Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Popular museum gets a facelift?

December 30, 2010

goofy face final 490

Blog Guy, since the year is almost over, can you give us a preview of what surprises the Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop has in store for 2011?

goofy biker crop 320You bet. We’re busy gearing up for the start of our huge winter tourist season, with new exhibits and a grand reopening.

Winter? I would think summer would be your big tourist season.

Oh crap. I think you’re right, I can never keep that straight. Well, it’s too late to change our plans now.

Anyhow, we’re unveiling a variety of expensive new photos, on subjects ranging from the famous, like actor Robert Redford and French President Nicolas Sarkozy, to sports figures, to regular private citizens.

goofy redford combo 320Wow. I know that wise purchases can make or break a museum, as we saw recently with The Louvre. What was the single most expensive piece your museum acquired in 2010?

That would be our new logo.

You mean that statue of Abe Lincoln making a goofy face and holding a doughnut?

Yep, we think that’s going to turn everything around.

Oh. Good luck with that logo thing, Blog Guy, and I hope you’re able to withstand the crush of January tourists.

goofy museum logo 240Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Top: A resident looks at the camera during a demonstration at Planalto Palace in Brasilia, December 27, 2010.  REUTERS/Ueslei Marcelino

Right: Team Milram rider Dominik Roels of Germany cycles during the fourth stage of the Tour of Spain “La Vuelta” cycling race, August 31, 2010. REUTERS/Felix Ordonez

Combo left: U.S. actor Robert Redford at the annual MIPCOM television program market in Cannes, France, October 6, 2010. REUTERS/Eric Gaillard

Combo right: French President Nicolas Sarkozy during an European Union leaders summit in Brussels, December 17, 2010. REUTERS/Francois Lenoir

Comments

Dominik Roels demonstrates to the rest of the pack why pickled eggs should be outlawed in sporting events, and probably any public place at all.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

When I read the headline I thought, “Oh great, another story about Joan Rivers.” Thanks for the morning humor. First pic reminds me I forgot to brush my teeth this morning.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

I want a GFMaDS snuggie!

That is a very unfortunate pose the camera has caught Mr. Roels in.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I looooooooooooooooooove Sarkozy’s face!!! His is gonna be the first face that comes to my mind when someone says “Go Goofy!”

@justCAM, is Joan Rivers even capable of making facial expressions these days, much less goofy ones?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@ifly … good question. Joan? Are you out there? Can you make a goofy face for us? Lamar! Grab the camera!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

@justCAM, just remember that brushing your teeth more than once a week causes gum disease. Just ask all those people who brush their teeth twice a week….

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Blimey, Mr Sarkozy looks like a real life Spitting Image puppet.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

@justCAM, seeing as Mr. B. is always on the red carpet during television awards ceremonies (due to his celebrity status) no doubt we will being seeing plenty of goofy faces during the upcoming year!

Sarkozy is smellin’ some really stinky brie!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Robert Redford??? I thought it was Elton John!! Humour is what we need in these hard times.

Posted by Albinosupports | Report as abusive

Mr Roels has rather pretty legs.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Um, well Spin, you can be that until I track down the guy who wrote There once was a man from Nantucket….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

You can definitely be the Haiku laureate Spin… no one is challenging that position! :D