I only see one pipe. Looks a lot like a large hot water bottle he’s clutching. Points in his favor: you don’t see bagpipers teaching their 18 month old to play:)

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Thats SO NOT a bagpipe!!! He is.. he is… now, I cant state the obvious can I?!

Oh geez you weren’t kidding Mr. B. that is one hideous baby!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Well, either these are two different underground passages, or the photographers used different lenses to capture their images.

Either way, I see this as a potential exhibit at MOMA next year.

Posted by skeres | Report as abusive

How exactly does one “trough a hole”? Or is that a local term in Ljubljana?

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Just a typo, Jazz. It’s been fixed. Thanks.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Why is that large Ljubljana Leprechaun attempting to inflate his pillowcase through a snorkel?

@Unca – I see you got the ‘expensive’ bagpipe starter kit. The budget version consists of a pair of tight-fitting underwear and a old jar of pickled eggs.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

The cops didn’t think my picture of a woman brushing her hair as taken through a hole in the wall of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders locker room was within the catagory of art. Nor did the judge. Nor does the restraining order stating I have to remain at least 500 miles away from Texas.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Just laughing at all the comments:)

Welcome back, Nosmo.

@Jazz: I think they were having a food fight and troughing donut holes! They ate too many sprinkles…

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Nosmo…. not sure I quite understand the concept of pickled eggs….
And please let us not talk about donuts… i am sure my blood sugar level has gone over the roof!

Ahh pickled eggs – the Devil’s fruit!
As compared to beans, which as we know are the musical fruit.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Ah, poor Ifly, long distance relationships can be hard. :(

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Thanks for the welcome return of your haiku, Spin…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive